X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks RS,

That's good to know!

Originally posted by RS_ View Post
    Yes, both of these circuits will charge the battery's while running a very small load....., with small SLA's and a small auto tail light for the DC Load....... on the TS I tried every size tail light bulb i had handy, (Lots!!) only the one bulb size worked with that size battery.... did not work with bigger SLA's and no other size or type of load (DC Motor's, SG's, etc....)
    The RC bipolar switch had a different size bulb it liked, but was not as bad, as couple of sizes worked

don't remember the freq i ran them at that worked, but i tested them over a very wide range......

I used the same set of my 4 opto PCB's for both of these TS and RC-BP builds. and now all the caps and batterys were used else where for other projects.

The set of PCB's for that project are here in a draw some place
    And I discovered that I made a bad assumption in my previous post about the output from the bipolar switch! The LEDs were indeed rectifying the output. The entire wave form was at a lower voltage than the battery positive. But when I replace the LED panel with an incadessant bulb, part of the wave form is now above the battery positive indicating some charging effect. And the wave form has more total voltage!

I was clipping the wave and killing any charge back into the battery. Now I need to find the correct resistance to center the wave form on the battery positive voltage. I'm kind of a slow learner. LOL
    Last edited by Gary Hammond; 09-28-2015, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Hi John,

Sure! in fact i'm in process of aggregating all of the topology on the Tesla switch based on what I call as the OCTRANT ('8') representation of Radiant Electricity, similar to Eric's 4 quadrant interpretation. this would give us a clear picture of what is happening in each and how they all are co-related.
      shall share the findings once ready.
      best regards,
      Faraday88.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
        Hi Gary,

Yes, RL is "resistive load". The bulb I'm using is good as I can see the effects pretty quickly.

I'd really recommend using a scope (doesn't have to be fancy) so you can ensure the circuit is switching properly. Run it at low frequency first until you're satisfied it's working correctly.

Test the output of the 555 timer, then make sure the optos are working right, then the transistors after the optos. After you're satisfied, scope the RL and you should see an AC square wave.

Your tuning is the 555 frequency (the resistor between pins 2 & 7 and the capacitor between pins 1 & 2) and the 10k pot as shown in the diagram.

5 gold stars to who can tell me what that does

John K.
        Hi John,
        My Guess is on the duty cycle which has to be high i.e high ON time and Low OFF time... This in combination with the Double Inversion after the pin 3 of the 555 is the key..
        We are simulating Magneto electric wave (Sine wave ) across the Load.
        Rgds,
        Faraday88

Comment

Good to see a fair bit of activity on this thread ��

Rather than attempt to quote posts I'll just make it up as I go along.

@Gary, better to be a slow learner than no learner at all! So, you obviously figured out that like the TS the current goes both ways. Like I said, it's square wave AC we are playing with. The caps charge in parallel through the load and then they discharge is series through the same load.

@RS_, sounds like you got some pretty good results with your build. Way to go!

@Faraday88, yes you get the stars! In my build the 10k pot is used to adjust the duty cycle which tends to wander when you adjust the 555 frequency. And yes, you need more time to charge the caps than to discharge them. I'm looking forward to your findings, but to be honest mate the stuff about OCTRANTS is mumbo jumbo to me.
          No disprepect intended but can you just post your MOSFET version of the circuit? If you post it I will build it ��

ok, so my theory on the circuit is pretty simple. You charge the caps in parallel to the battery voltage minus the voltage drop of the load and then you discharge the caps in series through the load at around double the battery voltage.
          Any normal person would look at it and say you're just putting the same energy back into the battery minus load and the switching losses and therefore over time you will lose and the battery will die. I get that.

But there is more to it than that. Back later.

John K.

Comment

Good to see a fair bit of activity on this thread ��

Rather than attempt to quote posts I'll just make it up as I go along.

@Gary, better to be a slow learner than no learner at all! So, you obviously figured out that like the TS the current goes both ways. Like I said, it's square wave AC we are playing with. The caps charge in parallel through the load and then they discharge is series through the same load.

@RS_, sounds like you got some pretty good results with your build. Way to go!

@Faraday88, yes you get the stars! In my build the 10k pot is used to adjust the duty cycle which tends to wander when you adjust the 555 frequency. And yes, you need more time to charge the caps than to discharge them. I'm looking forward to your findings, but to be honest mate the stuff about OCTRANTS is mumbo jumbo to me.
            No disprepect intended but can you just post your MOSFET version of the circuit? If you post it I will build it ��

ok, so my theory on the circuit is pretty simple. You charge the caps in parallel to the battery voltage minus the voltage drop of the load and then you discharge the caps in series through the load at around double the battery voltage.
            Any normal person would look at it and say you're just putting the same energy back into the battery minus load and the switching losses and therefore over time you will lose and the battery will die. I get that.

But there is more to it than that. Back later.

John K.
            Hi John,

Thanks again for your appreciations, while i also appreciate your approach on being more practical and not interested in the Mombo jombo part (Theory), I look at it this way,I do not proceed until i understand the beauty of the process/ Phenomenon under study. as i also said in my early post that there are more potential iterations of this circuit.
            but what you pointed out is the key. While i insist that MOSFETS were not around when Ron originally built the circuit, i do'nt see why this cannot be used, at least the POWER SWITCH part of the circuit. again the hard part would be to use a P-Channel MOSFET (counter part of PNP in BJTs).
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
              Hi John,

Thanks again for your appreciations, while i also appreciate your approach on being more practical and not interested in the Mombo jombo part (Theory), I look at it this way,I do not proceed until i understand the beauty of the process/ Phenomenon under study. as i also said in my early post that there are more potential iterations of this circuit.
              but what you pointed out is the key. While i insist that MOSFETS were not around when Ron originally built the circuit, i do'nt see why this cannot be used, at least the POWER SWITCH part of the circuit. again the hard part would be to use a P-Channel MOSFET (counter part of PNP in BJTs).
              Rgds,
              Faraday88.
              Hi John,

Here is how it can be made: Modify the circuit : the Charge circuit remains the same (R C B S), however the Discharge circuit can be replaced by a MOSFET device.
              the corresponding drive circuit being the Bedini Inverted circuit comprising of H11D1, BD243C, ect. and ofcousre the Oscillator/ Duty cycle circuit as per the criterion LONG ON SHORT OFF and the double Inversion out put stage.
              Rgds,
              Faraday88.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
                Hi RS,

When you say they work, do you mean that you got them to keep the batteries charged?
                Hi Gary,

what it really means is that you can swap the Batteries (input /out put) all while you keep the load running...it would do that over extended periods of time. if you tinker with the iterations I guess the extended periods are sky limit..with periodic switching/ Change over done.
                An Interesting aspect of the load driven by the various iterations is that you can tune a heat dissipative load to give more HEAT and less LIGHT or vice-versa.
                More TORQUE less SPEED and Vice versa in case you wish to run a motive device(motor). having said that a part of the circuit isolated would give you BOTH FROM THE SAME BATTERY!!!! just imagine what that implies from the Free Energy stand point.
                Rgds,
                Faraday88.
                Last edited by Faraday88; 09-29-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Hi John,

Rgds,
                  Faraday88.
                  Hi Faraday88,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't imply that I wasn't interested in the theory it's just I'm a guy that learns better from experimentation - build it first and then study why it does what it does. There's nothing wrong with your approach either.
                  I don't see why you couldn't use MOSFETs either in this circuit. It's getting them to work properly that's the challenge.

John K.

Comment

Hi John,

Here is how it can be made: Modify the circuit : the Charge circuit remains the same (R C B S), however the Discharge circuit can be replaced by a MOSFET device.
                    the corresponding drive circuit being the Bedini Inverted circuit comprising of H11D1, BD243C, ect. and ofcousre the Oscillator/ Duty cycle circuit as per the criterion LONG ON SHORT OFF and the double Inversion out put stage.
                    Rgds,
                    Faraday88.
                    Hi Faraday88, thanks. I'll give that a try.

John K.

Comment

Hi Faraday88,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't imply that I wasn't interested in the theory it's just I'm a guy that learns better from experimentation - build it first and then study why it does what it does. There's nothing wrong with your approach either.
                      I don't see why you couldn't use MOSFETs either in this circuit. It's getting them to work properly that's the challenge.

John K.
                      Hi John ,
                      I strongly stand by you in your approach after all One experiment can lay down every theory!
                      Rgds,
                      Faraday88.
                      Last edited by Faraday88; 10-01-2015, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Hi John,

Rgds,
                        Faraday88.
                        Hi Faraday,
                        thanks for adding to this discussion, I always find many of your insights help me to see/think of things I would not have otherwise. Can you point me to some iterations of this circuit you think would have more potential?
                        Thanks - kind regards
                        Patrick A.

Comment

I have built a prototype of the circuit and have it running, however I am still tuning it.

I built it the same as the above circuit, the only exceptions being:

-: Replaced 10V zener diode with LM7812
                          -: Repalced 2N4919 with MJE2955T
                          -: Replaced MJ15022 with MJL21193G
                          -: Replaced MJ15003 with MJL21194G
                          -: Replaced 2N6306 with MJL21194G
                          -: Replaced 4N26 with H11D1

All other components are as listed. Currently I'm using a 12V 50W halogen bulb as the RL.

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone else who has replicated this circuit.

John K.
                          I have not built the 555 timer version of this ckt, my flip flop inverter behaves similarly. I'll have to scope it out again it's been a while. it did not isolate either the battery or the load so no comparison just food for thought...
                          thanks for starting this thread.
                          Kind regards,
                          Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                            Hi Faraday,
                            thanks for adding to this discussion, I always find many of your insights help me to see/think of things I would not have otherwise. Can you point me to some iterations of this circuit you think would have more potential?
                            Thanks - kind regards
                            Patrick A.
                            Hi Patrick,
                            Thanks to you too, Sure I have promised to John K as well that i would share my findings,also the other iterations would power a load at the same time charge your receive battery.i shall share once i replicate and have things ready for the forum.. i'm in the process of aggregating a common understanding to rig up a given iteration to cater a particular use.
                            Rgds,
                            Faraday88.

Comment

Hi John,

What about the Switching Frequency? same as what Ron used..?? Why are'nt we using MOSFETS here??
                              with My understanding, there are certain Operational parameters which also have to changed in making this rig up work to it full potential
                              this is very similar to the Latest Teslagenx Large Comparator unit in one of its iteration of usage.

Rgds,
                              Faraday88.
                              Hi John,
                              After some tinkering i realize that you were correct up close..!!! it is indeed JBs 3 battery version of the Tesla Switch, However there is one hidden aspect about the rig up, i shall experimentally verify before i can call it EUREKA!!!!
                              Rgds,
                              Faraday88.

Comment

History

Hi John,

While i insist that MOSFETS were not around when Ron originally built the circuit, i do'nt see why this cannot be used, at least the POWER SWITCH part of the circuit. again the hard part would be to use a P-Channel MOSFET (counter part of PNP in BJTs).
                                Rgds,
                                Faraday88.
                                Hi Faraday,
                                I remember FET's from the sixties. Mosfets were around in the seventies as were IGBT's. Ron cole, being the wizz kid that he was, may have chosen not to use these due to their suseptibility at the gate junction to electrostatic charges. Also, one of the reasons why they can be hard to handle in Radiant circuitry such as the TS, which effectively produces a longitudinal wave. Therefore, mosfets start behaving badly when the switching starts to approach success.

Cheers

Dwane

Comment

Working...
                                X