2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3d Monopole Coil How To Build

Nice bit of kit there, RS_

Hi RS

Nice set-up! Does that come in a kit form? And, how much do they cost?
    Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

no on the stl file per head..

it can print 4 of the same thing at the same time, or 4 different colors/materials on 1 model...... just to speculate ie: print reg PLA, Water Soluble support, electrically conductive polymer, and poly flexible material all on 1 model.... I have not quite figured out how to do all this yet, but heading there as fast as i know how......

The full size Stacker 3D 500 is $8000

http://stacker3d.com/

I've been experimenting with the conical coils using the large magnets. The zero force style of using the coil works fine, a slow wind up going faster and faster. The two cones in series produces like poles on the ends and a weaker opposite pole in the middle. I found just using one cone is better. The wide end towards the magnet. I also changed the rotor to just two magnets. I can spin the rotor to finger burning speed with just one small conical coil this way. I want to try firing the coils in pairs of more than two so that it's not so much of an oscillating field but more of a rotating field. Oscillating 3 pairs sequentially. Using a clock face it would be like 12 & 6, 2 & 8, 10 & 4.

P.S.

I dunno, but I think the zero force motor might work better as only a generator if the rpms are high.
    Last edited by Notsure; 12-14-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faraday88 View Post
    Hi again,
    All devices are intact (includes diode Transistor)..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Hi all,

I again had the mishap today with the Solid-state SSG running and the wire lead at the Charging side accidentally opened up.... had Ball-Lightning popping all over the board...what is interesting is that the devices are consistently protected by such 'blow-up' and instead of just glowing which it is normally does.. the bulbs are blown into smithereens...i never had to replace even a single transistor or Diode in this set up.. i think i just understood how to save the Neons as well....more as i try out..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

'20151215_142813.jpg20151215_142838.jpg
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Hi Faraday. I'm assuming this only happens without a load, right? I mean, without a load on it, it's just bragging how good it works. lol
    Last edited by Notsure; 12-15-2015 at 04:15 AM.

Hi Faraday88

Good to see you again buddy...

I have heard of people using resistors on one leg of the neons, and/or a resistor sandwiched between two neons, or before two neons, to keep that from happening. I don't see BroMikey's posts here any more, but he did that with his "Beast" SS SSG. I am not a fan of his "when in doubt, power out" methods for these chargers, like I am with high performance sports-cars, but this might help you. I dug up one of his diagrams and am posting it here:

Attachment 5046

Hope that helps...
    Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by Notsure View Post
    Hi Faraday. I'm assuming this only happens without a load, right? I mean, without a load on it, it's just bragging how good it works. lol
    Yes that's right...but the neons do not blow out the way these did this happens only under certain condition lets us see if any one can figure it out..??
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Somewhere_In_Idaho View Post
    Hi Faraday88

Good to see you again buddy...

I have heard of people using resistors on one leg of the neons, and/or a resistor sandwiched between two neons, or before two neons, to keep that from happening. I don't see BroMikey's posts here any more, but he did that with his "Beast" SS SSG. I am not a fan of his "when in doubt, power out" methods for these chargers, like I am with high performance sports-cars, but this might help you. I dug up one of his diagrams and am posting it here:

Attachment 5046

Hope that helps...
    Hi James,
    Great to hear from you Pal! Yes Bromikey was a good time pal to me too! ...heard about some rift that happen with him do'nt see him posting any more.. I had long exchange of the CSET knowledge with him in The E.V Thread of this forum. there is a great deal of learning from such accidental events..like if you could do that with a Neon bulb, why can't you cause such burst in the other associated components of the circuits...in one of previous experiments I had one Transistor and a string of 3 diodes Exploded when i had them running in the SG mode (yes there was 2200u F Capacitor being Charged)... thanks for posting Bromikeys scheme to protect the neon i just a have a feeling that the Radiant Burst will eat away the resistor also. need to try out, by the way....but i figured another way to have it protect it self as well as other devices associated.
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

Hi James,
    Here it is the solution to protect all of them......
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

20151217_122900.jpg
    Last edited by Faraday88; 12-17-2015 at 12:03 AM.

Definitely off topic to the thread but Faraday, check out US patent # 7990110 and look at figure 2 of John's for his oscillator. He has a diode at number 56 and mentions this in his text, "Diodes 54 and 56 are not necessary to the switch 42, but protect the transistor 44 by routing any negative high voltage transients to ground 34." V-tech uses transient suppressor diodes. This belongs in the oscillator thread.

to make it easy to find click this link

Aln