Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dwane Dibley View Post
    Hi Faraday,
    I remember FET's from the sixties. Mosfets were around in the seventies as were IGBT's. Ron cole, being the wizz kid that he was, may have chosen not to use these due to their suseptibility at the gate junction to electrostatic charges. Also, one of the reasons why they can be hard to handle in Radiant circuitry such as the TS, which effectively produces a longitudinal wave. Therefore, mosfets start behaving badly when the switching starts to approach success.

Cheers

Dwane
    Hi Dwane,
    I'm in absolute agreement with you on the Susceptibility issue of MOSFETs with the Radiant switching.. if you read the Advanced book on the SG (3rd book) it in fact mentions
    that even with 6 MOSFETs Paralleled would'nt last long with active cooling! I think we need to go back in time in terms of recalling the Gas-Discharge Plasma switches such as the Thyratron/ Ignitron/ Mercury Arc Rectifiers to deal with the Massive Energetic Radiant Impulses!!!! Remember E.V Gray used them in the later versions for CSET replacement apparently....
    But the availability of MOSFET and IGBT in the 60's is a News to me Man!
    Having said all this it is still a challenge and can be worked out on the Electrostatic Discharge of Radiant reactions even with existing MOSFET IGBT ect..
    More later..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
      Hi Dwane,
      I'm in absolute agreement with you on the Susceptibility issue of MOSFETs with the Radiant switching.. if you read the Advanced book on the SG (3rd book) it in fact mentions
      that even with 6 MOSFETs Paralleled would'nt last long with active cooling! I think we need to go back in time in terms of recalling the Gas-Discharge Plasma switches such as the Thyratron/ Ignitron/ Mercury Arc Rectifiers to deal with the Massive Energetic Radiant Impulses!!!! Remember E.V Gray used them in the later versions for CSET replacement apparently....
      But the availability of MOSFET and IGBT in the 60's is a News to me Man!
      Having said all this it is still a challenge and can be worked out on the Electrostatic Discharge of Radiant reactions even with existing MOSFET IGBT ect..
      More later..
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      Hi Faraday88,
      I can't let that one go! I said FET's in the sixties and Mosfet's and IGBT's in the seventies.

With regards to E V Gray, his patent indicated a Thyratron for the Cset. And, not a lot of people have actually formalised a working circuit, well not publicly. Sure he required a large dump through a switch of sorts, but, if you work through the maths on his outcomes, he did not need as much as you might think. e.g. John Bedini (I think it was on a trip to Gray's workshop, I might also be confusing him with another person) suggests seeing a 100hp motor running. This is 75kw. the Gray motor was assumed to be running with a voltage of 5000volts. Therefore, by simple math we are faced with a current of 15 amps. Hardly the stuff of gas plasma discharge tubes. Allowing for slip on the pulse drive, we might suggest 20 amps! Still well within the range of valve switching instead of a thyratron which would require a more sophisticated switching mechanism than that showed in his patent. But then, all this is acedemic, because, if you had worked through the Gray concept, the energy was created within the motor and not externally and then fed in. If you get the concept, you will get to the answer, without gas plasma and Mercury arc rectifiers. In fact, I have heard that the Gray motor ran on only a few hundred milliamps!

However, most have cast off Gray's motor as being too difficult. Even if someone knew how the motor concept was supposed to have been designed by Marvin Cole it is unlikely that person would, at the present time be able to market a replication successfully without a lot of harassment!

Cheers

Dwane

Comment

Hi Faraday88,
        I can't let that one go! I said FET's in the sixties and Mosfet's and IGBT's in the seventies.

With regards to E V Gray, his patent indicated a Thyratron for the Cset. And, not a lot of people have actually formalised a working circuit, well not publicly. Sure he required a large dump through a switch of sorts, but, if you work through the maths on his outcomes, he did not need as much as you might think. e.g. John Bedini (I think it was on a trip to Gray's workshop, I might also be confusing him with another person) suggests seeing a 100hp motor running. This is 75kw. the Gray motor was assumed to be running with a voltage of 5000volts. Therefore, by simple math we are faced with a current of 15 amps. Hardly the stuff of gas plasma discharge tubes. Allowing for slip on the pulse drive, we might suggest 20 amps! Still well within the range of valve switching instead of a thyratron which would require a more sophisticated switching mechanism than that showed in his patent. But then, all this is acedemic, because, if you had worked through the Gray concept, the energy was created within the motor and not externally and then fed in. If you get the concept, you will get to the answer, without gas plasma and Mercury arc rectifiers. In fact, I have heard that the Gray motor ran on only a few hundred milliamps!

However, most have cast off Gray's motor as being too difficult. Even if someone knew how the motor concept was supposed to have been designed by Marvin Cole it is unlikely that person would, at the present time be able to market a replication successfully without a lot of harassment!

Cheers

Dwane
        Hi Dwane,

Sorry for that little misunderstanding..! Yes you are correct in saying that the Energy shows up in the Motor and that is the Secondary Gain! the first being in the Capacitors in the way they are Charged..(Radiant) the two give a Tandem Amplification to the Energy that drives the Motor...cause the Capacitor take very less time in the recharge phase to be ready for the next bang..! Peter Lindeman is the best in describing this mechanism (in his FESCE Book)the schematics in it are functional representatives and not the ACTUAL S but enough to grasp the Principle...
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.

Comment

Gray Conundrum Education

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
          Hi Dwane,

Sorry for that little misunderstanding..! Yes you are correct in saying that the Energy shows up in the Motor and that is the Secondary Gain! the first being in the Capacitors in the way they are Charged..(Radiant) the two give a Tandem Amplification to the Energy that drives the Motor...cause the Capacitor take very less time in the recharge phase to be ready for the next bang..! Peter Lindeman is the best in describing this mechanism (in his FESCE Book)the schematics in it are functional representatives and not the ACTUAL S but enough to grasp the Principle...
          Rgds,
          Faraday88.
          Hi Faraday88,
          Best you do not quote or requote and demonstrate that you know very little. I am sure that Peter lindemann has not stated the Gray Motor runs as you suggest!

Briefly, there is no "Tandem Amplification" as you call it with the Gray motor. The capacitors are there only to ignite a charge. NO BANG! In reality the Gray issue is a very simple physics issue. Unfortunately, for most attempting to analyse the Gray sequences is that Gray himself was an electronics dunce. Marvin Cole was the orignal brains, and he took the conceptual brief for his design from someone else. The only reason Gray issued a patent, I am led to believe, was that after Marvin Cole disappeared, he needed something tangible to show investors - also, he needed more money. Gray put together some of the circuit design concepts used by Cole that he could remember and tried to make it all sound so believable. It was all about the money! From that point many years of wasted and fruitless effort occurred. You quote Peter Lindemann. Well he and another serious researcher have also spent many years attempting to decipher the puzzle. The mistake everyone makes, including yourself, is the reliance upon statements and suspect evidence that has been given credibility over the years purely through the mysticism that has grown surrounding this "Monster" of a motor.

I believe John Bedini when he stated that he witnessed the 100hp motor, and subsequently provided sketch/drawings of the Cset. However, these drawings did not give the correct/total picture. There is no question that if you knew the method of energy production, that 100hp was just the tip of the iceberg. One other tantalising piece of information you might like to consider are the reports of visitors to the workshop. When this 100hp motor was running their hair was standing on end. Talk about bad hair day, that you might think would be enough to have production ceased! Now, here is the question for you to resolve. How much electrostatic voltage would that take? 100,000volts? 200,000volts. That would require a mighty big transformer do you think? Also, how large a voltage rating should the capacitors you say are so important to the energy mix be? One final observation for you is this, take a look at the concept of "Townsend Discharge". See if you can put that to good use with Gray: without extrapolating to unnecessary terms.

I shall be away for a few weeks so no more replies, and, anyway, this is not the thread for a discussion on Gray. But, if you think you are up to it, you should track down a series of documents produced by Mark McKay on the development of the Gray Motor. They might be in the Energeticforum archives. You might after reading and paying attention see that he has made quite an adventure story of discovery with his perseverance. It is a worth while exercise. Your comments, after that, could make a lot more sense rather than picking terms out of the air and trying to make them sound as if they should go together.

Happy reading

Cheers

Dwane

Comment

Hi Faraday88,
            Best you do not quote or requote and demonstrate that you know very little. I am sure that Peter lindemann has not stated the Gray Motor runs as you suggest!

Briefly, there is no "Tandem Amplification" as you call it with the Gray motor. The capacitors are there only to ignite a charge. NO BANG! In reality the Gray issue is a very simple physics issue. Unfortunately, for most attempting to analyse the Gray sequences is that Gray himself was an electronics dunce. Marvin Cole was the orignal brains, and he took the conceptual brief for his design from someone else. The only reason Gray issued a patent, I am led to believe, was that after Marvin Cole disappeared, he needed something tangible to show investors - also, he needed more money. Gray put together some of the circuit design concepts used by Cole that he could remember and tried to make it all sound so believable. It was all about the money! From that point many years of wasted and fruitless effort occurred. You quote Peter Lindemann. Well he and another serious researcher have also spent many years attempting to decipher the puzzle. The mistake everyone makes, including yourself, is the reliance upon statements and suspect evidence that has been given credibility over the years purely through the mysticism that has grown surrounding this "Monster" of a motor.

I believe John Bedini when he stated that he witnessed the 100hp motor, and subsequently provided sketch/drawings of the Cset. However, these drawings did not give the correct/total picture. There is no question that if you knew the method of energy production, that 100hp was just the tip of the iceberg. One other tantalising piece of information you might like to consider are the reports of visitors to the workshop. When this 100hp motor was running their hair was standing on end. Talk about bad hair day, that you might think would be enough to have production ceased! Now, here is the question for you to resolve. How much electrostatic voltage would that take? 100,000volts? 200,000volts. That would require a mighty big transformer do you think? Also, how large a voltage rating should the capacitors you say are so important to the energy mix be? One final observation for you is this, take a look at the concept of "Townsend Discharge". See if you can put that to good use with Gray: without extrapolating to unnecessary terms.

I shall be away for a few weeks so no more replies, and, anyway, this is not the thread for a discussion on Gray. But, if you think you are up to it, you should track down a series of documents produced by Mark McKay on the development of the Gray Motor. They might be in the Energeticforum archives. You might after reading and paying attention see that he has made quite an adventure story of discovery with his perseverance. It is a worth while exercise. Your comments, after that, could make a lot more sense rather than picking terms out of the air and trying to make them sound as if they should go together.

Happy reading

Cheers

Dwane
            Hi Dwane,
            Its as simple as you miss Mr. Aviso Ismael of Philippines in your long paragraph of rants for me...! explain to me what he(Aviso) is doing if you are so confident that i use redundant terms.. none in this form have even mentioned of linking Aviso's replication to E.V Gary's Effect..(not even Mark Mc-kcay...by the way there is something that i too have pointed to Mark on the CSET, just search for the thread on E.V Gary in this form you shall know if you are interested)
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.

Comment

Hey guys, can we please stay on topic? Otherwise open another thread.

Thanks...

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                Hey guys, can we please stay on topic? Otherwise open another thread.

Thanks...

John K.
                Hi John,
                My sincere apologies....shall abide your suggestion
                Best Regards,
                Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Faraday88

I can't answer any of your PMs to me when your inbox is too full. It says you need to dump some of your emails...cheers...
                  Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

Comment

John_Koorn
                    I built the Ron Cole's Bipolar Switch some years ago. I would like to build it again, with your modifications.

One of the key things, it to have fat wire, for the capacitors to charge, and discharge through. I think a circuit board for this project could improve the performance of this switch, since solid connected fat conductors that are short as possible, help to give the sharp switching transients.

I have noticed that lots of experimenters like to make circuit boards for their projects, rather than, soldering everything together as point to point connections.

I can design a circuit board for the Ron Cole's Bipolar Switch and then post it on this thread, this will make it easier to make the Ron Cole's Bipolar Switch.

Who would like me to design a circuit board, for this. I have also designed a circuit board for the "Tri-Symmetrical 3 battery Tesla Switch" http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...ost22409:cool:

Most
                    Kindest
                    Regards
                    Nityesh Schnaderbeck

Comment

Hi Nityesh, I have just recently designed a circuit board but have not yet had a chance to make it. It includes your suggestions about fat wires - there are very thick traces on the board.

John K.

Comment

John_Koorn Well done about designing the circuit board.

On another subject that is common to Ron Cole's Bipolar Switch, The Tri-symmetrical 3 battery Tesla Switch and the 4 battery Bedini Tesla Switch. Is they all have timing circuits, the more accurate your timing circuit, the better.

I think it is a worth while project, to make a high quality quartz crystal locked timing circuit. A micro controller like an Arduino, a Pic micro (PIC16F690) or a stamp.

The free energy experts say again and again, the timing is critical.

We can make something almost like a universal timing circuit, for different switches. And we can program in dead zones at fixed time delays(That doesn't vary with frequency), to prevent switching overlaps. I'm sure someone has done this already. I know that you have to switch from one switching position to another, as fast as possible. But the transistors take time to turn on and turn off, and this can cause switching overlaps. So a small time delay is necessary, to give one set of transistors time to turn off, and the other set to turn on. If the magic happens at first turn on then, it is critical get the switching right, to start the energy wave. Once the energy wave is started you can surf the energy wave with super accurate Xtal locked timing circuits.

In my Tri-symmetrical 3 battery Tesla Switch experiment, the indicator LEDs, were very dim if I had no dead zone. With a small dead zone, the LEDs became brighter, when I Increased the frequency the LEDs, would shine very bright. The circuit I was using, the Dead Zone changed with frequency. I realize now I have to go to Xtal locked timing, especially to time the dead zone.

Most
                        Kindest
                        regards
                        Nityesh Schnaderbeck
                        Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 12-13-2015, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Nityesh,
                          I have not worked on this circuit but I saw your comment about using an aurduino and I thought I would share what I know. It would be very easy to adjust your timing down to micro-seconds. I have done this on a single pole switch arrangement driving a FET directly from the micro controller signal. The FET I used used so little current on the gate that no external supply is required, just the aurduino 5v rail. To control two switches you would simply add the code for another output pin and add a third pin in the middle which would not need to be connected to anything, just a time function between the other two in a loop.

Here is an example of a single throw setup I worked on.
                          http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=1860

Comment

Bob,

looking forward to replicating your arduino driver at some point.! I bought an arduino uno kit online a while ago, I was asked to design a golf ball dispenser, but they ended up buying a couple of commercial models...... so now I have an arduino and a fet driver board to play with!!

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

nityesh,

most commercial chargers run using a pic that I have seen, they can be very robust. depending upon the chip you use. here is an article on the different chips and clock speeds

http://www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/osc.htm

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Bob,

looking forward to replicating your arduino driver at some point.! I bought an arduino uno kit online a while ago, I was asked to design a golf ball dispenser, but they ended up buying a couple of commercial models...... so now I have an arduino and a fet driver board to play with!!

Tom C
                                You will be very pleased with the results Tom. I love that charger from that other thread. If your talking about the little green fet board, watch out using that one in this application because the diode is in a different position. That board was originally meant as a cap dumper so the "cap" and "batt" outputs are parallel with the diode in the middle to prevent the battery side from sloshing back and fourth with the cap. It could be modified easily but just keep that in mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X