2016 Energy Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

Had a great time at the Conference, was good to see all the regulars, along with a lot of new ppl........

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
      Hi Paul,

Sorry we didn't connect at the conference. I would like to have met you and shared some conversation. I did get to interact with a few other people who are active on this board, however, and thoroughly enjoyed it!

I like this idea! Firehose of information is a very apt description of the presentations! LOL Feels like I got at least half a dozen semester long college courses all rolled up into three days. I'm sure some of the younger people ate this up, but I saw quite a few "old geezers" like me that are a little slower on the uptake than when we were younger. But overall, a very good conference.
      Gary I'm sorry we missed each other as well, perhaps in future. Actually, I meant to say it was my nephew, years back who corrected me, so no spring chicken myself any longer. my how time flies. Appreciate the kind words.

Comment

Originally posted by ZPDM View Post
        Aaron, while this was great, you know I could never sit still through med school classes, you had three 10/12hour days, people flying in from New Zealand, Australia etc., for pity's sake just take an afternoon and put everyone out on a boat on the lake or an afternoon on the beach, might sort of break up the firehose of information.
        More presentations were added to this conference on purpose so that anyone can attend whatever they can handle. I wasn't sure that many people were interested in the bonus evening presentations and was surprised that the room was almost full. They were optional and so was the dinner so people could have shortened their day by a few hours. This was the first time we had that many presentation. If anyone needs to bow out of a presentation to get rest, they can always still get the presentation later in video format.

Next year will probably be 4 days. Thur to Sun.

This is my take on it anyway, people are making the long journey so might as well have as much as possible for everyone. I'll be taking some surveys based on all the feedback however, so will do what makes sense for most people.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

All 2016 Energy Science & Technology Conference presentations are listed on this site: http://emediapress.com
          Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Working...
          X