Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xtal Locked Timing Circuits for Tesla Switch's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Hi Darren,

As long as you have a driver circuit that will produce square waves out of phase with each other you'll be fine.

For the 4 battery Tesla Switch, you will need to use optocouplers (or audio transformers as John Bedini used initially) in between the driver circuit and the transistors.

John K.
    Thank you John for the response. That gives me a place to begin. Could I please get you to elaborate on that a little though.

Comment

Hi Darren,

You could start with an SG3524 or SG3525 PWM chip. These are relatively easy to set up and reasonably cheap.

Alternatively, you can go with a PIC where you can program the on and off times. Some of these are also getting ridiculously cheap.

As for the optocoupler part, you need to isolate the driver circuit from the switching circuit because the driver circuit needs a common ground whereas the switching circuit does not have a common ground.

Hope this helpds...

John K.

Comment

Hi John,
        Yes, That helps Tremendously. That is what I needed to know. Thank you very much. I have a SG3524 and haven't used it yet but I haven't decided on which circuit I want to build first. I plan to build several variations but I want to pick one to start with. Now I know why my transistor flip flop wasn't triggering the base of the MJL21194 though. I also plan to build the relay version. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
        X