Some help with high voltage reactor electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help with high voltage reactor electronics

I need to power a reactor with these characteristics: 1st anode 30KV - 0.5-2.2mA - 10kHz

2nd anode 30KV - 0.5-2.2mA - 60kHz What crystals can I use for frequency modulation? This is probably done with tranformers ... but I need some clues on what parts I will need!
    Last edited by tachyon; 11-17-2012, 10:38 AM.

no help .. thanks a lot.. is this possible with flyback tranformers?
    Last edited by tachyon; 11-08-2012, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Hi Tachyon

Yes , you could use flyback transformers . Just use an oscillator to switch the output drive transistor ( or mosfet ) at the frequency you require.
      The frequencies that you mention are rather low for direct crystal control , you could either use a clock divider ic or better still an Arduino based control.

ron_o

Comment

Ok so if I take an old CRT transformer then I can use a clock divider IC at the 10kHz output and create the frequency 60kHz that I want?

And another thing for another reactor I want to seperate positive half from a sinusoidal waveform of 5kV 10kHz to send to cathode number 1 and then take the negative half waveform from the same waveform and send it to cathode number 2. How can I do that?
        Last edited by tachyon; 11-29-2012, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Hi Tachyon

just take two high voltage rectifiers , connect the anode connection of rectifier number one to the cathode of rectifier number two . This will give you :-

cathode anode joint cathode anode , simply connect the 5kv to the "joint" then take off the positive and negative 5 kv pulsed half wave rectified voltage from the cathode and anode . The other wire from the transformer is the "common" connection

ron

Comment

Working...
          X