X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Inductance

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Thank Tom. I have a couple LCR meters here. This is what I was looking for....

Bedini SG The Easy Way - Posted by Bedini!

I'll give this a try in the next couple weeks with standard off-the-shelf inductors and see how the circuit compares with the one I am currently using. -t

Comment

The 8 channel TeslaGenX kit supplied only one type of diode. Is there a reason you list 2 types here??

Comment

we could have used the 4001 and 4007 but the 4007 is more robust, so we decided to just use the 4007. I just updated that post.

Tom C
          Last edited by Tom C; 05-08-2015, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Hi Tom

TeslagenX offers an 8 transistor board Kit, and 4 transistor board kit, but the full SG kit uses 7 coils plus trigger coil, so should we get the 8 transistor kit and just leave one transistor off?

I am thinking of building my own SG for eduction purposes, but want to purchase the coil and Board kit, as I see the value of not having to wind the coil and try to match all the transistors.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

we did the 8 trans kit for symmetry and John's older SG's have 9 transistors on them, our boards are approved by John B. it really does not matter how many you use. you can order the 8 filar coil and kit, or a 7 filar coil and just have a spare transistor in case you blow one up as they are all matched with each kit. leave it out of the kit completely and hold on to it.

we have everything in stock.

Tom C

Comment

Thanks Tom,

What is the difference between an 8 filar and the 7 filar that is used in the SG beginners kit? Does it produce more output? Would I need to add more magnets, or a bigger wheel?

or would everything work normally with 21 magnets and an 8 filar coil?

Comment

it has 1 more wire.... 8 power 1 trigger instead of 7 power 1 trigger. its the same wire gauge and length. output varies with tuning. I can run a 4 strand with more output than an 8 strand. wheel size number of magnets and magnet spacing are all factors. run the biggest wheel you can, with the magnets 3 to5 widths apart.

and yes everything will work as designed with an 8 strand plus trigger. your input current draw will be a bit higher.

imagine the SG circuit by itself, 1 transistor. now multiply them in parallel and you have a 8 strands machine. you can have 1, 2, 3, 4 or more coils, with varying number of strands and wire gauges. up to 80 or 100 transistors all doing the same thing. its all about what you are trying to do.

Tom C

Comment

Excellent reply.

excited to start my build, but want to source the basic things locally. Buying the entire Transistor kit, and a pre-wound coil will save a lot of time and energy. Probably more cost effective as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                      it has 1 more wire.... 8 power 1 trigger instead of 7 power 1 trigger. its the same wire gauge and length. output varies with tuning. I can run a 4 strand with more output than an 8 strand. wheel size number of magnets and magnet spacing are all factors. run the biggest wheel you can, with the magnets 3 to5 widths apart.

and yes everything will work as designed with an 8 strand plus trigger. your input current draw will be a bit higher.

imagine the SG circuit by itself, 1 transistor. now multiply them in parallel and you have a 8 strands machine. you can have 1, 2, 3, 4 or more coils, with varying number of strands and wire gauges. up to 80 or 100 transistors all doing the same thing. its all about what you are trying to do.

Tom C
                      @ All,
                      1 SG......, REMAINING ALL SSGs for a Multi-coil rotary system how z that!!!
                      once you get a hold on the multi-strand theory..Multi-coil system is at a flip of switch way!.. but guess what it just doesn't end there..what can be the next step??
                      'Worm -hole' ......just kidding:..think think its all there in a pondering mind!!
                      it could be a matter of two coils consisting multi-strand coils each to graduate to Multi-coil system... btw it need not be rotary either.. applicable to SS Multi-coil system.
                      Rgds,
                      Faraday88.
                      Last edited by Faraday88; 06-18-2018, 01:31 AM.
                      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Working...
                      X