Earth Ground?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth Ground?

In the School Girl schematic there is an earth ground symbol. Can someone here explain how this effects the performance of the device? How was the science project grounded? I put one together with a Tip 35 to show my kids. I could only get it to spin when I hook a ground wire to a big metal table.

The SSG (2-battery circuit) runs with no problems without a ground.

The Bedini/Cole half circuit also has a earth ground symbol in the schematic. I have run this circuit with no problems without a ground.
    Is the ground only required when using the smaller components? I have never seen any Youtube videos with anyone mentioning the importance of the ground. The 3 books don't mention the earth ground. Is it not important?

Thanks for any input.

DMann

From what I've seen, there is always a "ground" (negative terminal) but not necessarily an "Earth Ground". If you could post or link too the schematic you are referring too it would be helpful.
    “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.”

Comment

Originally posted by DMANN View Post
      In the School Girl schematic there is an earth ground symbol. Can someone here explain how this effects the performance of the device? How was the science project grounded? I put one together with a Tip 35 to show my kids. I could only get it to spin when I hook a ground wire to a big metal table.
      That is interesting it only ran with the Earth ground connection.

In those older diagrams, John does have a couple different Earth ground symbols. Some are definitely the symbol for literally connecting it to the Earth like a ground rod. Years ago, I connected my little roller skate motor, etc... to an Earth rod and it seemed to run stronger and longer. The tests were crude, but you are definitely seeing Earth ground symbols.
      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Pastor, these are the schematics I am referring to. If you do an Google image search, the pitch fork symbol comes up as a chassis ground in most of the descriptions, but I believe that it is meant to be earth ground. Someone please correct me if that is wrong.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	bedini schematics1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	47137Click image for larger version

Name:	bedini schematics.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	47138

Comment

Hi DMANN and All,

Originally posted by DMANN View Post
          Pastor, these are the schematics I am referring to. If you do an Google image search, the pitch fork symbol comes up as a chassis ground in most of the descriptions, but I believe that it is meant to be earth ground. Someone please correct me if that is wrong.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]4800[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4801[/ATTACH]
          At the 2013 Energy Science Conference John gave a presentation on the SSG and demonstrated one of the "kits" for all of us there. This presentation became EFTV Part 34.

He also recorded EFTV Part 33 ahead of time, which was basically the same as his conference demonstration. In EFTV Part 33 disc 1, beginning at 56:44 and going to 58:20, he drew all three ground symbols on the board and explained that, even though they each have a different meaning, he frequently uses them interchangeably. He likes the looks of the pitch - fork (earth ground) symbol, so has used it a lot for chassis ground, which is the case here!

He then went on to use the triangle shaped symbol as chassis ground during the rest of the video and explained that a chassis ground was what he intended. That's just John being John!

If you don't have EFTV Part 33 and 34, and want to build a really good SSG, you need to get them. It was a great presentation and these are great videos to have! There are four discs in all.
          Last edited by Gary Hammond; 10-10-2015, 03:04 PM. Reason: correct statement error

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
            He likes the looks of the pitch - fork (earth ground) symbol, so has used it a lot for chassis ground, which is the case here!

He then went on to use the triangle shaped symbol as chassis ground during the rest of the presentation and explained that an earth ground was neither needed nor intended.
            Using the ground rod is the only way this little oscillator self ran and kept itself charged up.

Years ago when Energetic Forum was fairly new, one of my partners had a SG that was at a COP of about 3.0 and it was connected to a ground rod that was buried in some potash that was kept wet.
            Last edited by Aaron Murakami; 10-10-2015, 11:28 AM.
            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

I have used ground rods on various SG's, SSG's both small and large.... and noticed that they always work better right after a rain.
              Then when the upstairs over the garage was turned into a apartment, and a window air conditioner was installed. It's evap dripped near the ground rod, and any SG i had running and hooked to it, worked better all the time while the AC ran and dripped....
              I never tried a ground rod in potash, but that sounds interesting, as the potassium compounds and a copper coated gnd rod might act like a crystal battery....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potash
              Last edited by RS_; 10-10-2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks Gary... I kind of assumed that was the fact, but was not prepared to say so because I didn't know for a fact lol. It seems to me that with the SSG ground is ground whether its chassis, earth or common... I have not tried using an earth ground with it, but I figure its going to work either way...
                “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.”

Comment

Hi Aaron and RS,

I made an error in my previous post which I have now corrected with an edit. It was in EFTV Part 33, disc 1, at 56:44 to 58:20 that John shows the three ground symbols and said he should have used the chassis ground symbol.

I don't doubt that an actual earth ground might give better results than running without it. I've heard this claimed before, so I hooked mine up to an earth ground some time ago. I couldn't tell any difference with or without the earth ground on any of my SSGs that I checked it on.

I've also read that hooking the input to an antenna in conjunction with earth grounding will give improved performance. However, I've never tried it yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X