Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xtal Locked Timing Circuits for Tesla Switch's.

Hello BobZilla
    What is the chip on your Arduino, Have you ever programed your Arduino to decode the grey code from a rotary encoder.
    Does your Arduino have an I2C (I squared C Bus) interface.
    I love your posts.

Thankyou in Advance

Most
    Kindest
    Nityesh Schnaderbeck
    Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 01-05-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Hi Nityesh,
    I appreciate all of your contributions to the group very much as well.

Rather than me babble on I think you would find this more useful:

http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/RotaryEncoders

Be sure to scroll all the way down past the code examples because there is more good info in the chip itself.

To be honest with you I mostly use mine for fairly simple tasks.
    Last edited by BobZilla; 01-05-2016 at 07:12 PM.

Thankyou BobZilla

I wonder if I might ask for help? I've noticed that there is a growing number of Tesla,Brandt,Bedini switches, which ever you want to call it. Anyway, I have the Ron Brandt, 4 battery, 6 Transistor,8 Diode Switch that I intend to build and I have found a simple 2 Transistor Flip Flop circuit that I would like to drive the 6 switch transistors with. I have 4- 5AH Batteries, 6 MJL21194's & 8 - 8A Diodes for the switch circuit and I know ya'll are familiar with the transistor flip flop circuit. 10 piece - 2 transistors, 4 resistors, 2 led's & 2 capacitors. Any way, I,m trying to figure out hoe to connect them or if i even can use that flip flop circuit for a driver. If I can i would like to know if 2n2222's will do or if I need something larger and how do I connect it. If not I have a 4017 that I had considered. Any way I would greatly appreciate some input.

Hi Darren,

As long as you have a driver circuit that will produce square waves out of phase with each other you'll be fine.

For the 4 battery Tesla Switch, you will need to use optocouplers (or audio transformers as John Bedini used initially) in between the driver circuit and the transistors.

John K.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Hi Darren,

As long as you have a driver circuit that will produce square waves out of phase with each other you'll be fine.

For the 4 battery Tesla Switch, you will need to use optocouplers (or audio transformers as John Bedini used initially) in between the driver circuit and the transistors.

John K.
    Thank you John for the response. That gives me a place to begin. Could I please get you to elaborate on that a little though.

Hi Darren,

You could start with an SG3524 or SG3525 PWM chip. These are relatively easy to set up and reasonably cheap.

Alternatively, you can go with a PIC where you can program the on and off times. Some of these are also getting ridiculously cheap.

As for the optocoupler part, you need to isolate the driver circuit from the switching circuit because the driver circuit needs a common ground whereas the switching circuit does not have a common ground.

Hope this helpds...

John K.

Hi John,
    Yes, That helps Tremendously. That is what I needed to know. Thank you very much. I have a SG3524 and haven't used it yet but I haven't decided on which circuit I want to build first. I plan to build several variations but I want to pick one to start with. Now I know why my transistor flip flop wasn't triggering the base of the MJL21194 though. I also plan to build the relay version. Thank you very much.