My first Bedini SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Bedini SG

This is the first Bedini SG that I made 12~13 years ago. Originally, it ran on a 9v alkaline radio battery and the transistor was a mps8099 as shown in the old drawings - this was around the time that Jeane Manning put out her Atlantis Rising article "The Attractions of Magnetism".

When I first built this, I used these drawings as my guide - I think Keelynet was the first place these may have been posted online:

Click image for larger version

Name:	john-bedini-sg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	50856

Click image for larger version

Name:	john-bedini-sg2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	50855

Notice in the second drawing the ground symbol at the bottom is not just ground but is Earth ground - meaning connect that ground to a rod in the Earth.

I didn't even know what a transistor was at the time so I basically just got the components and wire and connected everything by laying it out on the board and when you looked at the circuit, it actually looked like the schematic. If you're a beginner, you can see that you don't even have to know what you're doing to make the wheel spin, literally. There have been plenty of engineers with a serious background in electronics that couldn't even get the wheel to spin so don't feel bad if you're a beginner and don't get it to work on the first try.

The pink wheel was from a $3 or so pair of roller skates from the Goodwill so cost wasn't an excuse to not do this.

Every 90 degrees are a double stack of 3/8" neo magnets. Should use ceramics, but this is just what I did for that model. With another identical wheel with magnets every 120 degrees, that actually ran faster than having them every 90 degrees.

Before this SG, John recommended that I build the Hammel Spinner using his North Gate ring and I played with that for probably 2 months before I even started to build this SG. The Hammel Spinner with the North Gate seems really simple but there are actually countless experiments that can be done with it. It is really worth doing.

Anyway, I just remember when I spun the wheel and it started to speed up - it worked on the first try and I was hooked! I performed hundreds of experiments with this SG and did that for many months before I ever cared about charging batteries. Learned a whole lot more about the nature of it that way. I had different coils wrapped around the wheel on the axle testing different things, a second parallel shaft with a second wheel with magnets spinning that wheel by magnetic coupling, slid ring magnets over the shaft and pushed it towards the wheel, that way I could increase or decrease the strength of the field at the wheel. I didn't do any serious tests on that but I was able to get it to speed up or slow down simply by placing a magnet on the shaft. Sitting there with it long enough with that pulsed magnetic field also influences consciousness.

For example (in regards to sliding magnets over the shaft), after seeing the magnetic field drawing of the "scalar" south poking out between the magnets that John showed way later, well, if you put a ring magnet with the south facing the wheel and did that from both sides of the shaft, you are seriously increasing the strength of that south field poking out, which is attracted to the north field on the coil (attraction mode).

If you're a beginner, then there are plenty of things to learn from on a basic SG without ever getting to charging batteries yet. I'm not recommending anything specific, just showing where I started with the Bedini SG.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    This is the first Bedini SG that I made 12~13 years ago. Originally, it ran on a 9v alkaline radio battery and the transistor was a mps8099 as shown in the old drawings - this was around the time that Jeane Manning put out her Atlantis Rising article "The Attractions of Magnetism".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]809[/ATTACH]

When I first built this, I used these drawings as my guide - I think Keelynet was the first place these may have been posted online:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]813[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]812[/ATTACH]

Notice in the second drawing the ground symbol at the bottom is not just ground but is Earth ground - meaning connect that ground to a rod in the Earth.

I didn't even know what a transistor was at the time so I basically just got the components and wire and connected everything by laying it out on the board and when you looked at the circuit, it actually looked like the schematic. If you're a beginner, you can see that you don't even have to know what you're doing to make the wheel spin, literally. There have been plenty of engineers with a serious background in electronics that couldn't even get the wheel to spin so don't feel bad if you're a beginner and don't get it to work on the first try.

The pink wheel was from a $3 or so pair of roller skates from the Goodwill so cost wasn't an excuse to not do this.

Every 90 degrees are a double stack of 3/8" neo magnets. Should use ceramics, but this is just what I did for that model. With another identical wheel with magnets every 120 degrees, that actually ran faster than having them every 90 degrees.

Before this SG, John recommended that I build the Hammel Spinner using his North Gate ring and I played with that for probably 2 months before I even started to build this SG. The Hammel Spinner with the North Gate seems really simple but there are actually countless experiments that can be done with it. It is really worth doing.

Anyway, I just remember when I spun the wheel and it started to speed up - it worked on the first try and I was hooked! I performed hundreds of experiments with this SG and did that for many months before I ever cared about charging batteries. Learned a whole lot more about the nature of it that way. I had different coils wrapped around the wheel on the axle testing different things, a second parallel shaft with a second wheel with magnets spinning that wheel by magnetic coupling, slid ring magnets over the shaft and pushed it towards the wheel, that way I could increase or decrease the strength of the field at the wheel. I didn't do any serious tests on that but I was able to get it to speed up or slow down simply by placing a magnet on the shaft. Sitting there with it long enough with that pulsed magnetic field also influences consciousness.

For example (in regards to sliding magnets over the shaft), after seeing the magnetic field drawing of the "scalar" south poking out between the magnets that John showed way later, well, if you put a ring magnet with the south facing the wheel and did that from both sides of the shaft, you are seriously increasing the strength of that south field poking out, which is attracted to the north field on the coil (attraction mode).

If you're a beginner, then there are plenty of things to learn from on a basic SG without ever getting to charging batteries yet. I'm not recommending anything specific, just showing where I started with the Bedini SG.
    Thanks for posting this Aaron, there are at least 100 things you can do with a "vanilla SG" but people rush in and build big multi coil machines and become frustrated. over on the monopole groups we asked people to do 20 runs with a standard vanilla SG before they were allowed to advance. it made a lot of people angry and many left. those that stuck it out, learned a lot about batteries, and by the time they were done they were seeing cop over 1 plus the mechanical on the wheel.

the most basic thing to learn is how to tune the coil to the battery, this shows up in charging 1 for 1 with a bit left over in the primary battery when tuned correctly , more joules out than in. only load testing shows this with good batteries, batteries are half of the system.

there are so many things you can do a list will be good to put up, I think I will work on one.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

What is a Vanilla SSG?

Tom C & Aaron, and others.

Thanks for the posts, good to know that the SSG GURUS also started from scratch at some time are so inspiring! and leave us/me with much hope.

What is a Vanilla SSG?

@ All You guys, please please please remember a lot of us on this forum now and those to still join did not belong to the Yahoo groups for whatever the reason, and do/did not have access to the knowledge/information you now have (and maybe hold for granted), so please when explaining things asked by members please consider this and be more descriptive with answers to a possible solution for questions asked. Maybe also one reason why guys don’t go all the way with their builds and leave. There is not enough time and in my cases brains left to go through all the posts and remember it all.

I understand a lot of the SSG terminology is called different names by different people and is part of the problem, can we maybe setup a “Fact sheet” that explains what very thing is? (maybe it sound ludicrous now but will help in the long run) and maybe build on the fact sheet as we go !

Also a basic “Facts Sheet“ about the SSG itself for example,

FACT
      The trigger wire goes to the Primary battery negative!
      Short description why, or a link to where it was answered

FACT
      The start wires on the coils go to the transistor collector

Next fact:
      ±AWG 18 gauge wire is primarily used for 24v systems ?

Next fact:
      Use MJL21449 transistor –

This will help to standardize builds with less problems and deviation !

My case, I read the Chapter 6.pdf document and start building the Ron Pugh charger/energizer December 2011, I now have a half built charger/energizer and also a lot of questions, (and actually don’t really have the in-depth basics that the guys have that started building the normal SSG like you have although I understand the gist of it without the hands on experience)

Any suggestions as where I need to go from here?

What is the difference between an Energizer and a Charger? (JB calls some Energizer and another Charger) (another one for the fact sheet)

Any suggestions where to go from here, I have 8 x 170 amp Telco AGM batteries that needs to get charged or I am going to lose them,

Sorry for all the yakking, (think I’m the least to carry on like this, just think it might help.)

Thanks Guys

Theuns
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Prinsloo; 10-03-2012, 03:02 AM.
      Hey !
      WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !
      JUST THINK ABOUT IT . . .

Comment

@ Tom

Absolutely! I even used it with a coil wrapped around rotor/axle to pulse some red LED's for healing purposes (speeding healing of cuts) - it's really a universal machine for so many things.

Of course for practical battery charging applications we need to make them big and I'm not going to power my home with a roller skate wheel, but it was one of the greatest learning tools ever - still have it sitting on the bookshelf in my office.

----------------------------

@ Prinsloo

Vanilla just being the plain school girl with no recovery. Just the wheel spinning as a learning toy about how it switches, etc...

The "vanilla" SG is not the same as an SSG - the main difference simply being that the SSG has a diode from the bottom of the coil to a battery to charge it up.

The Plain Jane version of the SG is that first hand drawn diagram by John I posted (without any recovery).

Before it was SSG (simplified school girl) - the (non simple) method was to have a 3rd recovery winding that went through a bridge to charge a cap. When the cap was charged to x voltage, then a pully with a cam lobe would hit some mechanical points to discharge that cap to a battery to get charged. That was what I built after the pink roller skate wheel. Bedini's diagram on that was called the "Dual Battery Charger". So instead of an extra recovery winding, just putting a diode at the bottom of the coil is all you need to take that spike straight to a battery for charging - hence (simplified school girl). Simplified over the recovery winding cap charging method.

Peter and I are actually working on a SG book that will help to take people from A to Z in an expedient fashion. That isn't a substitute for the support you can get from people like Tom and the others but it will give people a specific path to walk instead of wondering what to do first. It is scheduled for release in the middle of November and possibly sooner.

I think most of those questions you have are answered in the other threads.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Impedience change

Here John and I are Showing the Alum battery on a monopole and the fast charge rate and impedience change. The alum batteries charged to a point within 3 minutes that the capacitive dump halted and charged the batteries up to a little over 15v in a fast time. John and I explain this in the video. I thought this information may be helpfull to the new people just getting in to this. Thanks for watching.

Chuck Hupp

Comment

S.-Peterburg, Russian. 2012.

My second Bedini SG

Comment

the Vanilla SG experiment list

here is a start of what I have been thinking about for an experiment list with the basic bifilar coil SG circuit.

first read the patents, understand what is being done in the circuit. then read up on transistors, pnp and npn, diodes, and resistors and caps. understand how all these components function. then learn about transformers, and electromagnets, why the right hand rule is so important in this circuit.

1- you must be able to get 1 to 1 charging, understanding what that takes. this is done by looking at the nature of each component in the circuit:

a- the mechanical aspects of the energiser.
              b- how the coil interacts with the batteries, and why is the negative splitting the batteries instead of being isolated in the circuit.
              c- draw the circuit out and look at each step in the cycle of events that drives the circuit
              d- learn all about batteries, how is impedance related to charging, how it relates to each side of the circuit, and how the coil interacts with both the batteries.
              e- learn what limits flow in a circuit, and what limits radiant flow
              f- learn the nature of the radiant spike, what it does to circuits and how to channel it
              g- how does a transistor work, and what makes the trigger do its work in the transistor, and where does that trigger voltage go?
              h- be able to explain how the trigger circuit functions
              i what does the magnet do, and why we dont use neo magnets, and why we dont want extremely powerful magnets on the monopole

ok that is a good start, here are some other experiments you can do

2- learn how to switch this circuit with a separate trigger coil, a hall switch, an opto switch with a timing disk or drive it with the wind circuit
              3- learn how to back pop the primary or secondary battery with either a mechanical switch or a cap pulser circuit
              4- is there any way to harvest the mechanical from the rotor?
              5- what kind of genny coil can I put on the SG without impeding the function and charging
              6- what kind of mechanical load actually improves charging
              7- look at JBs patents and how they relate to the SG, how can you simply change a few components to make charging even better.
              8- how do you get all of the radiant to the charge battery AND the primary battery.
              9- add one wire to your coil and one transistor and do branch circuit experiments
              10- just how many batteries can I add on the back end? how to do it?
              11-

that list will keep most people busy for a year at least....

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Way of the winding and material for the coil

Faced with an interesting feature, I hope to be useful to the repetition of the SSG.

Coil №1: the diameter of 95 mm, height 91 mm, in the center of 16 mm, number of turns w=100 turns of the four pairs (eight wires). When connecting consistently total number of turns is 400.

Used wire twisted-pair (English-twisted pair, guide in isolation, the outer plastic shell is removed, the protective screen deleted:

* diameter with insulation D=1.3 mm
                * wire diameter d=0,47 mm
                * material, alloy made from copper
                * turns W=400 turns
                * the radius of the winding winding from the center of b=35 mm
                * winding resistance R=10.
                * inductance L= 15,4 mH

Why use twisted-pair? The idea was to experience a special connection бифиллярных windings to meet each other and see how undergoing high-voltage pulses.

Coil №2: the diameter of 63 mm, height of 95 mm, in the center of 13.5 mm, number of turns w=500 turns of copper wire is covered with varnish with the insulator of silk.

* diameter with insulation D=0.9 mm
                * wire diameter d1=0.8 mm (power)
                * wire diameter d2=0.3 mm (management)
                * material, of copper
                * turns W=500 turns
                * the radius of the winding winding from the center of b=24 mm
                * winding resistance R=a 2.7 Ohms
                * inductance L= 11,8 mH

Tests:
                Coil №1 in the SSG is not earned. The wheel after a rotation stopped. High-voltage impulses scheme generated when passing magnet over the core. However, the magnetic phenomena are not enough to maintain the rotation.

Coil №2 in the motor SSG well earned. The wheel spun around 20 hours of battery 12 V, 3 A*H.

Began to feel the push of a permanent magnet from the core when applied to the coil power from a DC source. The magnet on a close location to the core could not kick in the Coil №1 Prevailed attraction of iron to a magnet. At a greater distance repulsion poorly expressed and therefore lacked the force pulse for rotation.

The Coil №2 was well expressed by the repulsion on virtually any distance to the core with a current in the coil.

Dr.. Bedini engine in the film and Assembly instructions SSG warned that it is very important to repeat the dimensions of the coil, conductor material, the direction of the windings and magnetic material adequacy General categorization of the core.

Colleagues, be accurate in the repetition of the motor-generator SSG!!!

Results:

Motor-generator worked about 20 hours;
                used lead batteries 12V, 4.5 A*H;
                The first battery spun the wheel and loaded the second;

Now you need to remove the charge/discharge characteristics of the system of charging the engine-generator.

The list of measuring instruments:
                1. Multimeter MS8222H,dimension L inductance.
                2. Multimeter UT60G,the measurement of R resistance.
                Last edited by askfind; 10-17-2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by askfind View Post

My second Bedini SG

Are you using bifillar wiring in your coil and what is the size of wire? Where is your primary battery? I am very interested to duplicate your SG.

Thanks
                  Last edited by lis_wang; 03-13-2013, 06:56 PM. Reason: The link directed me to another video in youtube. My post is regarding to the other video in youtube and it is not related to the topic. Sorry for that

Comment

Originally posted by askfind View Post

My second Bedini SG

Hello! Not even bad, but 20 hours is not an indicator, we need a more accurate measurement ratio of useful energy .. How to use the primary battery for 20 hours?, And how much and what kind of battery capacity able to charge for this time? Thank you!

Comment

Greetings everyone...
                      Looks like this thread was no longer active...but i just want to ask something to anyone, specially to aaron who had started to learn this technology by build the bedini sg...
                      do you (or anyone) got the perform of bedini sg just like what the original sg running? (if i wasn't mistake, shawnee's machine run on 5 days at 4000 rpm)...
                      i want to learn this tech by build the bedini sg first. i hope my paypal acc activated within 2-3days ahead, so i can buy the bedini trilogy, and start the journey...
                      anyway, sory for my english, as it was'nt my primary languange...
                      thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X