Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 407

Thread: The 3d Monopole Coil How To Build

  1. #381
    Sorry about that, magnets are horizontal, poles are vertical. !/2" thick, 1 3/4" down to 1" taper width. 2" long. I bought them along time ago for a wind generator I never built. I heard they hassle you with code enforcement officers.

  2. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by Notsure View Post
    Sorry about that, magnets are horizontal, poles are vertical. !/2" thick, 1 3/4" down to 1" taper width. 2" long. I bought them along time ago for a wind generator I never built. I heard they hassle you with code enforcement officers.
    Nothing to be sorry for - thanks for sharing, many don't.
    Very nice!
    so is the FWBR connected like this?:

    reed fwbr dual coil.jpg
    Thanks again,
    Patrick

  3. #383
    Hi Notsure and Patrick (good to see you again Patrick)

    I can't help thinking that we are looking at a version of the zero-force motor...am I correct?
    Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    Nothing to be sorry for - thanks for sharing, many don't.
    Very nice!
    so is the FWBR connected like this?:

    reed fwbr dual coil.jpg
    Thanks again,
    Patrick
    I don't know what FWBR is, but yeah, that's how I do it.

  5. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Somewhere_In_Idaho View Post
    Hi Notsure and Patrick (good to see you again Patrick)

    I can't help thinking that we are looking at a version of the zero-force motor...am I correct?
    You are correct sir. The timing isn't as critical with horizontal coils, especially if they are close together. I was interesting when I tried the horizontal trigger coil. It either had to be real close to the motor coil or have a lot of distance. When it was close it would only work if the magnets rotation was towards the motor coil first. The direction of current is everything, so it will tell you if it's wired wrong. literally, it squeals. So same direction of wind from the center out with paired coils.
    Last edited by Notsure; 03-25-2016 at 04:36 PM.

  6. #386
    Hi Notsure

    I'm not really comfortable coming back on here and commenting, so I will forgo my usual long-windedness.

    Back when everyone started going dark on here, Patrick was posting something he did, and I began to wonder what effect it would have as a driver for the zero-force motor. I have not gotten around to trying it out. Perhaps you might give it a go and report back.

    Here is a link to Patrick's video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41cfHcb7qd8

    OK, I'll just slink back off to darkville...
    Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

  7. #387
    Hi Notsure,

    Quote Originally Posted by Notsure View Post
    I don't know what FWBR is, but yeah, that's how I do it.
    FWBR is the abbreviation for "full wave bridge rectifier".
    Gary Hammond,

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hammond View Post
    Hi Notsure,



    FWBR is the abbreviation for "full wave bridge rectifier".
    Thanks Gary, I should of thought of that with my brain.

  9. #389
    I was experimenting with different trigger systems for the wheel. I was using a reed switch and got it spinning real fast. The spark gap was purple color. Anyway, I noticed a magnetic compass that was laying on the bench, the needle had deflected and started bobbing up and down. It was sitting far enough away that it's not effected by the magnets at slow speed or stationary. At a certain speed a magnetic wave is propagated I think.

  10. #390
    I haven't spent a lot of time on it but it is really hard to reproduce the effect. I come close, nothing happens for awhile then the needle will start bouncing and swaying. I don't know what I'm doing is what it is.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •