* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Maximum coil size?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    with big batteries you can use upwards of 1 farad worth of caps, but you have to understand that you want the cap to dump fast enough to produce ion movement, and not so slowly that the electrons move. so how to get the cap dump to match the spike speed? commutators do it, but what else?

Tom C
    I would use paralleled Mosfets (4-6) with very low DSR's and paralleled capacitors for the bank - same reason, lower ESR. Such bank should work better than single large cap.
    In my Magnetic Pulser I'm pulsing >100A from >80,000uF into inductive load using just 2 Mosfets. They are cold, no waste but wrong Mosfet will make a hell of a difference with such currents.
    Just my 2 cents.

Vtech

Quote Originally Posted by BroMikey View Post
    Thanks Vtech

I did the Beck one with an old Vivitar flash (no work at all) but when I looked around the web I see all these one ones with caps mounted on a board, large banks and I thought how difficult this must be to keep all of that current in such a short duration from welding the trannie junction together.

Also I was thinking it might be bad to have to much hitting your body, more is not always better right? I don't really know.

I have some 50 amp mosfets they cost about $15 each but I think you are saying use 6 smaller ones?

DSR ratings and ESR ratings, you know i can't think what this means right now. I looked around and found very little about what the basic idea holds. Vtech you have been studying this stuff and probably can get me a more well rounded explanation.

I can't even find a definition of ESR and DSR. I know they are simple specs.

Mike Rowland
    Hello Mike,

My apologies for using shortcuts. ESR stands for Equivalent Series Resistance in the capacitor. While it isn't really important in majority applications it can make a huge difference when we expect to charge/discharge with considerable current and short amount of time. Like any internal resistance it will impede a current flow at cost of J/s or Watts. High ESR capacitor working in high power bank will have current running in tens of Amperes. This may cause swelling, overheating and drastically shorting its life. Paralleling capacitors in regards to internal resistance has similar effect to paralleling resistors > it will result it total ESR lower. Tricky part is to have all capacitors with similar (ideally identical) ESR so they all have same working environment. This is similar to matching transistors in multifilar circuit.
    In MP based on flash lion share of pulse is dissipated (wasted) in the flash bulb. Without the bulb the only resistance (impedance) being "seen" by the switch - Mosfet is its own, internal DSR (Drain-Source Resistance) and slightly over 1 Ohm represented by the coil. This internal resistance at >100-150A pulses could be a matter of large heatsink required to dissipate wasted energy or bare mosfet running ice cold. We always prefer to conserve, not waste.
    Paralleling mosfets is also similar to capacitors or resistors - lowering combined DSR and they should also be matched (same type is usually good enough) and increasing capability of such switch to handle more power. Instead of using $20 single mosfet we can get same or better results using 4 mosfets at $2 each.
    Mosfet is a switch, almost as good as commutator. The trick is to "push" it's gate just hard enough to open or close. There are chips - drivers designed just for that. The one I used has two outputs and can trigger two mosfets at the same time.
    One more important variable is the required timing. Capacitor can be discharged almost completely or just partially, depending on it's capacity and the length of pulse. In my MP I set the timer at 2.5ms.

Regards
    Vtech

You're very welcome Mike, anytime. TC4420 is very decent driver and a good choice.
    I forgot to address your other question regarding the pulse strength in Magnetic Pulser. The whole idea behind magnetic healing technology is to induce a microcurrent in body tissue. About 50-100uA is sufficient. Field strength will diminish quite a bit when we measure at 1/4 - 1/2" distance from the coil surface and will be much less at 2-3" depth. I don't want to hijack this thread but if you're interested in this subject I wrote some in Bob Beck. The way I tested was with "simulated" human tissue and measuring current flow. Once I got 50uA at 3" depth I knew it should be efficient.
    There are other application of magnetic field of much lesser intensity but aimed to target resonant frequencies of our organs. As you said - stronger isn't necessary better but certain level has to be maintained in order to work.

Regards
    Vtech

Quote Originally Posted by blackchisel97 View Post
    I would use paralleled Mosfets (4-6) with very low DSR's and paralleled capacitors for the bank - same reason, lower ESR. Such bank should work better than single large cap.
    In my Magnetic Pulser I'm pulsing >100A from >80,000uF into inductive load using just 2 Mosfets. They are cold, no waste but wrong Mosfet will make a hell of a difference with such currents.
    Just my 2 cents.

Vtech

you da man Vtech ifrp260!!

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

1- dump at 2x battery voltage
    2- do not dump to below what you want fully charged battery voltage to be
    3- tall skinny caps
    3- small cap dump 15000 uf minimum size for single tractor battery
    4- large dump 4 15000 uf minimum size for larger banks
    5- lowest esr caps yoy can find
    6- faster cap is better
    7- parallel your FETS so they run cold-that means you have to MATCH them! 2 per capacitor is good.
    8- look for fets that have hi gain when you match so they go WIDE open and match them at their max gate reference i.e. what the gate says it can handle. fets are like mjl's they are all not the same.
    9- big wires in and out, make your traces huge on your circuit boards
    10- solid connections everywhere, no alligator clip garbage.
    11- single sided boards only, radiant travels thru the board to the other side, its like parallel wires in RF they cross conduct if not shielded right, same with circuit boards.
    12- use ON Semi or other branded FET crappy no name fets are just that.... crap!!

Tom C

mikey,

I ran the numbers in mathcad, and the 0.0159ohm is correct..... this gets you down into the ball park of the larger battery's, even if it is not all the way down there............ and when you have 2 to 4 GC's in series they add in resistance, so their resistance is higher than with just one battery....... so it's a even closer match.......

sorry i did not have that last answer quite right.......

for small systems cap dump is the way to go, for large ones, really large ones not necessary. but I don't know anyone with a really large one. Tom C

uh mike, you think waaay to much anyone wants to get 100% off the grid can do it right now with existing technology. everyone BUY SOLAR PANELS NOW!!! as many as you can afford NOW!!! you can power all your monopoles with solar NOW. battery swappers are already available NOW. get batteries NOW !!!! the time for tinkering is fast coming to a close. get ready the SHTF is coming soon. TEOWAWKI is right around the corner.

even if its just 4 batteries and and a little charge controller. get started. power your SG with solar, cop of infinity. I dont care about looping the system... I want all my gains on the back end forever, with the sun providing all I need on the front, and the monopole making my batteries very happy.

Tom C

Hey Mike, I think your math is a little off. JB's 10 coiler could charge 1800Ah batteries @ 24v. At the C20 rate that's 90A @ 25v = 2,250w for 20 hours or 45kWh per day.

John K.

Hi Bromikey,
    the truth is J.B's 10 coiler is a very unique set up ..recall..he does'nt want to sell this..(he states in one of the DVDs.) the group is unaware of its functioning..
    take it from me... i have personally stumbled accross overunity loading from battery but never to get it on consisting basis...still struggeling..!
    this is where John Bedini says that every thing must match to tweek the machine with that 'bias current'.. to get overunity from the gain in the battries.
    it goes this way:
    1) 6 coiler (small machine)
    2) 12 coiler (medium machine) actually 48 coiler.
    3) 10 coiler. (Large machine) the Big Guy!

rgds,
    Faraday88.