X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice bit of kit there, RS_

Comment

• Hi RS

Nice set-up! Does that come in a kit form? And, how much do they cost?
      Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

Comment

• no on the stl file per head..

it can print 4 of the same thing at the same time, or 4 different colors/materials on 1 model...... just to speculate ie: print reg PLA, Water Soluble support, electrically conductive polymer, and poly flexible material all on 1 model.... I have not quite figured out how to do all this yet, but heading there as fast as i know how......

The full size Stacker 3D 500 is $8000

http://stacker3d.com/

Comment

• I've been experimenting with the conical coils using the large magnets. The zero force style of using the coil works fine, a slow wind up going faster and faster. The two cones in series produces like poles on the ends and a weaker opposite pole in the middle. I found just using one cone is better. The wide end towards the magnet. I also changed the rotor to just two magnets. I can spin the rotor to finger burning speed with just one small conical coil this way. I want to try firing the coils in pairs of more than two so that it's not so much of an oscillating field but more of a rotating field. Oscillating 3 pairs sequentially. Using a clock face it would be like 12 & 6, 2 & 8, 10 & 4.

P.S.

I dunno, but I think the zero force motor might work better as only a generator if the rpms are high.
          Last edited by Notsure; 12-14-2015, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
            Hi again,
            All devices are intact (includes diode Transistor)..
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.
            Hi all,

I again had the mishap today with the Solid-state SSG running and the wire lead at the Charging side accidentally opened up.... had Ball-Lightning popping all over the board...what is interesting is that the devices are consistently protected by such 'blow-up' and instead of just glowing which it is normally does.. the bulbs are blown into smithereens...i never had to replace even a single transistor or Diode in this set up.. i think i just understood how to save the Neons as well....more as i try out..
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.

'Click image for larger version

Name:	20151215_142813.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	578.7 KB
ID:	48751Click image for larger version

Name:	20151215_142838.jpg
Size:	406.4 KB
ID:	48752
            'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Hi Faraday. I'm assuming this only happens without a load, right? I mean, without a load on it, it's just bragging how good it works. lol
              Last edited by Notsure; 12-15-2015, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• Hi Faraday88

Good to see you again buddy...

I have heard of people using resistors on one leg of the neons, and/or a resistor sandwiched between two neons, or before two neons, to keep that from happening. I don't see BroMikey's posts here any more, but he did that with his "Beast" SS SSG. I am not a fan of his "when in doubt, power out" methods for these chargers, like I am with high performance sports-cars, but this might help you. I dug up one of his diagrams and am posting it here:

Hope that helps...

Comment

• Originally posted by Notsure View Post
                  Hi Faraday. I'm assuming this only happens without a load, right? I mean, without a load on it, it's just bragging how good it works. lol
                  Yes that's right...but the neons do not blow out the way these did this happens only under certain condition lets us see if any one can figure it out..??
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88.

Comment

• Originally posted by James_Somewhere_In_Idaho View Post
                    Hi Faraday88

I have heard of people using resistors on one leg of the neons, and/or a resistor sandwiched between two neons, or before two neons, to keep that from happening. I don't see BroMikey's posts here any more, but he did that with his "Beast" SS SSG. I am not a fan of his "when in doubt, power out" methods for these chargers, like I am with high performance sports-cars, but this might help you. I dug up one of his diagrams and am posting it here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5046[/ATTACH]

Hope that helps...
                    Hi James,
                    Great to hear from you Pal! Yes Bromikey was a good time pal to me too! ...heard about some rift that happen with him do'nt see him posting any more.. I had long exchange of the CSET knowledge with him in The E.V Thread of this forum. there is a great deal of learning from such accidental events..like if you could do that with a Neon bulb, why can't you cause such burst in the other associated components of the circuits...in one of previous experiments I had one Transistor and a string of 3 diodes Exploded when i had them running in the SG mode (yes there was 2200u F Capacitor being Charged)... thanks for posting Bromikeys scheme to protect the neon i just a have a feeling that the Radiant Burst will eat away the resistor also. need to try out, by the way....but i figured another way to have it protect it self as well as other devices associated.
                    Rgds,
                    Faraday88.

Hi James,
                    Here it is the solution to protect all of them......
                    Rgds,
                    Faraday88.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151217_122900.jpg
Size:	477.6 KB
ID:	48753
                    Last edited by Faraday88; 12-17-2015, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• Definitely off topic to the thread but Faraday, check out US patent # 7990110 and look at figure 2 of John's for his oscillator. He has a diode at number 56 and mentions this in his text, "Diodes 54 and 56 are not necessary to the switch 42, but protect the transistor 44 by routing any negative high voltage transients to ground 34." V-tech uses transient suppressor diodes. This belongs in the oscillator thread.

to make it easy to find click this link

Aln

Comment

• Originally posted by aln View Post
                        Definitely off topic to the thread but Faraday, check out US patent # 7990110 and look at figure 2 of John's for his oscillator. He has a diode at number 56 and mentions this in his text, "Diodes 54 and 56 are not necessary to the switch 42, but protect the transistor 44 by routing any negative high voltage transients to ground 34." V-tech uses transient suppressor diodes. This belongs in the oscillator thread.

to make it easy to find click this link

Aln
                        Hi Aln,
                        I guess Diode 54 is the Reverse biased Diode between the emitter and base which is used to avoid spurious Oscillations (especially when it is Rotor Triggered SSG mode operated)..while the diode 56 is the equivalent to the normal Neon Bulb in the same location (between collect and Emitter) but with the difference that Neon Bulb would be more reliable than a solid-state diode cause neon bulb is a kind of 'self healing' to the spikes unlike the Diode ...and yes it must be a TVS or a hyper fast recovery Diode for the purpose...
                        what i showed in the diagram is a solution to avoid 'explosion of Neon bulb while at the same time, save all the other devices reliably..now just an experiment for you to try out.... connect a TVS/ Hyper Fast recovery Diode (the one across Collector/ Emitter) like shown in the patent and connect in parallel to this a Neon Bulb...excite this on SSG.....ummm Neon shall not glow.. but that doesn't mean the bulb is not at stress at all..actually speaking the very presence of Neon bulb evokes additional stress across the TVS and the bulb itself..yes it may breakdown well before its rated tolerance...i leave it to you to explain this effect...while this may be off topic here but nevertheless vital to understand the Radiant Spike...
                        cheers!
                        Rgds,
                        Faraday88.
                        Last edited by Faraday88; 12-17-2015, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Hi Faraday88

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5046[/ATTACH]

Hope that helps...
                          Hi James,
                          Is this circuit Force Triggered...??
                          Rgds,
                          Faraday88.

Comment

• Hi Faraday88

BroMikey, sometimes, does not show everything he does in his circuits. That being said, I have other versions of his diagrams that show how he usually triggers his circuits. He usually uses, what he calls, an "tank circuit" that is in reality, a series L, Parallel RC circuit, similar to Patrick's CPD mod. They both resemble the following circuit:

The "L" is the inverted trigger winding. BroMikey left out the cap in his diagram.

Comment

Hi Faraday88

BroMikey, sometimes, does not show everything he does in his circuits. That being said, I have other versions of his diagrams that show how he usually triggers his circuits. He usually uses, what he calls, an "tank circuit" that is in reality, a series L, Parallel RC circuit, similar to Patrick's CPD mod. They both resemble the following circuit:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5052[/ATTACH]

The "L" is the inverted trigger winding. BroMikey left out the cap in his diagram.
                              Hi James,
                              sorry but i'm not clear on what you meant by Inverted Trigger...? does that mean with context to the Bromikey's Tank circuit as you show here or is it the Inverted configuration to the normal trigger in SSG (top of trigger coil going to Base and the bottom going to the Negative)..
                              Rgds,
                              Faraday88.

Comment

• Hi Faraday88

Come on, you know this...In the Bedini SS SSGs, the trigger windings or polar opposites of the charge windings--up is down, down is up...north is south south is north, look at the diagram again. The 20 AWG winding, in this case, is the trigger inductor, and the 14 AWG windings are the charge or run inductors. I know you must know this...it's the basic solid state Bedini circuit with the "inverted" trigger winding...Am I really talking to Farady88? Because, you sure do not sound like him right now....
                                Last edited by James_Somewhere_In_Idaho; 12-18-2015, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X