Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flux View Post
    Hi D

Your design looks great, if possible I would like a copy of the .dxf file also.
    Just wondering how your progressing, and Tom I'm also interested in your ply rotor, how is it going.Can someone tell me if the original kit circuit wiring diagram works with
    the super pole configuration or is there a better circuit available.
    Merry Christmas and a special to thanks to JB and all the moderators.
    Cheers,
    Flux
    I have not had any apple ply ones made yet, no one responded. my cnc guy can do wood or plexi. so if there is interest I can take D's DXF file and have a batch run. just need some interest and the file then I can send it to my guy and he can give us pricing. I don't have a 10 coil so I personally don't need them, but I am happy to do this for everyone.

tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
      D's design replaces the kit 3/4" aluminum rotor and neo magnets with two 3/4" plexiglass rotors plus a 1/2" spacer for a total width of 2" - to march the length of ferrite magnets that are 2" x 1" x 1/2".

You would be able to put two magnets facing each other for superpoles, or one or two of those magnets with N poles facing the coils.

What is not designed yet is the replacement for the "U" shaped plexiglass spacers that bolt the two frame plates together. The opening in each U for the aluminum rotor is too narrow for a rotor with a total thickness of 2".
      Monty, you don't need the u shaped spacers. I took them out with this rotor and there are no problems. The rectangular block shaped spacers at the bottom are all you need.

John K.
      Attached Files

Comment

John,

I suspected those additional spacers were overkill, tks. for advice, wondering if it had anything to do do with the high RPM range Rick was contemplating running the 10 Coiler at... are you running your 10 coiler? results?

D./

Comment

Flux,

Sure, attached is the pdf. and the dxf output. Note i am using 3/4" material, trying to keep the cost in check. 2" material is double the cost.

I haven't had much time to continue with the spacers yet, likely going to be next week. Also need to wind the coils with 18 gauge. Has anyone on the thread used the attraction method and tested results?

D./
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 888spo View Post
            John,

I suspected those additional spacers were overkill, tks. for advice, wondering if it had anything to do do with the high RPM range Rick was contemplating running the 10 Coiler at... are you running your 10 coiler? results?

D./
            Hey D./,

I'm running mine at around 600 RPM. I'm getting pretty good results at 12v front and back, although if I had better batteries the results would be much better.

I have not run the 10 coiler in attraction mode - too difficult to re-wire, re-wind or flip magnets. I have however run my bike wheel super pole setup in attraction mode (re-wound the coil). The machine was definitely more efficient, but charging was slower in comparison to repulsion mode. Note that it was just a quick test and I did not spend a lot of time re-tuning or enough load cycles to conclusively say which mode is better or worse.

John K.

Comment

Hi D./
              Thanks, great job. John did you fabricate the lexon rotor yourself and are you using the original 10 pole kit circuit wiring diagram.
              Cheers,
              Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                Hi D./
                Thanks, great job. John did you fabricate the lexon rotor yourself and are you using the original 10 pole kit circuit wiring diagram.
                Cheers,
                Flux
                Hey Flux,

The rotor is one piece aluminum that a friend of mine made up to try. It has 20 super north poles.

Yes I am using the original circuit boards that came with the 10 pole kit.

John K.

Comment

Working...
                X