Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird anomaly.

Hi everyone,

I wasnt exactly sure where to post this so if I've put it in the wrong place I want to apolagise beforehand.

Ive been playing with nicad batteries with the ssg for a while now and have been experiencing some
    impressive results but over a year ago I built a motor with a large 18 transistor circuit and 3 coils. It wasnt quite built to spec as I was using a 5" rotor with 4 ceramic magnets.

At one point I had 4-18volt batteries connected to the output of the motor and would charge the 4
    nicads in under 1 hour. Near the end of the charge I noticed that some of the neons were starting to come on, probably because I was approaching 90volts on the output. The components remained cold so I wasnt too concerned. Also the batteries were cold too.

I decided to turn the big light off in the room to get a picture of the neons lit up. Suddenly all the neons went out. When I switched the light back on again they all came back on again. This was not a few seconds later but soon as the light went out as quick as I could flip the switch back again, the same thing happened everytime.

Id read somewhere that the high voltage spike can take energy from artificial sources as well as
    from natural but wasnt 100% sure as I dont own a scope.

I woundered if anyone else had come across anything like this before?

Oliver

Originally posted by Oliver View Post
    Hi everyone,

I wasnt exactly sure where to post this so if I've put it in the wrong place I want to apolagise beforehand.

Ive been playing with nicad batteries with the ssg for a while now and have been experiencing some
    impressive results but over a year ago I built a motor with a large 18 transistor circuit and 3 coils. It wasnt quite built to spec as I was using a 5" rotor with 4 ceramic magnets.

At one point I had 4-18volt batteries connected to the output of the motor and would charge the 4
    nicads in under 1 hour. Near the end of the charge I noticed that some of the neons were starting to come on, probably because I was approaching 90volts on the output. The components remained cold so I wasnt too concerned. Also the batteries were cold too.

I decided to turn the big light off in the room to get a picture of the neons lit up. Suddenly all the neons went out. When I switched the light back on again they all came back on again. This was not a few seconds later but soon as the light went out as quick as I could flip the switch back again, the same thing happened everytime.

Id read somewhere that the high voltage spike can take energy from artificial sources as well as
    from natural but wasnt 100% sure as I dont own a scope.

I woundered if anyone else had come across anything like this before?

Oliver
    Hi Oliver,
    Repeat your experiment in another location ..to be double sure of what you observed...based on the out come you can conclude some real anomaly is at play..
    Strange indeed!
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Thanks for the reply Faraday ).

Ive since made quite a few changes to it and improvements along the way. It happened quite while ago so never got a chance to get some advise on about it. At the time I thought it was so crazy I had to go and have a lie down.

I'll never forget it though...its right up there with getting hit on the head by a pidgeon.

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
      Hi Oliver,
      Repeat your experiment in another location ..to be double sure of what you observed...based on the out come you can conclude some real anomaly is at play..
      Strange indeed!
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Oliver,
        You are Welcome!
        Just it struck me to ask you... are you running the ssg on a wall powered DC power supply....???? if yes than what you have observed can be explained... The earthing to a DC power supply (SMSPS) can play havoc if it is not set correct, by correct i mean the Phase (HOT) to neutral (N) Voltage should not exceed 2-3V if it does, than you have a poor Earthing, and this is culprit for the major Conducted Emission of EMI in your electronics.. i guess what may be happening in your test case is that when you turn on the room light this 'floating Potential' Earthing gets diminished in the presence of a load( light bulb) which is now powered, when you switch off the room light the floating Potential is back and is seen as a glow in your Neon bulb... yes the glow is not because of the ssg as you have a Battery hooked across the out put.
        let me know what you think.. the neon bulb glow test is one of the best way to see/feel the Radiant.. if you set the Trigger portion of the SSG you will see the neon bulb glow all over the parts of the ssg machine.. even at metal parts firmly in contact with NONCONDUCTING surfaces, in the vicinity of the machine the transistor body, acid smeared surface along the battery body ect.. (JB shows this in one of his DVDs) I have personally seen this in my experiments as well. the neon bulb is an extremely sensitive device to visually detect Electrostatic Field/ the Radiant, there are degrees to which the Low pressure Neon gas inside it undergoes Luminescence at low electric Fields and it is this luminescence that reveals the presence of the Radiant.
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        Last edited by Faraday88; 07-29-2015, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Hi Faraday,

Thanks again for the reply. Interesting but although I have run from wallpoint however in this case I
          was running off battery 12v 12AH.

I did feel the very strong presence of Radiant in the vicinity around the motor, like static. I also discovered that it really didnt like the negative output lead being anywhere near the Positive output lead. I got into a habbit of tuning the motors with an AM radio.

Hi Oliver,
          You are Welcome!
          Just it struck me to ask you... are you running the ssg on a wall powered DC power supply....???? if yes than what you have observed can be explained... The earthing to a DC power supply (SMSPS) can play havoc if it is not set correct, by correct i mean the Phase (HOT) to neutral (N) Voltage should not exceed 2-3V if it does, than you have a poor Earthing, and this is culprit for the major Conducted Emission of EMI in your electronics.. i guess what may be happening in your test case is that when you turn on the room light this 'floating Potential' Earthing gets diminished in the presence of a load( light bulb) which is now powered, when you switch off the room light the floating Potential is back and is seen as a glow in your Neon bulb... yes the glow is not because of the ssg as you have a Battery hooked across the out put.
          let me know what you think.. the neon bulb glow test is one of the best way to see/feel the Radiant.. if you set the Trigger portion of the SSG you will see the neon bulb glow all over the parts of the ssg machine.. even at metal parts firmly in contact with NONCONDUCTING surfaces, in the vicinity of the machine the transistor body, acid smeared surface along the battery body ect.. (JB shows this in one of his DVDs) I have personally seen this in my experiments as well. the neon bulb is an extremely sensitive device to visually detect Electrostatic Field/ the Radiant, there are degrees to which the Low pressure Neon gas inside it undergoes Luminescence at low electric Fields and it is this luminescence that reveals the presence of the Radiant.
          Rgds,
          Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Faraday,

Thanks again for the reply. Interesting but although I have run from wallpoint however in this case I
            was running off battery 12v 12AH.

I did feel the very strong presence of Radiant in the vicinity around the motor, like static. I also discovered that it really didnt like the negative output lead being anywhere near the Positive output lead. I got into a habbit of tuning the motors with an AM radio.
            Hi Oliver,

Very Fascinating !!!! you seems to have a real some sort of Paranormal thing happening if i may call it so... can you share a video of this in the group here.. worth investigating man!!!
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Faraday,

I don't have the same setup now It happened a while back, I wasn't terribly impressed with it
              so I rebuilt it. I did take some pics of it while it was setup at the time but I'll have to dig around for them.
              I've not checked weather it can do it again since. Id probably need a much higher voltage on the back end then what Ive got on there at the minute. At the moment I'm paralleling up 3 nicads which are able to power a 12v 10watt light for hours at a time before they start to die.

This thing is pretty potent now I'm using ferrite fragments in the core which I mixed into a solution.

I did actually think it was the supply but then it occured to me it was running off battery.

It would be just my luck to have fetched something in from the 5th dimension.

)

Hi Oliver,

Very Fascinating !!!! you seems to have a real some sort of Paranormal thing happening if i may call it so... can you share a video of this in the group here.. worth investigating man!!!
              Rgds,
              Faraday88.

Comment

I have seen this behavior too. I never mentioned it before but if you take my word for it I can second that it does happen. When I saw it I was using one of my small solid state single transistor setups to charge small cells.

I will see if I can get a video of it. you can reproduce it in a different way. Without having anything on the back end you tune the device to where it is on but the neon is not lit, very low. If you shine a flashlight at the neon it will light up. It suggests to me that the light helps excite the neon gas IF it is already very close to reaction in the first place.

*EDIT*
                Adding video

When I observed this the first time it was as Oliver decribed, turning on the lights and turning them off again and the neon would go on and off. This example just stays on because I did not finely tune it to be so reactive. You would have to find the balance point to get them to turn back off but believe me you can if you adjust it just so.

Link:
                https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzmftzD-V0mhWQWBeFjxFsoJ31P
                Last edited by BobZilla; 11-13-2016, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
                  I have seen this behavior too. I never mentioned it before but if you take my word for it I can second that it does happen. When I saw it I was using one of my small solid state single transistor setups to charge small cells.

I will see if I can get a video of it. you can reproduce it in a different way. Without having anything on the back end you tune the device to where it is on but the neon is not lit, very low. If you shine a flashlight at the neon it will light up. It suggests to me that the light helps excite the neon gas IF it is already very close to reaction in the first place.

*EDIT*
                  Adding video

When I observed this the first time it was as Oliver decribed, turning on the lights and turning them off again and the neon would go on and off. This example just stays on because I did not finely tune it to be so reactive. You would have to find the balance point to get them to turn back off but believe me you can if you adjust it just so.

Link:
                  http://1drv.ms/1IEbErw

Hi Oliver/ Bobzila,

Very fascinating Effect indeed, i did not know Photo-ionization/ excitation could be affected with an Incandescent flash lamp in the way Bobzila has shown!!. i suggest you guys to use UV light (LED based),with this you may be able to exit the Neon Plasma with more sensitivity.... Bobzila : did you try to trigger the neon glow just by touching the bulb body in you set up? i see in your video that you had to get too close to the neon bulb to cause the excitation
                  Oliver claims to have had some thing (Battery of-course )hooked to the back end and whilst get the Neon to glow.. this is impossible effect unless the battery there is highly sulfated or that a Capacitor hooked there is fully charged.
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Bobzilla, Faraday,

Hey Bob, thanks for the video, that was amazing to see. I'm so glad I'm not ready for the padded cell.

I had another previous motor mechanical setup with a couple of 2n3o55's where I could get one of the neons to light by touching
                    the outer case of one of the transistors. Almost as if it was grounding off me. I tried not to do it too often because it would result in a painful zap. I'm using a couple of 13007's in it these days.

Your video's pretty impressive though

*EDIT*
                    Adding video

Link:
                    http://1drv.ms/1IEbErw

Comment

Hi Faraday,

I don't have the same setup now It happened a while back, I wasn't terribly impressed with it
                      so I rebuilt it. I did take some pics of it while it was setup at the time but I'll have to dig around for them.
                      I've not checked weather it can do it again since. Id probably need a much higher voltage on the back end then what Ive got on there at the minute. At the moment I'm paralleling up 3 nicads which are able to power a 12v 10watt light for hours at a time before they start to die.

This thing is pretty potent now I'm using ferrite fragments in the core which I mixed into a solution.

I did actually think it was the supply but then it occured to me it was running off battery.

It would be just my luck to have fetched something in from the 5th dimension.

)
                      Hi Bob,

Your video was great!

I guess you could say "You were shining a little on the subject"! LOL

Comment

Thanks Gary/everyone.

It should be said for new comers DO NOT TRY THIS with your systems! You will quickly burn up your transistor and curse me for weeks. If you understand what you saw then try at your own risk but there is a real potential of frying your rig.

Hi Oliver/ Bobzila,

Very fascinating Effect indeed, i did not know Photo-ionization/ excitation could be affected with an Incandescent flash lamp in the way Bobzila has shown!!. i suggest you guys to use UV light (LED based),with this you may be able to exit the Neon Plasma with more sensitivity.... Bobzila : did you try to trigger the neon glow just by touching the bulb body in you set up? i see in your video that you had to get too close to the neon bulb to cause the excitation
                        Oliver claims to have had some thing (Battery of-course )hooked to the back end and whilst get the Neon to glow.. this is impossible effect unless the battery there is highly sulfated or that a Capacitor hooked there is fully charged.
                        Rgds,
                        Faraday88.
                        I did not fine tune that, it was an improvised setup to show that the effect is real and repeatable. I did not put anything on the back so that I could create the conditions to "load" the neon. When this happens during a charge cycle there are a few conditions that need to be met. Either you have more voltage on the back than the neon needs to light or you have a short via sulphation or otherwise. What is happening is the neon is there to give the energy a path in the event of the charge path failing (the charge destination) Well if you have a short or too high of voltage the neon will light because it prefers that path. By not providing the path in my example I was charging the neon to just under ignition, probably about 70 volts. The light shined at it charges the neon a bit more and ignites it. I do not know exactly why but we do know that light is energy so I don't think to hard on it.

Anyway the sensitivity is just a matter of how close you have charged that circuit to the point of ignition. I have seen it so sensitive that in a room with the light on neon is lit, if I moved in front of the circuit and cast a shadow accross the neon it would go out, without turning off the room light. It is just a balance point that occours, i did not bother to diddle with it to that level in the quick little video, I was just validation Olivers observations.

On a side note:
                        A similar transfer of energy can be observed in diodes. LED's will do it for sure but also regular diodes will produce energy if slammed with photons. It is not very powerful but it is there and that little margin is what we are using in the example to trigger the neon's ignition.
                        Last edited by BobZilla; 08-03-2015, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks Gary/everyone.

It should be said for new comers DO NOT TRY THIS with your systems! You will quickly burn up your transistor and curse me for weeks. If you understand what you saw then try at your own risk but there is a real potential of frying your rig.

I did not fine tune that, it was an improvised setup to show that the effect is real and repeatable. I did not put anything on the back so that I could create the conditions to "load" the neon. When this happens during a charge cycle there are a few conditions that need to be met. Either you have more voltage on the back than the neon needs to light or you have a short via sulphation or otherwise. What is happening is the neon is there to give the energy a path in the event of the charge path failing (the charge destination) Well if you have a short or too high of voltage the neon will light because it prefers that path. By not providing the path in my example I was charging the neon to just under ignition, probably about 70 volts. The light shined at it charges the neon a bit more and ignites it. I do not know exactly why but we do know that light is energy so I don't think to hard on it.

Anyway the sensitivity is just a matter of how close you have charged that circuit to the point of ignition. I have seen it so sensitive that in a room with the light on neon is lit, if I moved in front of the circuit and cast a shadow accross the neon it would go out, without turning off the room light. It is just a balance point that occours, i did not bother to diddle with it to that level in the quick little video, I was just validation Olivers observations.

On a side note:
                          A similar transfer of energy can be observed in diodes. LED's will do it for sure but also regular diodes will produce energy if slammed with photons. It is not very powerful but it is there and that little margin is what we are using in the example to trigger the neon's ignition.

Hi Bobzila,

Request you to share us your Neon-excitor circuit...if you wish to share please...
                          Rgds,
                          Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Bobzila,

Request you to share us your Neon-excitor circuit...if you wish to share please...
                            Rgds,
                            Faraday88.
                            It's just a normal SG circuit running in solid state, meaning the trigger is force fed from the primary. You could not see in the video but that board is just glued on top of small a bi-filer coil. I built it years ago but as I recall it is about 35 feet of 23AWG wire.

Comment

It's just a normal SG circuit running in solid state, meaning the trigger is force fed from the primary. You could not see in the video but that board is just glued on top of small a bi-filer coil. I built it years ago but as I recall it is about 35 feet of 23AWG wire.
                              I'm just baffled by this 'Force feeding' of the trigger could please elaborate what exactly it means to Force trigger the SG..
                              Rgds,
                              Faraday88.

Comment

Working...
                              X