Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
    The small one,
    This is by far the smallest one I have done yet. This was a real pain to do since I had to hold the coils to wind them. I also had to file the rotor and some parts. Think I’m going to re-draw rotor with slots to slip in magnets as they are about 5 mm X 1.5mm. Coils 650 turns #40 wires the printer seems be able to print this just fine. The energizer is about 64 mm in diameter. Will post when it is running.
    John

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4717[/ATTACH]
    Many thanks for the update John. One thing that is certainly being confirmed is that, at least in the right hands, by this point a 3D printer is a pretty useful fabrication tool. Looking forward to hearing about how it runs.

Comment

On my ezspin, when I added the diode to recover the spike to a cap, I used a reed once per revolution to dump the cap back to the source.

I noticed a few things
      1 – the rotor speeds up.

2 – the single diode does not recover all of the energy out there. All of these coils are in series having a diode at the end of the series only covered some of the energy. I placed a diode about half way through the series and was able to recover more. Excited, I placed a diode on each coil and to my disappointment it was the law of diminishing returns… however.

3 - If I placed a separate capacitor on each of the diodes, now we’re getting somewhere. I found the best balance by placing a diode’n cap every other coil. This got me very very close to 100% recovery. Alas I think my build is not efficient enough.
      Kind regards,
      Patrick A.

Comment

Patrick,

in place of the Caps on each diode, add a battery in a muilty SSG style circuit, so that you are charging several batterys from the same primary, 1 off of each diode. this would act like my 5 for 1 solid state version muilty SSG style circuit that was destroyed in the fire.....

RS

ps, 2 AAA rechargeable or 2 AA rechargeable in series for each diode should work for the batteries in this size energizer circuit....
        Last edited by RS_; 09-09-2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Some Things

At All,
          I have been very busy trying to get all my work done so in between time I have been working with a new program called Desingspark 3D . The 123 D cad has some problems on windows 8.1 in that it slows down to where you can’t use it. Changing the swap file space does nothing to help, releasing the memory does not do anything, that’s computers? I just thought that I would give a report on the motors I built, they are all still running on the same original battery at 1.5 volts they have only dropped by .001 this whole time since I built them . The new SCR solar chargers are taking a lott of my time as I make sure they all work the same, but anyway I will be posting more designs soon and some STL files. RS I will be talking to you soon as I work out some things. All of you working with EZ spin please post some pictures of your work I would really like to see what you’re doing.
          John
          John Bedini
          My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

here is the latest version of the rotor we are working on. it is larger than the EZ spin and as such it will be easier to work on. we are working to make it easy to source all of the parts locally, or we will sell them together as part of the kit. looks like we will be doing this in either ABS or PLA, depends upon how we can source filament at a good price.

Tom C
            Attached Files

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hey all, Just found this thread from Aaron's newletter (still waiting on the conference video of Graham Gunderson Aaron...) I have been following John for well over a decade and excited to see an open source project with his backing. I have a 3D printer and I'm proficient in SolidWorks. Holler if I can be of any help. I will happily print and mail anything to anyone if you cover the cost of postage and plastic. I have great success with PLA but ABS does not stick to my bed well. (I need some kapton tape). Is anyone publishing STL's yet?

Comment

Hi JB

Looking forward to the new SCR Tracker.....

Look for a email with 1 hour of yesterdays real time Solar data.....

Still waiting on my 3D printer to come in, Gurrrrrrrr.......

Mean while, I have been working on several more 3D things to print, when it finely gets here.......

Looking at the DesignSpark Software now, I have been using FreeCad and it is way better than 123DCad
                Last edited by RS_; 09-17-2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sevenmead View Post
                  Hey all, Just found this thread from Aaron's newletter (still waiting on the conference video of Graham Gunderson Aaron...) I have been following John for well over a decade and excited to see an open source project with his backing. I have a 3D printer and I'm proficient in SolidWorks. Holler if I can be of any help. I will happily print and mail anything to anyone if you cover the cost of postage and plastic. I have great success with PLA but ABS does not stick to my bed well. (I need some kapton tape). Is anyone publishing STL's yet?
                  Hi, welcome! Graham's presentations are available through: http://grahamgunderson.com/ou
                  Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hi everyone! Been away from the forum for a while and found this thread linked up on TeslaGenX. Really exciting stuff! Enjoying watching the progress. Thinking there may be a 3d printer in my future.......
                    "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Comment

We are moving along here, the latest version of the 8 pole back charges the primary. you can place a dead alkaline on the machine and it will charge back up. still working on the bearings for the kit.

Tom C

Comment

Awesome! No pics? Arrrrrghhh!

al

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                          We are moving along here, the latest version of the 8 pole back charges the primary. you can place a dead alkaline on the machine and it will charge back up. still working on the bearings for the kit.

Tom C
                          Now that's what i'm taking about - nice!
                          Patrick A.

Comment

this is a scope shot off the motor you can see the square wave is the reed and the coil firing, the sine wave is the backcharge from the coils.

Attached Files

Comment

here is a pic of the motor the stator is 6 inches in diameter, the total coil resistance is 11K ohms.

Tom C
                              Attached Files

Comment

I am using this machine to hand wind my coils. its too small for an SG coil but works really well for small coils. it has a pulley on it so you can find an old sewing machine motor and make it electric. the counting feature is needed for this build.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NZ-1-Manual-...item58cac315e1

Comment

Working...
                                X