No announcement yet.

3 Battery Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is good news Nityesh! Thanks for sharing.

John K.

Comment

Here are some test results, 15hour test

Time B1 B2 B3
      10:23pm 7.56V 7.56V 7.49V
      10:36pm 7.56V 7.56V 7.50V
      10:54pm 7.56V 7.56V 7.50V
      11:40pm 7.56V 7.56V 7.50V
      12:45am 7.56V 7.56V 7.50V
      1:36am 7.55V 7.55V 7:49V
      2:48am 7.55V 7.55V 7.49V
      11:40am 7.54V 7.55V 7.49V
      11:56am 7.55V 7.56V 7.50V
      12:13pm 7.55V 7.56V 7.50V
      1:00pm 7.55V 7.57V 7.50V
      1:32pm 7.56V 7.57V 7.50V
      2:04pm 7.56V 7.57V 7.50V
      C1, C2 and C3 (refer to circuit on post #25) are 0.22uF each. At the moment they are charging to 2 times the battery voltage.
      To find just the right value of capacitance to charge to exactly double the battery voltage.
      The less the capacitance, the higher voltage it will charge to, but with less current.
      The more the capacitance, the lower voltage it will charge to, but with more current.

So I am choosing the right cap C1, C2 and C3 (refer to circuit on post #25) to create a cap dump that will be the best ratio of current and voltage. In other words "Impedance Matching". Impedance matching the cap dump to the batteries internal impedance.

Enjoy and have fun
      Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 10-13-2015, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
        This is good news Nityesh! Thanks for sharing.

John K.
        You are welcome, All these circuits and research, is dedicated to the experimenters of this forum, and experimenters worldwide who share Tesla's dream.

Kind
        Regards
        Nityesh Schnaderbeck
        Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 10-12-2015, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Here are some more test results, that are a continuation from the last test results.

Time B1 B2 B3
          3:21pm 7.57V 7.58V 7.52V
          3.49pm 7.57V 7.58V 7.52V
          4:25pm 7.57V 7.58V 7.51V
          4:44pm 7.57V 7.57V 7.51V
          5.26pm 7.56V 7.57V 7.51V
          5:51pm 7.55V 7.56V 7.50V
          6:14pm 7.55V 7.56V 7.50V
          8:19pm 7.54V 7.54V 7.46V
          10:03pm 7.53V 7.53V 7.47V
          10:38pm 7.53V 7.53V 7.47V
          11:53pm 7.53V 7.53V 7.47V
          1:20am 7.53V 7.54V 7.47V
          1:52am 7.54V 7.54V 7.47V
          2:28am 7.54V 7.54V 7.47V
          11:03am 7.53V 7.54V 7.45V
          1:18pm 7.54V 7.56V 7.46V
          1:43pm 7.55V 7.56V 7.47V
          2:24pm 7.55V 7.57V 7.46V
          3:04pm 7.55V 7.57V 7.47V
          3:26pm 7.55V 7.57V 7.47V
          4:03pm 7.55V 7.56V 7.48V
          4:39pm 7.55V 7.56V 7.47V
          5:13pm 7.54V 7.55V 7.47V
          7:26pm 7.52V 7.53V 7.44V
          7:56pm 7.52V 7.53V 7.44V
          What is interesting about this data, is there are times when all batteries charge, and other times their voltages remain frozen. Looking at this data I am absolutely sure this switch is working, I think these are absolutely excellent results, because it shows all batteries charging up at the same time. And the load(the motor) has been doing 2000rpm for all those hours and hours.

Very Cool
          Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 10-14-2015, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Looking good Nityesh. Now, I don't want to detract you from recording your test results but don't just be concerned with the battery voltage as a gauge of success.

JB has said that the battery changes with these circuits. You might find one day that the meter says the battery is dead - but the motor is still running.

Just something to think about.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
              Looking good Nityesh. Now, I don't want to detract you from recording your test results but don't just be concerned with the battery voltage as a gauge of success.

JB has said that the battery changes with these circuits. You might find one day that the meter says the battery is dead - but the motor is still running.

Just something to think about.

John K.
              Yes you are so right about that. My motor spins faster at the lower voltage readings of the batteries. The batteries charge in the morning and drop their voltage in the evening.

Here are some test results from this morning.

Time B1 B2 B3
              9:52am 7.49V 7.50V 7.39V
              11:06am 7.50V 7.52V 7.40V
              11:33am 7.51V 7.52V 7.40V
              The voltages are all rising at this time, but later in the day they drop. The voltages of all 3 batteries are lower than when I first started the test, but the motor(load) is spinning faster.

I connected a 0.1uF cap in parallel to each of the capture capacitors (C1,C2 and C3, refer to circuit on post #25) making the capacitance of each of the capacitors 0.32uF. I wanted to choose a cap that charges to double battery voltage, and it looks like the capacitance of 0.32uF is a better match.

Below is a capture capacitor scope shot of C1(0.32uF).

Here is a picture of the whole setup showing the capacitor mods and an added frequency counter, to measure the magnets per second.

So now I can show motor speed with each battery test.

Kind
              Regards
              Nityesh Schnaderbeck
              Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 10-14-2015, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Nityesh,

Very good! I agree, double the battery voltage for the cap dump.

John K.

Comment

The next modification.

Having a look at what happens to B1(Battery 1), in the rotation cycle. 1. charge, 2. cap dump, 3. rest, 4. discharge.

This is what was happening, on my previous experiments. Since the capture capacitors(C1,C2 and C3 refer to circuit on post #25) store the energy, until the cap dump. You could do the cap dump on the other batteries, not just B1(Battery 1).
                  In my modification, I put the cap dump into the battery, at the dead zone just before the battery goes to discharge phase, so some of the surface charge from the cap dump can power the load.

So now, the battery rotation cycle of B1(Battery 1) is like this: 1. Charge, 2. rest, 3. cap dump, 4. discharge.

this is how I reconnected the cap dump outputs from the driver circuit, to the Tri-Symmetrical Switch Circuit,

Driver Circuit
                  (refer to circuit on post #30)
                  Tri-Symmetrical Switch Circuit
                  (refer to circuit on post #25)
                  Cap Dump 1 - Cap2
                  Cap Dump 2 - Cap3
                  Cap Dump 3 - Cap1
                  Lets see what this mod does.

Kind
                  Regards
                  Nityesh Schnaderbeck
                  Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 10-16-2015, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Here are some test results, 12hour test after the last mod.

At this stage all 3 battery voltages are rising, looking good.
                    Time B1 B2 B3 Magnets Per Second
                    5:40am 7.43V 7.29V 7.43V 132.25
                    12:35pm 7.44V 7.30V 7.44V 132.41
                    1:20pm 7.45V 7.31V 7.45V 130.92
                    Now the battery voltages remain frozen. All Good
                    2:20pm 7.45V 7.31V 7.45V 130.63
                    2.56pm 7.45V 7.31V 7.45V 130.80
                    3.50pm 7.45V 7.31V 7.45V 131.47
                    4:22pm 7.45V 7.31V 7.45V 131.66
                    And then the voltages drop.
                    4:42pm 7.44V 7.30V 7.44V 130.83
                    5.14pm 7.43V 7.30V 7.44V 131.17
                    5:56pm 7.42V 7.28V 7.42V 131.71
                    6:27pm 7.42V 7.28V 7.42V 131.55
                    7:36pm 7.41V 7.27V 7.41V 131.79

So now to find out what made the batteries charge. I'm not sure how to figure this one out.

Just a thought, all batteries were charged to the same voltage, before these tests, but B2 (Battery 2), always seems to have a lower voltage than the other 2 batteries. I am thinking that B2 (battery 2) could have an energy leak (to the whole system).

Kind
                    Regards
                    Nityesh Schnaderbeck
                    Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 10-16-2015, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Hi Nityesh,

Thanks for posting all your changes and impressive results. I'm intrigued by your use of three power coils to power a motor and back pulsing the three batteries that drive it with no energy loss.

What are you using for the 12 volt source to the voltage regulator that powers the control circuit, and how much current draw is on it? How long will it last before running down?

Have you thought about adding an additional winding to the trifilar coil and using that to recharge the source running the control circuit?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
                        Hi Nityesh,

Thanks for posting all your changes and impressive results. I'm intrigued by your use of three power coils to power a motor and back pulsing the three batteries that drive it with no energy loss.

What are you using for the 12 volt source to the voltage regulator that powers the control circuit, and how much current draw is on it? How long will it last before running down?

Have you thought about adding an additional winding to the trifilar coil and using that to recharge the source running the control circuit?

Regards
                        Gary Hammond Thankyou for your comments.

This is the first time I have ever seen batteries recharge themselves, Looking at the Results. (refer to post #40). This just started as an experiment, first just to see if I could get the batteries to rotate as a 3 battery tesla switch, with electronic switching. Then I Thought that I could replace all 3 loads with coils/motor winding's, and use a capture capacitor to collect the back spike, then with timed capacitor dumping, I could dump the cap back to the batteries at the right time. And then I thought, why not make this into a motor. At first a motor with 3 coils and 3 tuning circuits, then I figured out how to just use one coil/spool with 3 motor winding's and 1 trigger winding (with the use of a new driver circuit). So far I have got everything to work on an electronic level.

The driver circuit, draws about 145ma from a 12V source, (I am using a 13V adapter). The power supply is completely isolated from the batteries. The driver circuit only controls the switching. I am not including the power draw of the driver circuit in my results, only the battery voltages.

When I go to a bicycle wheel with 20 magnets and three 12V lead acid batteries and using the standard SSG spool, then I can add another generator coil(Coil on it's own spool) to power the driver circuit.

At the moment I am focused on everything to do with getting the batteries recharging themselves.

Kind Regards
                        Nityesh Schnaderbeck
                        Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 10-20-2015, 06:14 AM.

Comment

This is an experiment I tried with a fan.

And there was no battery recharging affect at all, the batteries were almost dead within half a day.

Kind Regards
                          Nityesh Schnaderbeck

Comment

Trigger mod to test.

My driver circuit(refer to post #30) is not perfect, and I have trouble to tune it, because when I get to a good speed it wants to oscillate. I have to adjust the tuning to the point of fastest speed, without oscillations. Even then it sometimes oscillates.

This mod replicates the trigger circuit in the SSG, using a transistor circuit front end.

So far with this mod I have had no trouble with unwanted oscillations, and I can get up to 150 magnets per second(2250rpm) of rotational speed on the motor.

Now RV3(1K) is the motor tuning adjustment.

So, now to find out if this mod makes a difference.

Kind
                            Regards
                            Nityesh Schnaderbeck

PS. Please note: "D1(UF4007)" is absolutely required here, this prevents false triggering if IC1(LM358).
                            Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 10-19-2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Here a scope shot of cap1, showing whats happening.

BS1 = Back spike 1
                              BS2 = Back spike 2
                              BS3 = Back spike 3

Because all 3 (plus trigger winding) winding's are wound together on the same magnetic core, you can see the other 2 back spikes. You can also see Back Spike 1, charging cap1, then dumping the cap, after a small time delay. The cap dump1 discharges to B1's(Battery1) voltage.

As a result of all winding's being wound together. The magnetic Back Spike of the coil/core, discharges itself through all 3 motor winding's, and charges all 3 capture capacitors at the same time. So every Back Spike charges all 3 capture capacitors simultaneously.

One winding is used to charge the coil magnetically, 3 winding's are used to discharge the magnetic Back Spike(back emf). This gives the magnetic back spike, even less impedance to discharge itself, because it see's that all capacitors are in parallel. (as far as a magnetic back spike can see). Get that magnetic Back Spike out of the coil as quick as possible.

If you can get the back spike out of the coil fast enough, and the timing is right, the magnetic field generated from the back spike, can help the motor spin faster.

This scope shot also shows how uneven the magnets are in the motor (uneven distance between magnets, some magnets weaker than others), giving uneven pulses.

I hope this info is useful for experimenters.

Kind
                              Regards
                              Nityesh Schnaderbeck
                              Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 10-20-2015, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Having a look at the scope shot on post #44(above). After the cap dump the voltage becomes the same as the battery voltage and then a single Back Spike charges the capture cap to double battery voltage. But then the other 2 Back Spikes are only maintaining the double voltage, and getting wasted.

So I have tied all the cap dumping together, so all the caps will dump in all the dead zones at the same time. Then I can increase the cap dumping to the batteries.

Now the cap dumping scope shot looks like this, (Look at those beautiful pulses)

If this gives better results then the circuit to do this cap dumping, is even simpler. Like Below

Lets see what happens.

Kind
                                Regards
                                Nityesh Schnaderbeck
                                Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 10-30-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X