2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Maximum coil size?

S/north magnets

Hi Tom C

Hi guys see the red letters in this post http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be....html#post2972

JB said not an inch more or an inch less (when talking about the wires), I would recon it is about getting the step charging to an optimal, to get the battery charged as fast as possible, (or getting the 1 amp replaced in an hour, in the secondary battery.)

What would be the optimal spacing between S/north magnets, from all the discussions that you have read over the years?, 2 or 2 ˝ or 3 magnet spacing’s ?, I realize there has to be an optimal somewhere, too big a gap no torque, too small a gap and a weak south pole?

Especially now that I want to redo my 8 coiler rotor can you please advise me on this? Anybody please want to venture a fact (guess) on this one!

Also from my few experiments lately use as thin an oil but as good a quality that you can get as you can on the bearings, it does make a world of difference !

I used (Prolong) it is a thick oil mixed it with CRC 2-26 (an electrical contact cleaner), I used a hypodermic needle and used that small droplet (1 or 2) on the needle to oil the bearings, it did give me 120 Hz on the O/Scope, if I ad more drops it will drop to 75-80 Hz almost half the speed.

(Edited) guys don't use the CRC 2-26 not good, not good for the bearings at all ! ! !

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Theunis
    Last edited by Prinsloo; 11-25-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Hi Tom C.

I've got an 8 filar built and running per the specs on this thread, except I see a big blue cap still sitting there on the floor. Oops, better do something with it. JB said to put a 16,000 uf cap on the input. This is the first I've seen this, so where do I place it, just goes across the primary battery?

I thought a battery was a pretty smooth power source, so can you shed a little light on why it needs a smoothing cap, and is there some kind of e-amp effect going on with it?

thanks,

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Darrah View Post
    Hi Tom C.

I've got an 8 filar built and running per the specs on this thread, except I see a big blue cap still sitting there on the floor. Oops, better do something with it. JB said to put a 16,000 uf cap on the input. This is the first I've seen this, so where do I place it, just goes across the primary battery?

I thought a battery was a pretty smooth power source, so can you shed a little light on why it needs a smoothing cap, and is there some kind of e-amp effect going on with it?

thanks,

Robert
    The scalar goes both ways, the cap smooths the input, absorbs the spike and returns it to the primary side of the circuit, its like a spring for the pulse... batteries dont like to charge and discharge at the same time.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Quote Originally Posted by Prinsloo View Post
    Hi Tom C

Hi guys see the red letters in this post http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be....html#post2972

JB said not an inch more or an inch less (when talking about the wires), I would recon it is about getting the step charging to an optimal, to get the battery charged as fast as possible, (or getting the 1 amp replaced in an hour, in the secondary battery.)

What would be the optimal spacing between S/north magnets, from all the discussions that you have read over the years?, 2 or 2 ˝ or 3 magnet spacing’s ?, I realize there has to be an optimal somewhere, too big a gap no torque, too small a gap and a weak south pole?

Especially now that I want to redo my 8 coiler rotor can you please advise me on this? Anybody please want to venture a fact (guess) on this one!

Also from my few experiments lately use as thin an oil but as good a quality that you can get as you can on the bearings, it does make a world of difference !

I used (Prolong) it is a thick oil mixed it with CRC 2-26 (an electrical contact cleaner), I used a hypodermic needle and used that small droplet (1 or 2) on the needle to oil the bearings, it did give me 120 Hz on the O/Scope, if I ad more drops it will drop to 75-80 Hz almost half the speed.

(Edited) guys don't use the CRC 2-26 not good, not good for the bearings at all ! ! !

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Theunis
    take your magnets and set them on the table north up. using a magnetic indicator move them slowly together looking for the scalar south, 3 to 5 mag widths is usually about right, it depends upon what the gauss is for the batch you have.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    take your magnets and set them on the table north up. using a magnetic indicator move them slowly together looking for the scalar south, 3 to 5 mag widths is usually about right, it depends upon what the gauss is for the batch you have.

Tom C
    What Tom says.
    and take a look at this:

kind regards,
    Patrick

I love it thats what I see when im looking at my energizer on acid !!

As long as it's not battery acid !
    Last edited by Prinsloo; 12-16-2012 at 01:24 AM.

haha!

Hi John B. and all,

John in this thread there's been much talk about your cap dump methods, so I thought I could post this here. I've been trying many times in the last years to get the right "back-pop" signal. I've read Bearden's explanations many times, yet there are a few things that are confusing. Like in your original motor-generator drawings the cap dump occurs when the load is disconnected from the battery, like you've been saying, while Bearden clearly says the cap is overpotentializing the battery and the load simultaneously. What is correct?

right now I have a setup where a 62000 uF cap is charged (and stays since it never gets discharged like you said) at 33V. The battery is a new motorcycle 12 Ah battery. A dual channel signal generator controls the cap dump done with two paralleled mosfets on the neg. side. The rise fall times are very fast, about 20 ns, so pretty close to a mechanical contact. This means I can do what Bearden describes: Turn ON and then turn OFF very fast to also get a neg. spike right on the battery. In my case the spike is about 60V.

The second circuit switches a load (12v, 10W light bulb with 47000uF cap across it) to the battery with two paralleled MJL21194 via optocoupler. Basically the first channel of the sig.gen. controls the sharp cap to battery pulses and the second channel controls the battery to load pulses. I can make the cap pulses as narrow as I want to (from 0.1% duty upwards) and I can delay the second channel so that I can connect the load to the battery during the cap pulse, in the middle or only after the cap pulse is over, as I wish.
    The cap pulse signal as seen on the battery with a scope consists of: initial small spike, followed by a small ramp to about 1V over the battery, then the 60V spike plus ringing at turn off.

Bearden also says that the effect will (only?) happen in an almost discharged battery, what voltage are we talking about?

John I would really appreciate if you could shed some light on this.

What frequency should I use? I've tried from 1 to 150 Hz.

At what time of the cap pulse should the load be connected (from start or pulse end?)

How long should the load be on the battery? only for a short duration after cap pulse or almost the whole cycle?

thanks,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario; 02-20-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Hi Mario,
    there are two aspects here. see if you can understand this: 'Symmetrical alternate is Asymmetrical simulataneous and vice versa'..
    so what John and Tom said are both correct and equivalent.
    Mario this the Free Energy Generator that you are refering to..which involves a single Battery that is Alternately pulsed between Power and Charge Pulses and is littel tricky in understanding what is happening. make a two Battery system and you will catch the point.!
    sorry to chim in here as i cannot resist answering questions...
    all due respect to John .B and Tom .B
    rgds,
    Faraday88.