Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

PRE-REGISTER - 19 SEATS LEFT!!!*** 2017 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: New Medium Sized Machine

Solavei
    A little trick we used to do to increase the accuracy of a carbon resistor was to make small perpendicular cuts with a hacksaw to make small increases in resistance. I would then seal the cuts to keep them from deteriorating with a touch of clear fingernail polish I kept in my toolbox for that purpose. One thing I would recommend is starting with at least half watt resisters until you get some experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    Hi Faraday,
    Unfortunately that software is a proprietary package that was bundled with the old radio shack digital meters which I don't think they sell anymore. If you have the meter I can give you the software but without the meter it won't do any good.

If you are looking for a way to chart on your computer I would suggest DATAQ products. These are pretty nice solutions at a good price. Be aware that the lower end models only accept up to 10v so to use it with our types of systems you make a voltage divider on the input and set the calibration. That is what I did with mine and it works fine that way.

Check out these starter kits if your interested.

https://www.dataq.com/data-acquisition/starter-kits/
    Thanks Bob! will check on the link you sent will let you know if i need some more help in this regard.
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'If Real Education be Imparted...Paradigm Shift would become Redundant'

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Luton View Post
    A little trick we used to do to increase the accuracy of a carbon resistor was to make small perpendicular cuts with a hacksaw to make small increases in resistance. I would then seal the cuts to keep them from deteriorating with a touch of clear fingernail polish I kept in my toolbox for that purpose. One thing I would recommend is starting with at least half watt resisters until you get some experience.
    Nice trick, I like it ;-)

I'll tell you what else that little bottle of nail polish can help with,,,, If you ever get a scratch on your magnet wire you can paint a little nail polish on to repair the enamel insulator.

Faraday,
    No problem. The only down side is that you pretty much need to dedicate the PC for the meter while using it ( or a really long USB cable). I have a cheap desktop that I bought only for my meters. It doesn't need to be a very powerful machine, the refurbished office class PC's work fine for this purpose.

You can also use it to secure variable resistors and variable capacitors with a drop on the adjustment head although for that I prefer colored. Keeps your adjustment from changing do to vibration or temperature variations. Lot cheaper than the "Locktite" version especially when one of your female friends give you an old bottle that is not good for doing nails anymore. But it can lead to some ribbing from others when you keep fingernail polish in your toolbox, at least until they realize how good the idea is.

Bob,

Appreciate the video, I'm being a bit of a lazy as here but then again you have a great set-up to look at this rigorously. What do you think of my idea to put some colloidal silver in a LA battery to provide a silver nano-coating when radiantly charged? I'll probably try to go to the recycling center (aka Dump) to get a refillable LA battery this week and work to recondition but even so I don't have the graphing software and consistent machine set-up and you have done a lot with different battery types so thought I might try and interest you

Quote Originally Posted by ZPDM View Post
    Bob,

Appreciate the video, I'm being a bit of a lazy as here but then again you have a great set-up to look at this rigorously. What do you think of my idea to put some colloidal silver in a LA battery to provide a silver nano-coating when radiantly charged? I'll probably try to go to the recycling center (aka Dump) to get a refillable LA battery this week and work to recondition but even so I don't have the graphing software and consistent machine set-up and you have done a lot with different battery types so thought I might try and interest you

Hmm, I'm not to sure on this one. I think I will let you try it first ;-)

Solavei
    Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    Hmm, I'm not to sure on this one. I think I will let you try it first ;-)
    Aw, come on Aright I'll make a trip out to the "recycling center" and see what I can find for batteries, but if this works real well I might tell you it stinks. Besides I haven't had any colloidal silver for a month or two and maybe placebo but I feel good on the stuff.