* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pastor Gordon's First try at Bedini Energizer

Quote Originally Posted by Branch Gordon View Post
    I started off with motorcycle batteries. They are fine for getting the machine running and learning the basics. As long as you can open them up.
    So something like THIS would work out ok for my setup?
    “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.”

Quote Originally Posted by guyzzemf View Post
    Pastor Gordon
    something like this will serve you will as you will put 100 of hr. on the ssg .spintime [how long wheel will spin by hand /no coil drag]
    spintime directly effects COP the rim has roller bearings 4 me a mustAttachment 4734
    guy

http://www.amazon.com/Wheel-Master-F.../dp/B000AO5FEC
    i bought 1 good rim have it still 7=8 yr
    Yeah... One day I want to do something like that... but for now there's NO WAY my wife would go for a 2 foot tall bicycle wheel standing in our room lol. I WANT to do it... but hey, Happy Wife, Happy Life!

We currently are renting a single room in a family members house... so all we have is this one room... Whenever we are able to get our own place again Ill have more space to work with. But for now, I gotta go small as possible...

Hi Pastor Gordon , Your welcome! Those NIMH batteries might be fine to charge. Probably you will need a larger run pack with the circuit you got. 12 volt is really where the circuit is supposed to run but some folks run them lower. I actually run mine at about 22 volts most of the time but at that voltage you can't make any mistakes with connections or using badly sulphated batteries on the charge side.

You should change the core material and probably use larger magnets. How much current are you running at? It may be that you are not using enough. You want just enough but not to much. That is vague but every build requires a little different tuning because of the build differences from one to the next. You should be able to push those AA batteries up easily. It may be that your input is to low because of the small input battery size. Does it run much better with the wall wart?

al

Quote Originally Posted by Allen R. View Post
    Hi Pastor Gordon , Your welcome! Those NIMH batteries might be fine to charge. Probably you will need a larger run pack with the circuit you got. 12 volt is really where the circuit is supposed to run but some folks run them lower. I actually run mine at about 22 volts most of the time but at that voltage you can't make any mistakes with connections or using badly sulphated batteries on the charge side.

You should change the core material and probably use larger magnets. How much current are you running at? It may be that you are not using enough. You want just enough but not to much. That is vague but every build requires a little different tuning because of the build differences from one to the next. You should be able to push those AA batteries up easily. It may be that your input is to low because of the small input battery size. Does it run much better with the wall wart?

al
    Yeah, I believe I'm going to be buying some welding rods pretty soon... and Ill try using larger magnets... ones that will pass over the entire width of the coil. But to answer your question, When I use the 4 AA batteries for input, and for charge, I'm only getting about 3.5 volts coming out to the charge battery, while a full 5.3 volts is powering the circuit. The charge batteries do fully charge with only a small decrease in input battery voltage, so that part seems to be working just fine... It just seems to me that to charge 4.8v worth of batteries it would require more than 4.8 volts of power to charge them. (which is what started me looking into how to do a cap dump)

But to be honest, I do not know how to measure how much power in mAh (or Amps for that matter) and actual volts are actually being used... I don't know how to hook the meter up correctly. I try different putting my probes on different connections, but m not sure which ones to read from. If I put the meter on it a certain way it even shows that I'm running over 24volts!!! but I know that's not possible...

yes, it runs MUCH faster and better from the wall wart, however, after about 10 minutes or so it stops altogether... and in checking the wall wart, it no longer puts out what its supposed to put out... so yeah, its fried! (3 of them now lol)

Hey guys... is THIS the kind of welding rods I need???

Or would an R45 like THIS work??

If not, what is the exact AWS rating for the rods that are needed? I cant find R60 anywhere.... Or at least, if this is not it, is there anything at Lowe's or Home Depot that matches the specs???
    Last edited by Pastor Gordon; 09-13-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Hi Pastor,

Those 45's would work but you can get 5 pounds of R60 here for almost the same price, or 1 pound for 7 bucks.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#7972a194/=yxf22r

Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    Hi Pastor,

Those 45's would work but you can get 5 pounds of R60 here for almost the same price, or 1 pound for 7 bucks.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#7972a194/=yxf22r

SWEET!! Thank you! I've been hunting around the net and I haven't found those yet! And they are here in the US!!! Ill be placing an order soon.. for now Ive added them into my supplier list

Your welcome.

I forgot to mention that Tom has them available as well. I know you mentioned not having much budget so I didn't think of Teslagenx right away because I buy full coils with rods and holders from them, forgot you can get just rods too.

http://teslagenx.com/index.html
    Browse the whole site but you can find the Rods under kits/parts.

McMaster-Carr is a good place to keep on file for things though.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    Your welcome.

I forgot to mention that Tom has them available as well. I know you mentioned not having much budget so I didn't think of Teslagenx right away because I buy full coils with rods and holders from them, forgot you can get just rods too.

http://teslagenx.com/index.html
    Browse the whole site but you can find the Rods under kits/parts.

McMaster-Carr is a good place to keep on file for things though.
    Yes, I have checked out that site... way to pricey for me. I gotta take things a little at a time, and build from scratch to pinch by on the cash-flow...

On a more positive note though... My wife MAY be up to allowing me to put a bicycle wheel on the desk here, IF I can find a new home for my printer... I was showing her some of the original builds, and she was like, "That could fit right there..." Which tells me she is at least open to the idea of me doing it in our tightly cramped living quarters

Happy Wife, Happy Life right? lol

Today I found an old bike which had 21 inch wheels on it. I robbed the front wheel, removed the tire, tube and tube protector, cleaned everything up with my wire brush (attached to the drill) and painted it a nice, pretty green color.

I removed and cleaned out the bearings with carb cleaner and my air compressor. I also cleaned all the bolts and stuff that go on the wheel... Oiled it up a bit with WD-40, and am now waiting for the paint to thoroughly dry and cure before putting it all back together and start building a frame for it. I'm excited!!!

I ordered a pound of welding rods... and now just need to figure out how many magnets I need to ORDER.

I refuse to pay Radio Shack their high price for individual magnets! lol I found THESE Magnets, I think that's a good price... (Waiting to order)

I also found THESE transistors to use for my new build... (Waiting to order)

My wire-wound 1k Pots came in today...

So... its slowly, but surely coming together
    Until then, Ill just keep playing with my little wheel here... lol