Growing food with Bedini/Tesla devices powering LEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aln

Thank you for that info. It confirms my earlier research, though I may want to substitute Warm white" for "bright white" as I already have enough of the blue spectrum and maybe not enough of the yellow. So I should try 7 red, to 1 blue, and 1 warm white. I appreciate your input.

James, somewhere in Idaho
    Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

Comment

Tri-Symmetrical Switch as Oscilator Powering LEDs

Regarding the circuits in post #12 http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=3243&p=21974&viewfull=1#post21974 "]http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=3243&p=21974&viewfull=1#post21974 "]http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=3243&p=21974&viewfull=1#post21974 I have had to make some more modifications to make the solid state Oscillator stable. Here is the schematic again showing the modifications.

The success's of this experiment:

* The circuit does oscillate.(driver circuit)
      * Self rotation mode works(driver circuit)
      * All 3 sets of LEDs light up, from the back-spike of the coil. (Tri-Symmetrical Circuit)
      * A capacitor connected across each of the 3 LED sets increases the brightness of the LEDs, the value of these capacitors does affect the oscillator frequency.

but

The batteries went flat very fast. It could be possible, with the right coil(with the right specifications), can run the LEDs and charge the batteries, or at least keep the battery voltages frozen.

The value of C2 and the inductance of the coil determine the oscillator frequency, as well as the adjustment of RV1 and the values of the capacitance of the capacitors connected across the LED sets.

kind
      Regards
      Nityesh Schnaderbeck
      Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 11-12-2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Hi Nityesh

Nice work. I have been doing some research into the oscillator side of this. What do you think about trying an arrangement like this in the oscillator side? It's a totally separate and complete LCR circuit (blocking oscillator) that could better define the frequency. One could replace R1 in this circuit for a pot, and select the desired frequency with the relationship between L2 & C1. One could calculate the frequency and wind the inductor on a small bobbin with a duplicate coil right next to it on the same bobbin and hook them up with opposite polarity. I'm already designing that on another bigger project, but the oscillotor section would fit into anything (relatively speaking--as one may need to consider wire size for a particular project).

Last edited by James_Somewhere_In_Idaho; 11-12-2015, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Hi all

Here is the link to the photo album with pics of my coil litzing contraption I stated I would share with you:

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/album.php?albumid=92

And, here is the link to the photo album with pics of the grow lights I built out of 5 meter long 12 volt automotive LEDs (this set had 7 red to 1 blue LEDs):

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/album.php?albumid=91

Can't wait to get a new-and-improved set, with a ratio of 7 red, to 1 blue, and 1 white in a more suitable arrangement, running off of one of these devices...

The plan is to have four 4-foot long fixtures, on a 6-foot high by 4-foot wide by 2-foot deep shelving unit--one fixture per level, growing food..

Y'all oughta think about doing that as well...as I think the time is probably near, when you will have to do something like that in order to stay healthy/alive...just sayin'...

Comment

Hi James,
            Thanks for sharing your work. Sure looks like you put a lot of thought into that coil machine. Something else you may want to consider with your LED grow system. You can add in some solar cells to capture a bit of energy back. You will not get great returns from it but for example when I did this I got some of those small square cells and wired them up in series to get 13v, then I used that to charge small stuff. You do not want to go too crazy with it because you do want the light to bounce around for your plants but putting a few cells around the top edge and a few around the sides can be beneficial. Why use the energy once when you can use it twice ehh.

Nityesh,
            I also thank you for sharing your work. I am still wrapped up in my own project so for now I can only anticipate the day I can replicate some of your work but it is very kind of you to share.

Comment

Hi BobZilla

Hmmm...yes...that "mini solar panel idea" sounds like a darned good one! Thank you.

And, yes, a lot of thought went into the winder (my son calls it Wolf Litzer). I usually try to work through any so-called "engineering" problems in my mental workshop, so that whatever prototype comes from that does not need much in the way of upgrades. The winder you see was iteration number two, in that I had to re-due the litzer bobbins from glued PVC to plastic welded HDPE (Costco cutting board and poly tubing from Home Depot). It works great now. However, I need to get the wire length counter working properly--will probably use a spring-loaded tire to press the wire onto the counter roller. I had used an elaborate system of wire guides looping the wire around the wheel as a tensioner, but my first coil ended up several feet longer than I wanted using that technique (due to slippage). The spring-loaded tire idea, should act more like the feed on a wire-feed welder. Then, I shouldn't need my son's help every time I wish to wind a coil. Other than that, my coils are turning out great with my son helping me measure the individual wire lengths.
              Last edited by James_Somewhere_In_Idaho; 11-20-2015, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X