Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Cole Mechanism

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius View Post
    Can I ask you a question Aaron?
    Of course. Just saw this today.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Actually a couple questions. You seem to be at the forefront of this sort of thing.... Have you ever seen anything like it (my mechanism) as far as the configuration goes and the way it's balanced? And the other question.... Do you know what ever became of Ted Ewerts efforts? He was building a large machine that at least seemed to share some characteristics with mine.... just curious.

Thanks
    Last edited by Aemilius; 12-21-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't seen anything like your configuration.

I don't recall the last I saw of Ted Ewert's work. Almost remember he was doing a Bedini/Veljko hybrid with a coil pulsing the pendulum or something. Been a while.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Thanks Aaron....

Timing.... the stage of the analysis that illustrates the variable timing function of the adjustable Cam and Standing Lever. The diagram below shows the Cam that's located directly behind the Sun Sprocket. It's fixed to the Chassis and rotates with it. The Standing Lever (visible in the videos as a second lever moving back and forth in front of the Control Lever) and the corresponding position of the Cam that's moving it are depicted to the left.

The Planet Sprocket with its attached Pendulum, the Chassis and the Sun Sprocket are all free to rotate in the following schematic diagrams, presented as an animation....

By linking the Standing Lever to the Control Lever the mechanism's position can be synchronized with the position of the Control Lever at all points around 360 degrees.
    Last edited by Aemilius; 12-24-2012 at 03:23 PM.