Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini Original machine FEG 1984

Hi All,

I would like to introduce my new energiser. It is based on JB’s original machine FEG 1984, sometimes erroneously called the ‘Watson Machine’.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6211a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	50852

Specification:

Motor: MFA 800 12VDC Permanent magnet motor. Efficiency 58%
    Shaft: Steel diameter 12mm
    Bearings: ID 12mm OD 28mm Thk. 8mm open. Lubricated with baby oil.
    Flywheel: Plastic wheel with two aluminium plates for extra mass.
    Rotor: Aluminium, diameter140mm with 6 neodymium N42 magnets diameter 20mm x 10mm thick on a 100mm-pitch diameter.
    Coils: 6 air coils at 2000 turns of copper magnet wire 0.40mm (AWG #26)
    Rotating mass: 1.70kg
    Speed: 4725RPM (Non pulsed & without coils)
    Current: 2.04A (Non pulsed & without coils)
    Rundown: 67s
    Variable Cap. 200pF 5kV

I have tried to follow the design of JB’s original machine as I think this gives greater scope for modifications.
    For the motor pulsing system I am using an op amp and opto reflective switch which I have tested driving a mosfet and a bipolar transistor.
    For the energiser switching system I am planning to use the other half of the op amp and bipolar transistors.
    The 6 coils in series produce a nice sine wave with a peak of around 220V. With the limited capacitors in my spares box I am getting voltages off the scopes display.

With this set-up the motor pulls around 19A on start-up. So I have added a two position switch with a resistor so that on start-up the motor pulls 8A non pulsed the second switch position then gives a pulsed full current.
    This is the part of the circuit that I am happy about, I need to do further tests with the energiser switch.

Name:	Circuit_1.JPG
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	50853

Name:	Circuit_2.JPG
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	50854

If anyone has got a working circuit for the energiser switch please feel free to chip in.

For the future I have started making a widow motor to replace the permanent magnet motor.

Best regards
    Peter

Hi Peter,

Nice work on that. I want to build one of those too. I plan on arranging my coils radially around a drum type rotor, rather than a disk rotor. Thats the only change I intend to make. Where did you get that variable cap? Let us know how it performs!

-Woody
    "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Comment

Thanks Woody,

I got the plans from this site http://www.metaphoria.us/hamradio/DL5DBM_cap_plans.pdf for a 220pF 5kV variable cap. It took quite some time to construct. I am not 100% certain that it is a must have, but time will tell.
      A radial set-up will get around the problem I had with the magnets creating eddy currents in the rotor bearing block

Best regards
      Peter

Comment

Hi Woody,

Looks can be diceptive! think over the 'VARIABLE CAP' again, its not the Physical variable cap as the diagram depict
        in the drawings.

Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Thanks Faraday. I remember you mentioning the depiction of the variable cap being a way of conveying the function, but not the specific hardware. I wonder though, would J.B. depict it this way in a diagram that he released to the public domain to assist people in building these units? I understand how it would be drawn that way in order to protect proprietary information in a patent, but I believe that drawing was not a patent drawing. I'm still trying to figure out what else could provide the same function as a variable cap without literally being a variable cap. Would simply using a variable cap work, or do we lose a necessary contribution provided by the "other method"? You definitely have me thinking, which I appreciate! I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so give me some time.....and a few hints, maybe?

-Woody
          "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Comment

Hi Woody,

the thing that is 'Variable' can also be viewed as 'Tuneable' what is key to the system is the G-Field coil why is also of the 'Variable -Capacitance ' Nature. recall J.B does not show a Bridge Rectifier in between Energiser Coil and the 'Variable -Capacitance. that is good enough guesture i must say..!
            the tunable nature of the function servos to the Dipole (Battery) being charged. it does it in two ways.
            do you get it now...?
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Woody,
              Clues for you:
              1) This machine is an exact compliment of the SSG : I call this Inverted Inducto-Capacitive Fractionation.
              2) The Switching (Tesla) takes place in the Magnetic Circuit (as opposed to Electric Circuit in the SSG)
              3) J.B emphasis a lot about the Brass (non-Magnetic) make of the Staft to assist this Magnetic Switching hence a Flux -Gate
              iteration.
              4) I belive that the higher topology version of this machine which i am still studying can give massive Overunity performances. (>400%)
              the above clues are the result of pure Physics of the Radiant Electricity...belive me.
              Rgds,
              Faraday88.

Comment

Woody, Faraday88 & all

Update on the energiser testing.
                I first tested the coils without any switching and found I had a base voltage of 210VDC.
                This could be increased to 400V with only a modest increase in input current to the motor. This was done by adding various sizes of capacitors in parallel with the coil. When I tried the variable capacitor it did not make any difference.

I then turned my attention to a SS HT switch. When I first got it working, I found that without a capacitor I obtained a spike frequency of over 10MHz. JB has stated in the past that it should be between 1 – 6MHz. I tried the variable capacitor and found that this frequency could be changed from 5.6MHz @ 15pF to 4.46Mhz @ 100pf. So I now have the option of modifying the variable capacitor with shorter spacers between the plates. Add more plates or the easiest, get a couple of high voltage 100pf capacitors thereby increasing the range so that I can ‘dial in’ a frequency range between 1 – 6MHz.
                The variable capacitor is not a must have piece of equipment, but it only cost me my time to build. The same results can be obtained with various size capacitors in the low to mid pF range. It is a good feeling watching the frequency change live on the scope when the setting on the variable capacitor is changed.
                By the way do not check the temperature of the transistors with your fingers while the energiser is on. It’s a shocking thing to do. Ouch

Best regards
                Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,
                  while i appriciate your efforts in making, understanding, and explaning the set-up ect.
                  i have word of advice for you: THIS IS NOT IN THE CONVENTIONAL WISDOM OF PHYSICS THAT WE WERE TAUGHT!!!!!! JB has emphasised this at least worth a million times. the attempt to understand what Reactive power means and the strange properties exhibited by these Reactive power under certain confugirations is the Key to the understanding of how this machine (Motor/Generator 'CLOSED LOOP' ) works.
                  while it is worth re-defining our own way of each of these physical components (Longitudal Electricity does indeed define a fundamental aspect of Physical components involved.)
                  , think out-of the box and of what you were embedded in your mind by conventional 'teachings'
                  you will see a whole new world of the truth that there is.
                  once againg i quote JB. 'The Radiant Current is provided only by a Capacitor' thinker it .
                  Best Regards,
                  Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Faraday88

you got me thinking about other forms of tuning without using a separate capacitor, variable or fixed.
                    The result I am looking for is getting the coils to their resonant point.
                    So I am now thinking since a coil under AC has a distributed capacitance and this capacitor is in parallel with the coil.
                    This capacitance can be changed by frequency of the AC which in turn can be changed by rotor speed. Also turns of wire on the coil changes the distributed capacitance and the coil inductance.

I will do some testing along these lines next.

Best Regards
                    Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                      Hi Woody,

the thing that is 'Variable' can also be viewed as 'Tuneable' what is key to the system is the G-Field coil why is also of the 'Variable -Capacitance ' Nature. recall J.B does not show a Bridge Rectifier in between Energiser Coil and the 'Variable -Capacitance. that is good enough guesture i must say..!
                      the tunable nature of the function servos to the Dipole (Battery) being charged. it does it in two ways.
                      do you get it now...?

Rgds,
                      Faraday88.

@ Faraday

So, would a varactor diode be what you are hinting at? Thanks!

@ Peter

Thanks for the update! This machine is fascinating, and it's great to see your work in progress. I think it deserves more attention than it has been getting. Keep us apprised!

--Woody

Comment

Hi Peter,
                        Very well, go ahead perhaps you will learn in the process of doing all this speculations...
                        but belive me, in the end it is out of all these main stream explanations...after all Radiant Electricity
                        is never taught in the standard acedamics... is it?

Yes, you are right when you think about Resonance..so did Tesla ! but Tesla understood a deeper sense of the Resonance that there is... and then there is what he discovered about the Longitudial Oscillation of Electrical Vibrations. what we disregard is the TIME domain which is the key in Longitudal Oscillation,
                        read Tom bearden for the PCM (Phase Conjungate Mirror) I think you will get it.

I may sound Theoratical but that's true that it is one way to convey the understanding, the other is by bulding a working device to prove your point.. i have anyway done both.. more later
                        Best Reagrds,
                        Faraday88.

Best Regards,
                        Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Woody,

I think you understand me wrong or may be i'm failing in explaning it better.
                          any way, THERE ARE NO LUMPED CAPACITOR OF ANY KIND.
                          How would you make a Capacitor out of a Coil???? THIS IS THE BEST CLUE I OR BEDINI CAN GIVE.
                          Best Regards,
                          Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Faraday88,

I have finally got the idea. There are 3 things this energiser needs to make it work 1 resonance 2 resonance and 3 resonance. After a month of testing and winding coils I now have two identical coils that are tuned to the resonant frequency of the energiser.
                            No extra caps variable or fixed. Still my vari cap makes a good paper weight or door stop.
                            I am modifing the energiser with a larger diameter rotor.
                            I wonder if you could give me some advice on magnets. At the moment I am using 20mm diameter 10mm thick neos. Are neos acceptable on this type of energiser or should I be looking at ferrites?

Best regards,

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Murray View Post
                              Hi Faraday88,

I have finally got the idea. There are 3 things this energiser needs to make it work 1 resonance 2 resonance and 3 resonance. After a month of testing and winding coils I now have two identical coils that are tuned to the resonant frequency of the energiser.
                              No extra caps variable or fixed. Still my vari cap makes a good paper weight or door stop.
                              I am modifing the energiser with a larger diameter rotor.
                              I wonder if you could give me some advice on magnets. At the moment I am using 20mm diameter 10mm thick neos. Are neos acceptable on this type of energiser or should I be looking at ferrites?

Best regards,

Peter
                              no neo's peter, ceramic #8 ferrite please, per JB. neo's are not acceptable for any monopole energiser. put them in the closet or use em for picking up nails in your shop

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
                              X