No announcement yet.

Copper- Magnesium- Crystal Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay here is an update. These cells have been running now for over a week non-stop. The updated photo is taken on the down cycle ... this is as low as it gets. After awhile it will shoot back up on both the voltage and the amperage. It goes back up to about 2.60 volts and 1.2 mA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-09 19.41.10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	44896

Comment

Okay, taking a cell apart ... this is one that was made at the same time and running under load ... the other cells are still up and running the led bank with no loss. I also would like to add, I do not add water to keep the cells energized. It needs to pull it out of the air if it is using H20, I will be running them in a vacuum soon to observe what happens and will post the results.

Name:	2012-10-11 07.08.59.jpg
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	44908 Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-11 07.09.11.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	44909 Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-11 07.52.06.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	44910

As you can see some very interesting things as I was hoping. The dark ring is iron oxide from the steel core, this is a by product and it is not what is coating the Mg. I will leave you in suspence for now. When applying the voltage meter you can see the volts coming through the on the cell, it will go up beyond .5 volts ... it is hard not the scratch the surface and break through though and when that happens nothing. I will update more as it continues.

- Thermal properties -

Without a calorie chamber hard to get a presise measurement, but the when the cells are running they opperate almost 1 degree cooler then the room temperature. When they are warmed up yes they produce more energy. The ambient temperature is about 23c in the lab.

Currios if anyone else has this thin coating occuring in their cell? Why do you have that? Now what can you do with that? Do you think the Mg will diminish? because of oxidization? No.
      Last edited by nickle989; 10-12-2012, 08:05 PM. Reason: Updated info Oct 12

Comment

Here are the cells taken apart. As you can see the voltage coming accross is at 1.64 volts. I then load it with a 100 ohm resistor and a 20 ohm resistor (not at the same time) the voltage is 0.005 volts and the 0.2 millamps ... it is the same with both resistors. And it will just stay there. If you take the load off the voltage jumps back in about 1 - 2 secs.

Name:	2012-10-11 10.29.04.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	44911 Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-11 10.54.10.jpg
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	44912

Comment

Here is another update.

Using a silver andode instead of the copper anode. The performance is not as good in the long run.

I then used a 90% sterling silver anode (silver and copper) The performance is better then just a straight copper anode, but not enough I think to make differance for the price.

Comment

Okay, I have now put a the John Bedini earth light circuit on, I am only using 1 battery, before it used to take two to get an Led to light up. Will post the results when it runs out or in a couple of days ... what ever comes first.

The first batteries and Led bank are still running at the same voltage and current as the last post. I do not see them stopping at this point.

Comment

Update on few things, I have have running mix 5 for awhile now. One of the problems that I found with my cell is that it only ran with the earth light circuit for a few hours, with good illumination, then it went out. As most cells are constanstly changing their impedance values away must be devised to compensate easily. My cells seem to find their own impedance match to the LED's, the cell works in such a way that it does not want to create power in excess, like most I am thinking. In these photo's I am using a carbon rod anode / specially formed Mg cathode and a copper wire impedance ballancing circuit (8 ohm resistor) connected between the carbon rod and the copper wire. The earth light circuit now stays active and it LED is bright. I am using a LUX meter at a set distance to measure the power with and with out the circuit, the metering change the balance of the circuit when left connected or even used. This setup has been now running for the last 4 days with no loss and infact a small gain since it found its balanced.

Name:	2012-10-17 15.12.49.jpg
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	44937 Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-17 15.12.58.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	44938 Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-17 15.13.06.jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	44939

Name:	2012-10-17 15.13.14.jpg
ID:	44940Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-17 15.14.16.jpg
ID:	44941 The first is the combined voltage and then the voltage at the resistor.

Comment

127 Lux at 1 inch
                .637 mV - Voltage without self impedance matching
                - dimming
                - 30 Lux at 1 inch without self impedance matching

As you can see it does not the voltage loss is not great but it sure makes a difference to end result.

Comment

okay here is some imaging - this the surface of the Mg after forming and being in use ... this cell was taken apart after 3 weeks of continuos use and was still working

Name:	2012-10-26 12.30.05.jpg
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	44969

Name:	3-260-region 2-edge.jpg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	44970

Name:	30.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	44971

Name:	260.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	44972

Name:	1020.jpg
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	44973

The very light areas are not absorbing any electrons from the scope, the dark area circles/pockets - I call them energy aborbing pockets-are void of anything - spectrum analisys- vacuum if you want -as the imagery is done inside a vacuum - this a 3 layer formation - i do not have each layer formation at this time.
                  Last edited by nickle989; 10-26-2012, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Okay, here is an update, the batteries continue to function.
                    I added water to some of them to see about more energy output, it certainly did for a few days, but they started to grow crystals out, I did have to turn the heat on so this has made a difference along with the water. I do have a set that have not been touched and they are connected (4cell) to a 3 Led light and are left on continously(hallway light). I also put a small variation of the mix against a 3v lithium ion battery from a flickering tea light that lasted 6 days the 3 cell variation mix is still going strong, I used 2 flickering led's. I am quite happy with the performance. In the next post I will put the mix's that I am using.

Comment

MIX 1

Alum - 2 parts
                      Epson Salt - 1.5 parts
                      Sodium Silcate (n) - 1 part
                      Distilled Water - .5 to 1 part
                      Perlite - 3 parts (you can go more but need to watch the consistancy of the mix)

Mix the sodium sicate in last - as the mixture cools you will need to stir it up gentally once the mixture is cool and pasty you can then add it to your cell, you will see a small bubbling reaction. Leave the cells alone for about 1/2 hour, then apply a polarity charge with, only a second or so, allow the cell to remain for about 2 hours then connect a load, you will need 3-4 cells for good use on an led, once the load is connected don't disconnect it takes to long to recover, it wants the load. It allows will reach its own non-equalibriam state when left alone, this will cause it to have small occillations internally from the various minerals. What I want is a battery that does not create internal heat when under load, what you should find is the cell will run about 1/2 to 1 degree cooler then the abiant temp.

You will also have to find the right Led's, not the super brights as they have to much resistance, I have found that the solar ones work quite nice or the el'cheapo led light from the Dollar Store.

So why Perlite it absorbs water somewhat but has lots of surface area and when you look at the make-up of it you will see the other minerals that make it up. The first layer around the Mg is to stop the corrosion from happening further,the next layers are to form a moist coating with it finally expanding to the Cu cystalizing along the way and stabalizing it.

Mix 2
                      Same as Mix 1 but add in 1.5 parts Spodumene - again look at its make up and what is trying to be achieved here

Comment

Okay an update, after months and months of running I added distilled water to bring the cell's up to their original brightness. The dry winter months really sucked out the moisture. If sealed this would not be an issue and will be the next test. What is really amazing is how bright it is in complete darkness or even partial darkness. I have had no trouble reading with the light. As a night light for the kids I have had no better. As a night light in the shop again no better. The results in my opinion are pretty exceptional for a battery. The cells may not have the great power output like an alkaline or a nimh but they certainly have the longevity and a very even power distribution. These cells could certainly used as a charging source for larger batteries, yes it would take longer to charge but really who cares.

Thanks John for sparking interest and sharing. Cheers!
                        Last edited by nickle989; 03-02-2013, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nickle989 View Post
                          Okay an update, after months and months of running I added distilled water to bring the cell's up to their original brightness. The dry winter months really sucked out the moisture. If sealed this would not be an issue and will be the next test. What is really amazing is how bright it is in complete darkness or even partial darkness. I have had no trouble reading with the light. As a night light for the kids I have had no better. As a night light in the shop again no better. The results in my opinion are pretty exceptional for a battery. The cells may not have the great power output like an alkaline or a nimh but they certainly have the longevity and a very even power distribution. These cells could certainly used as a charging source for larger batteries, yes it would take longer to charge but really who cares.

Thanks John for sparking interest and sharing. Cheers!
                          Nickle,

I wanted to chime in here and tell you your doing great work, the electron scans were very telling!! research takes time and energy, thank you for sharing it with us. I also wanted to add a bit about how bright these are when they are the only source. we all take for granted the amount of light we get from our household lighting, for centuries we were guided by the sun and it set the timetable for our lives. I have taken my son on a few "nightwalks" this involves sitting somewhere outside for at least 1/2 hour in a wilderness where there is no artificial light, and at least a 1/4 moon. as our eyes adjust, features become clear and shadows even form. as long as there is not too muh of a forest canopy you can see for miles, wildlife like coyote and rabbit become visible even from long distances and bino's actually work well at night also. you can see lots of bio luminescent critters you would not see otherwise, like scorpions. after one of these walks even opening up the car door can cause temporary pain in your eyes as your iris shuts back down. these little lights can provide all the light you need at night. this requires good lighting protocols, realising that staring at a computer screen makes you night blind for quite a while, etc.

I have mix 5 in a huge 6 volt trojan, pretty sure it will run forever at the current I am pulling......

Thanks to JB for this Technology!!

tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

thanks for sharing this...am working on crsytal batt now...thx for sharing this,waiting for ur next update..cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X