X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrentA929 View Post
    RS,

Thanks! That makes sense...

I am going to modify my board to be able to switch easily between the two options. Do you see any benefit doing it one way over the other?

Also, can you explain why JB is using such a large cap (60,000uF) in his most recent video on garden batteries and a 16,000uF cap on the Ferris Wheel?

Thanks, Brent

Hi Brent

What board are you using and where did you get the schematics?

You Guys are talking about information that I don't see on this thread,

please show me to a link or something. Re John B comparator circuit etc.

Thanks

Theunis
    Hey !
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !
    JUST THINK ABOUT IT . . .

Comment

Thenuis,

Here is JB's Comparator circuit the way he showed it at the 2011 conference (except for the 15V zener on the base of the Mosfets to protect the gates), this will run from a larger energizer like the Ferris Wheel, or the 7 strand SSG JB shows in the video in this thread, but pulls too much current to run from smaller energizers, so i modified it a bit, and use a micro power Comparator so that smaller energizers can power it, and still fill up a capture Cap to the target V in a short time
      add a 100uf cap from the 15V zener point to ground, as i missed that. R35 is a 100K pot
      i will re draw that Sch and include the missing cap

JB,

if what i have shown in this Schematic is not correct, than please tell me what to correct......
      Attached Files
      Last edited by RS_; 11-14-2012, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Ignore the above Sch, it is missing things

Thenuis,

Here is JB's Comparator circuit the way he showed it at the 2011 conference (except for the 15V zener on the base of the Mosfets to protect the gates), this will run from a larger energizer like the Ferris Wheel, or the 7 strand SSG JB shows in the video in this thread, but pulls too much current to run from smaller energizers, so i modified it a bit, and use a micro power Comparator so that smaller energizers can power it, and still fill up a capture Cap to the target V in a short time

JB,

if what I have shown in this Schematic is not correct, than please tell me what to correct......
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks RS_

Do you have a clearer schematic maybe, can barely make out the component values, it is cutting of on the left side over the neons.

1. What components need to change to make this work on a 12v secondary battery system?
          2. If the secondary reaches it max volts, and JB's Comparator does not charge the secondary any more where does the Caps energy go?

Really much appreciated.

Theunis
          Last edited by Prinsloo; 11-14-2012, 11:53 AM.
          Hey !
          WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !

Comment

That is a close up of a sch that includes the Bedini -Cole 1/2 H bridge Driver circuit that is not relevant here, so ignore the neon's on this Sch. Its showing the FWBR input to the Comparator Cap pulser circuit

Comment

Sorry missed your previous post

Rs thanks again

Sorry missed your previous post, re: clearer schematic will do with this then.

(had to take my glasses off now everything look the same, FUZZY !)

1. 15v zenner over the mosfets bases, 1 watt?
              2. what mosfets would you recommend?
              3. bases resistors 220 ohm?

Thanks

Theunis
              Hey !

Comment

check your Private messages

Comment

Thanks RS, did PM you back.

Thanks
                  Hey !

Comment

Originally posted by BrentA929 View Post
                    RS,

Thanks! That makes sense...

I am going to modify my board to be able to switch easily between the two options. Do you see any benefit doing it one way over the other?

Also, can you explain why JB is using such a large cap (60,000uF) in his most recent video on garden batteries and a 16,000uF cap on the Ferris Wheel?

Thanks, Brent
                    Brent, without trying to sound like a smarty pants the answer is "because he can". Think about this and also think about difference in potential (voltage) and impedance (resistance). Perhaps you should experiment with adding some capacitors and see what happens.

John K.

Comment

@Brent

The post you are looking for that JB mentioned regarding pulsing at "twice the battery voltage" is the #7 post in this thread, he is talking about back popping the primary.

"The two batteries are split in the circuit to make it easy to tune. If you want to just use one battery you must use capacitor discharge at double the battery voltage and the motor section must be in the off position when the discharge occurs."

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be....html#post2814

Hope this helps !

Theunis
                      Last edited by Prinsloo; 11-15-2012, 01:26 AM.
                      Hey !

Comment

Capacitor Discharge

RS,

I would have to agree with you!

Originally posted by RS_ View Post
                        Brent,

I Really Really Like JB's comparator circuit, as it is self regulating, and self powered, and triggers when the cap gets to the target voltage. So that if the input to the cap changes for what ever reason, the pulsing ether gets faster or slower to compensate, and it always triggers at the target voltage

a 555 timer cant adjust to varying input to the cap, so that it pulses at different voltages above or below the target voltage, and has to have external power

Theunis,

I have created my board with PCBExpress and have tried to duplicate the comparator circuit that was shown at the 2011 conference. I posted my schematic back on post #39. After seeing the most recent video that JB has shown here with the comparator circuit, I decided to revisit the performance of my circuit.

Hope that helps!

Originally posted by Prinsloo View Post
                        Hi Brent

What board are you using and where did you get the schematics?

You Guys are talking about information that I don't see on this thread,

please show me to a link or something. Re John B comparator circuit etc.

Thanks

Theunis

John K,

I hear ya, no worries!

I realize I have some testing to do, I'm just trying to wrap my head around it!

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                        Brent, without trying to sound like a smarty pants the answer is "because he can". Think about this and also think about difference in potential (voltage) and impedance (resistance). Perhaps you should experiment with adding some capacitors and see what happens.

John K.

Theunis,

You are absolutely right! Double the battery voltage is ideal...

So, on a 12V battery. Does that mean 24V (when the battery is dead) or does it mean 31V (double the termination voltage)? I got some testing to do!

@Brent

The post you are looking for that JB mentioned regarding pulsing at "twice the battery voltage" is the #7 post in this thread, he is talking about back popping the primary.

"The two batteries are split in the circuit to make it easy to tune. If you want to just use one battery you must use capacitor discharge at double the battery voltage and the motor section must be in the off position when the discharge occurs."

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be....html#post2814

Hope this helps !

Theunis

Many Thanks, Brent

Comment

@ Lesk

Would you be willing to share some TOP-SECRET information re: your 6SG.

1. Rotor diameter?
                          2. Magnet spacing on your rotor, 2 or 2½ magnets spaces or more between the magnets?
                          3. How many power wires per coil or transistor per coil?
                          4. Wire length per coil?
                          5. Wire gauge?
                          6. Base resistance?
                          7. Trigger resistance?
                          8. Coil/core to magnet spacing/distance?

I have a ¼ built 8SG, and replaced the trigger and base resistors with the values JB recommend on a earlier post for the Bike wheel SG, it made quite a difference. Even more things to test and learn now.

LesK - Sorry for asking your pedigree here, but more information can help us make better decisions !

Thanks

Theunis
                          Hey !

Comment

@ Brent

Can you tell me where "most recent video that JB has shown here with the comparator circuit," I can get the link to this video.

Thanks

Theunis
                            Hey !

Comment

Video

Theunis,

It was back on post #8

Brent

@ Brent

Can you tell me where "most recent video that JB has shown here with the comparator circuit," I can get the link to this video.

Thanks

Theunis

Comment

Thanks Brent

Got the vid.

Theunis
                                Hey !

Comment

Working...
                                X