Bedini Energizer Kits Available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluestix View Post
    Just out of curiosity what do you mean by 'matched numbers'?

I would guess that most transistors of a certain type and brand are basically identical to within certain tolerances or they would be discarded at the factory by the transistor manufacturer.
    I should have said matched components.

For the fact that the components have tolerances, that means they are not matched. They all vary within those tolerances.

Just about everyone has seen this. You can get a pack of 10 ohm resistors and all 10 will have a different resistance. They're all close enough to be used as a 10 ohm resistor.

With the transistors same thing, you can get 10 MJL21194's and they're all not perfectly synchronized. They're within certain tolerances as well.

The ultimate goal is to find ones that are matched to turn off and on at the same time. That way all 7 power winding's spikes will hit the battery synchronized all at the same time. It makes a difference when you're looking at those fast switching speeds. Matching transistors would be an advanced skill. You can have a great energizer without matching them, but when building a race car, we want everything as perfect as can be because like in a race, milliseconds can be the difference between winning or losing.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Aaron,
      Sounds great. This is what I've been waiting for. Matching the components and, even worse, winding coils, is just not my primary skill set. It sounds from the description that this is a single output rather than each winding through a different diode, correct? About what size (AH) battery is this energizer designed to run from and what size bank to charge from that run battery? Can it be used at 24v or only 12? I'm sorry if I'm missing those details but I don't see them.
      thanks,
      howard

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Wetsman View Post
        Aaron,
        Sounds great. This is what I've been waiting for. Matching the components and, even worse, winding coils, is just not my primary skill set. It sounds from the description that this is a single output rather than each winding through a different diode, correct? About what size (AH) battery is this energizer designed to run from and what size bank to charge from that run battery? Can it be used at 24v or only 12? I'm sorry if I'm missing those details but I don't see them.
        thanks,
        howard
        Hi Howard,

Yes, the kit is designed as a single output. The standard SG circuit, with one input battery and one output battery.

When we tested it in John's shop we charged a 13Ah garden tractor battery with a similar sized primary battery. All of John's SG machines are designed to run on 12v.

John K.

Comment

Hi John Bedini

Why have you Potted the elc. on the new SSG plastic unit.
          If one trans.,res....etc... go's BAD you will have to replace the whole board.

Will you Warrant the board if it go's bad?

If you leave it open, then a trans. goes bad, just replace it.

I though that this SSG was to experiment with?

John are you going to be back here to talk?

Some things to think about.

Thanks

Geoffrey

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Wetsman View Post
            Aaron,
            thanks,
            howard
            As John K. said, it's single output. However, each winding does go through a different diode but they all come together to go to the same battery.
            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Geoffrey,
              I think we have talked before, The reason for potting the circuit board is so it can not be changed. If I'm building the kit I want it to work right out of the box. Everybody knows that I match everything in the board. The coil is calculated for the highest performance. If you want to put it together then do so. Rick ran into that problem of people saying that parts were missing transistors were bad and so on. I don't want that problem. I plan on taking pictures of all the parts, and each part will be tested by my people. I always pot things but if you want to build your own it's ok with me. Like I say I will take pictures of everything sent with this kit. I will know that everything is working. If some builds the board and it is shorted out I will not replace anything as I would know that all parts were matched and tested. You can get the kit without the circuit board and make your own. The price I can not do anything with, it's the cost of labor here in the US.
              John

Originally posted by geoffrey sr miller View Post
              Hi John Bedini

Why have you Potted the elc. on the new SSG plastic unit.
              If one trans.,res....etc... go's BAD you will have to replace the whole board.

Will you Warrant the board if it go's bad?

If you leave it open, then a trans. goes bad, just replace it.

I though that this SSG was to experiment with?

John are you going to be back here to talk?

Some things to think about.

Thanks

Geoffrey
              John Bedini
              My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                Geoffrey,
                I think we have talked before, The reason for potting the circuit board is so it can not be changed. If I'm building the kit I want it to work right out of the box. Everybody knows that I match everything in the board. The coil is calculated for the highest performance. If you want to put it together then do so. Rick ran into that problem of people saying that parts were missing transistors were bad and so on. I don't want that problem. I plan on taking pictures of all the parts, and each part will be tested by my people. I always pot things but if you want to build your own it's ok with me. Like I say I will take pictures of everything sent with this kit. I will know that everything is working. If some builds the board and it is shorted out I will not replace anything as I would know that all parts were matched and tested. You can get the kit without the circuit board and make your own. The price I can not do anything with, it's the cost of labor here in the US.
                John

Hi John

Thanks for reading the post.

I know why you pot things, I have been building your devices for years.

I was thinking of the less experience people working with your SSG device,
                Not knowing the elec. were potted when they got there SSG unit.

You can see some of my work at my new website energybat.com

I have started to show some of my work.

Here is my new phone # if you want to talk 215-910-1193

Hope things are well for you.

Thanks

Geoffrey

Comment

Geoffrey,

Ok, Yes I have my reasons for doing this I want everybody on the same page so the machine is understood.
                  For example, if the board is built here and tested we know the machine is working on good batteries. The best battery can be bought at wal-mart. The battery is a garden battery it works the best with the machine. The only thing I see is they have been sitting on the shelf for months and must be charged to bring them back, this requires charge and dis-charging for at least two to three times before running on the machine. I cut these batteries off at 15.23 volts to not over charge them. Other things here are, if your battery will not raise to 15 volts easily they are leaking and must be looked at as maybe useless. Using used batteries for testing works in some case but not all. If your only using the machine for reviving batteries that is something different.
                  I would really like people to invest in good batteries and not use used batteries the may have been abused and have bad cells. In my testing I remove 1 AmpHr from the battery because of it's size and good testing can be performed doing it this way, charting is easy this way. If you take the battery below 11 volts under hard load you may damage it. Most systems use a C20 discharge rate for this type of battery. C10 at the max for 1 AmpHr out not letting the battery go below 11 volts.
                  John
                  John Bedini
                  My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

Hi everyone,

For right now, we're only going to make the kits available with the fully potted circuit board.

Each kit is serial numbered so that means that every single one is identical and you are getting John's personal work when you get that circuit.

At some point, we will explore offering the frame/wheel kit by itself without a coil or circuit, a coil by itself, circuit by itself, or coil/circuit combo, etc... but that isn't going to be available right now. The priority is to get the full kit with John's own personally tested circuit board into people's hands. That hasn't happened before and there are plenty of people that want this so they know they have a machine that runs just like John's.

We will look into offering the printed circuit boards, coils by themselves, etc... and at some point when they are available like that, we'll put out notices so everyone knows they are available.

Thank you for understanding.
                    Aaron Murakami

Comment

Hi John B. & John K.

Is this SSG board going to be available any time soon?
                      Because I am thinking about making boards with parts to sell.

Is the reason that the SSG boards are not available now is,
                      because they have a lot of liability on them.

Like people getting there fingers in the SSG boards and getting shock?

And coming back to the people that made them?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SSG BOARD 2012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	45227

Thanks and have a great day

Geoffrey
                      Last edited by geoffrey sr miller; 01-23-2013, 07:22 AM. Reason: info.

Comment

Hi John B. & John K.

Is this SSG board going to be available any time soon?
                        Because I am thinking about making boards with parts to sell.

Is the reason that the SSG boards are not available now is,
                        because they have a lot of liability on them.

Like people getting there fingers in the SSG boards and getting shock?

And coming back to the people that made them?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1417[/ATTACH]

Thanks and have a great day

Geoffrey
                        Geoffrey, we will have the boards very soon, we are simply verifying that all things are working correctly, and that we have all parts in stock for shipping. you may make a board for yourself, but you may not make them for sale without a licensing agreement from John Bedini as all the circuits are patented. Teslagenx has a licensing and marketing agreement with Energenx for worldwide marketing of Bedini Designed Circuits. We also have an agreement for selling on this forum with Aaron and John Bedini.

Please be patient its a marathon not a sprint.

all boards are experimental and are sold as such.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                          Geoffrey, we will have the boards very soon, we are simply verifying that all things are working correctly, and that we have all parts in stock for shipping. you may make a board for yourself, but you may not make them for sale without a licensing agreement from John Bedini as all the circuits are patented. Teslagenx has a licensing and marketing agreement with Energenx for worldwide marketing of Bedini Designed Circuits. We also have an agreement for selling on this forum with Aaron and John Bedini.

Please be patient its a marathon not a sprint.

all boards are experimental and are sold as such.

Tom C

Hi Tom C

I just thought I would offer some help making coils, boards cutting plastic etc..,
                          John B never got back to me on making the coils, boards cutting plastic etc....
                          I talk to him a couple of month's ago. I have a coil wrapping machine ect...

Have you or John B or John K running 5,000 watts of power off of the charge batteries for a continuous load 24/7
                          using the SSG TO CHARGE them ?
                          If NO , why not ?

Thanks and have a great day!

Geoffrey

Comment

Have you or John B or John K running 5,000 watts of power off of the charge batteries for a continuous load 24/7
                            using the SSG TO CHARGE them ?
                            If NO , why not ?

Thanks and have a great day!

Geoffrey
                            Hi Geoffrey,

Since you asked, no I have not. You wanna know why? It's not because this technology does not work, which is what you are implying.

For me it's purely the cost of having to do that. You've been researching this for a while by the looks of your website, so you should understand the numbers. So lets have a look them.

To run 5kW for 24/7 means that you would be drawing 416.67 amps @ 12 volts. This means, assuming you don't want to replace your batteries ever and you run them at the C20 rate, you need 8,333.34 amp hours of batteries. That's a big cost in batteries, I don't know maybe $5k at a guess.

Since we know if you want to keep your batteries you can't charge and discharge them at the same time. So now I need one set of batteries to run my 5kW inverter and one set being charged by the SSG. So now I need 16,666.67 amp hours worth of 12 volt batteries. That's a lot of batteries and a lot of cash!

All right, so now we have our batteries and we also spent a few hundred dollars building a vented area to store them in and then another few hundred for the copper buss bars and cables to connect them all together. Add some more cash for distilled water and testing equipment for maintenance.

Now we need a 5kW pure sine wave inverter because we plan on running some computers and inductive loads like refrigerators and washing machines etc. about another $3k for a decent one.

Since we have the money to splash around we design and build, or buy, an automated battery swapping solution that can handle 500 amps and zero switching time when swapping. Add another $1k or thereabouts.

Right, so now we have all of that what's left. Oh yeah, an SG that can charge up 416.67 amp hours of 12 volt batteries before I run down the other bank, about 24 hours. By the time you design and build that you're up to another $5k, more if you add your time for what it's worth.

So if you add that all up you are looking at around 20 gorillas to build and run a 5kW setup, which for me is about half of my daily average electricity usage. I know other people that use up 30kWh per day so they would need a system 6 times bigger.

I don't know about you, but right now I don't have a spare 20 grand to get half off the grid. And that is why I don't run a 5kW inverter 24/7, OK?

Thanks for asking and you have a nice day too

John K.

Comment

This is an interesting post. I came to the same conclusion awhile back...I kind of see having a working SG around as a "survival" tool. I do a little bit of prepping for a SHTF scenario, and having a quiet machine like that in the house out of sight...that can charge up a few batteries to power some essentials would be a godsend. I would worry solar panels would be stolen.

It's unfortunate however that the setup you describe is so far out of reach financially.

Looking forward to new battery technology in the future, maybe from John B, that can handle deep cycle applications and be drastically cheaper...

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                              Hi Geoffrey,

Since you asked, no I have not. You wanna know why? It's not because this technology does not work, which is what you are implying.

For me it's purely the cost of having to do that. You've been researching this for a while by the looks of your website, so you should understand the numbers. So lets have a look them.

To run 5kW for 24/7 means that you would be drawing 416.67 amps @ 12 volts. This means, assuming you don't want to replace your batteries ever and you run them at the C20 rate, you need 8,333.34 amp hours of batteries. That's a big cost in batteries, I don't know maybe $5k at a guess.

Since we know if you want to keep your batteries you can't charge and discharge them at the same time. So now I need one set of batteries to run my 5kW inverter and one set being charged by the SSG. So now I need 16,666.67 amp hours worth of 12 volt batteries. That's a lot of batteries and a lot of cash!

All right, so now we have our batteries and we also spent a few hundred dollars building a vented area to store them in and then another few hundred for the copper buss bars and cables to connect them all together. Add some more cash for distilled water and testing equipment for maintenance.

Now we need a 5kW pure sine wave inverter because we plan on running some computers and inductive loads like refrigerators and washing machines etc. about another $3k for a decent one.

Since we have the money to splash around we design and build, or buy, an automated battery swapping solution that can handle 500 amps and zero switching time when swapping. Add another $1k or thereabouts.

Right, so now we have all of that what's left. Oh yeah, an SG that can charge up 416.67 amp hours of 12 volt batteries before I run down the other bank, about 24 hours. By the time you design and build that you're up to another $5k, more if you add your time for what it's worth.

So if you add that all up you are looking at around 20 gorillas to build and run a 5kW setup, which for me is about half of my daily average electricity usage. I know other people that use up 30kWh per day so they would need a system 6 times bigger.

I don't know about you, but right now I don't have a spare 20 grand to get half off the grid. And that is why I don't run a 5kW inverter 24/7, OK?

Thanks for asking and you have a nice day too

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by Branch Gordon View Post
                                This is an interesting post. I came to the same conclusion awhile back...I kind of see having a working SG around as a "survival" tool. I do a little bit of prepping for a SHTF scenario, and having a quiet machine like that in the house out of sight...that can charge up a few batteries to power some essentials would be a godsend. I would worry solar panels would be stolen.

It's unfortunate however that the setup you describe is so far out of reach financially.

Looking forward to new battery technology in the future, maybe from John B, that can handle deep cycle applications and be drastically cheaper...
                                Hi Branch,

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from researching and building this technology, but merely stating the reality. As JB would say "there is no free energy, you have to pay for it".

Yes, the energy is free for the taking but just like a solar panel or a windmill you must pay for it first before you can get the energy free from the environment.

Now I'm not saying that this technology is out of reach either. Most people on a meagre income can build the basic SG and prove to themselves that the technology works as claimed and demonstrated, if built as directed. Once they are familiar with the concepts and principles of John Bedini's patented technology, it's then up to them to choose what they want to do with it.

I do get a little disappointed when asked if I am using JB's technology for large practical applications and if not, why not. Such questions are perceived as being intrusive and imply that as a supporter of the technology I should have a large practical free energy system in use. However, I have found from experience that usually the underlying question is really "does this stuff work?".

John K.

Comment

Working...
                                X