Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe there is a thread on the magnet to coil distance somewhere?
    (I havent made myself at home here yet)

Anyway, I was recomended to have a 1/8'' distance, which I believe is 3.2mm,
    but I recently increased it to 6mm which seems to be better, not sure yet,
    at least the speed increased so I guess that is an improvement,
    I will probably try to increase it even more, just to see what happens.

/Hob

Comment

Originally posted by nilrehob View Post
      Maybe there is a thread on the magnet to coil distance somewhere?
      (I havent made myself at home here yet)

Anyway, I was recomended to have a 1/8'' distance, which I believe is 3.2mm,
      but I recently increased it to 6mm which seems to be better, not sure yet,
      at least the speed increased so I guess that is an improvement,
      I will probably try to increase it even more, just to see what happens.

/Hob
      you just hve to find the best distance for your machine,

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

STEWMAC.COM : Magnet Polarity Tester

could do the job as mag tester for $8.95

bro d
        Last edited by brodonh; 10-26-2012, 05:08 PM. Reason: dupe

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
          kit was not supposed to have neos,
          Tom C
          Hi all,

Why Rick Have sale the 10 coils with neo if is not supposed to have? many friends have the 10 coils with neo. Why on the 3 coils kit is neo? why on the kit windows B is neo? Rick does not a guy have a good result? or Rick was to fast for sale this system ?

Best regards,

MH

Comment

He did not listen to the master.... Always listen to JB!!

Tom C

Comment

Thanks Tom C,

A big lot of people have to change the magnets !....

MH

Comment

He did not listen to the master.... Always listen to JB!!

Tom C
                I don't think that is the case, of " not listening ", he spent how many hours with JB by then it should have been drummed into him, the problem I see is " knowing better ", not only him but countless others, and not only in this forum but many other forums as well !

" Build it like I said ! ! ! - JB ", what is so difficult ! after you understand it and it is working , then start changing, cause then if you fail you can go back to the original that worked, and then try something else !

If the guys that bought the kits are able to modify them to ceramics magnets they will have a wonderful build to carry on with !, just look at Woodys results !

Theunis
                Last edited by Prinsloo; 12-05-2012, 12:10 AM.
                Hey !
                WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !
                JUST THINK ABOUT IT . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Prinsloo View Post
                  I don't think that is the case, of " not listening ", he spent how many hours with JB by then it should have been drummed into him, the problem I see is " knowing better ", not only him but countless others, and not only in this forum but many other forums as well !

" Build it like I said ! ! ! - JB ", what is so difficult ! after you understand it and it is working , then start changing, cause then if you fail you can go back to the original that worked, and then try something else !

If the guys that bought the kits are able to modify them to ceramics magnets they will have a wonderful build to carry on with !, just look at Woodys results !

Theunis
                  You are right,instead people are happy that there somebody is who tell them what to do,they think they know it better.And than they are wondering why the machine is not given the results.JB is realy patient with the People.If this would be my machine i would have said long time ago to all which are not doing what i say 'kiss my ass'.

Comment

Hi forelle

We don't use language like that on this forum !, there's kids around !

But I get your drift !

Theunis
                    Hey !
                    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !
                    JUST THINK ABOUT IT . . .

Comment

I know this is an old thread... but can anyone shed some light on where to get the specific sized ceramic magnets for the SSG? The new beginners and intermediate handbooks say to use magnets that are sized at 1 inch x 2 inches x .5 inches. I cant find this exact size anywhere. Everyone have these 7\8 inch ones.

Help!
                      Last edited by Catrinisin; 05-06-2013, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Catrinisin View Post
                        I know this is an old thread... but can anyone shed some light on where to get the specific sized ceramic magnets for the SSG? The new beginners and intermediate handbooks say to use magnets that are sized at 1 inch x 2 inches x .5 inches. I cant find this exact size anywhere. Everyone have these 7\8 inch ones.

Help!
                        Indeed, and anyone know of a European retailer or perhaps a supplier for the magnets, spool, and iron welding rods??

Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
                          Indeed, and anyone know of a European retailer or perhaps a supplier for the magnets, spool, and iron welding rods??

Thomas
                          Thomas,

We have magnets, rbike rims, mounting supplies, complete coils, empty spools, welding rod, circuit boards and components send us an email at sales@teslagenx.com with exactly what you need. We ship all over the world.

Tom C

Comment

not everything we have is on the website yet, including the DVD's which we can now distribute. but we have stock of most everything you need plus some other cool stuff.

Tom C

Comment

Thomas,

We have magnets, rbike rims, mounting supplies, complete coils, empty spools, welding rod, circuit boards and components send us an email at sales@teslagenx.com with exactly what you need. We ship all over the world.

Tom C
                              Shipping/handling for $62.00 to Norway. I will see if I can find something more local first.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
                                Shipping/handling for $62.00 to Norway. I will see if I can find something more local first.
                                Hello brother, Norwegian here too
                                I bought my magnets here: FE-Q-40-20-10: Block magnet 40 x 20 x 10 mm (Ferrite magnets) - supermagnete. Don't remember exactly what I paid for the shipping, but it wasn't that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X