* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Growing food with Bedini/Tesla devices powering LEDs

Hi BobZilla

Hmmm...yes...that "mini solar panel idea" sounds like a darned good one! Thank you.

And, yes, a lot of thought went into the winder (my son calls it Wolf Litzer). I usually try to work through any so-called "engineering" problems in my mental workshop, so that whatever prototype comes from that does not need much in the way of upgrades. The winder you see was iteration number two, in that I had to re-due the litzer bobbins from glued PVC to plastic welded HDPE (Costco cutting board and poly tubing from Home Depot). It works great now. However, I need to get the wire length counter working properly--will probably use a spring-loaded tire to press the wire onto the counter roller. I had used an elaborate system of wire guides looping the wire around the wheel as a tensioner, but my first coil ended up several feet longer than I wanted using that technique (due to slippage). The spring-loaded tire idea, should act more like the feed on a wire-feed welder. Then, I shouldn't need my son's help every time I wish to wind a coil. Other than that, my coils are turning out great with my son helping me measure the individual wire lengths.
    Last edited by James_Somewhere_In_Idaho; 11-20-2015 at 10:20 AM.
    Best regards

James, somewhere in Idaho

“So this is how liberty dies…with thunderous applause.”

~ Padmé Amidala ~