This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Make a Bedini Crystal Battery

This thread is for the exploration of John Bedini's Crystal Battery method and how to make your own.

There are many ways to light an LED with various ingredients and this may even include many common ingredients. However, this thread is not for the discussion of anything other than John Bedini's specific method, which is based on alum, copper, etc...

John Bedini shared much of this information here in this thread at Energetic Forum: Bedini Earth Light

There is a lot of valuable information in that thread and we recommend that you look through it. There are many replications there as well as many distractions, but you can ignore those and simply focus on John's method, which is not simply some galvanic cell that rapidly corrodes metal. It is literally a form of a water fuel cell and this is completely different.

If you want to purchase a pre-made device built to John Bedini's specifications, visit this thread: http://www.energyscienceforum.com/cr...ery-light.html

But again, this thread is for the discussion of the theory behind this method as well as sharing information about the actual experiments so that anyone can learn how to make their own.

Remember, this thread is not about sharing other methods to light an LED using Elmer's Glue or bubble gum - it is alum, copper, etc... and any such posts that deviate from this method will be deleted to prevent distraction.

If you want to discuss other methods, then please go start your own thread on that elsewhere. Thank you for understanding.
    Admin
    Energy Science Forum

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT USING THIS FORUM, PLEASE READ THIS F.A.Q. FIRST. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/fa...=vb3_board_faq

Bedini Earthlight The Easy Way

Bedini Earthlight The Easy wayClick image for larger version

Name:	Bedini Earthlight.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	44640
    John Bedini
    My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

Supplies

Hey John-

Thanks for the information. I am searching online for the copper rod, magnesium strip, and the plastic tube you used in your video. Where did you purchase those items?
      I'm sure I could find similar stuff, but if you have already done the legwork...that would be great info...

Cheers,

Branch

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
      Bedini Earthlight The Easy way[ATTACH=CONFIG]18[/ATTACH]

Comment

SG Oscillator

Hi John,

cool forum and thanks for announcing the shift over at yahoo.
        At the conference you also showed a different oscillator which was related to the SG.
        I think it had a 40 feet bifilar coil, a unspecified resistor and some more stuff. Could you or some else post the exact circuit with the specs of the components?
        Cheers and good luck,

Prato

BTW: How are the pressure cells and the baked cells with manganese dioxide doing?

Comment

Hi John & All,

I've been following the Energetic Forum for ages & have ordered all the parts (difficult from here - had to import some from China!) for the crystal batteries. I have the DVD from Bob French too (what do you think of it?). I'm not much of a chemist, so my initial interest was in your circuit, as I've been an electronic technician since 1997 & designing & building my own circuits from age 15 (some are still working!). I think I've built & tuned all the circuits on the Energetic Forum & the one you show above works the best. I made up my own PCBs, very tiny, using all SMD components. I have a similar sort of blocking oscillator design out of an old electronics magazine that went into a three part article trying to explain everything about how it works, designing it to suit every specific application & actually building it. I built it & tabled tuning values versus power output & efficiency for my Design Project in College in 1996/7. I was wondering if you'd be interested in looking at it & commenting on it &/or modifying it? My reason for mentioning this is that it can be designed & tuned to convert, say a volt (down to 0.6V I think I got it to), up to a much higher voltage, say to run one of those big LED 12V Flood Lamps straight from a crystal battery. This could save a lot of money on chemicals or use cells in parallel instead of series to get much higher currents. What do people think?

Comment

Originally posted by prato_braun View Post
            Hi John,

cool forum and thanks for announcing the shift over at yahoo.
            At the conference you also showed a different oscillator which was related to the SG.
            I think it had a 40 feet bifilar coil, a unspecified resistor and some more stuff. Could you or some else post the exact circuit with the specs of the components?
            Cheers and good luck,

Prato

BTW: How are the pressure cells and the baked cells with manganese dioxide doing?
            @Prato

Here is a link to Bedini's patent on his oscillator, it should contain parts values. Patent US7990110 - Circuits and related methods for charging a battery - Google Patents

Comment

Thank you John for your continued contribution, hardwork and willingness to share your results with all of us. I have been following your work for years now and I must say the Bedini Crystal Battery is what we all have been trying to achieve. I have followed your instruction and made a small version of the Battery and it does what a battery should do, it provides ample voltage and amperage to power a device. Using a 1 1/4" copper cap, a magnesium anode and alum for the battery and using the SG oscillator my battery powers a 3.5v 28,500mcd LED bright enough to show on the wall a few feet away in daylight. Under load the battery is holding at 11.7 mA and .457 volts. It will run strong until the paper towel separating the alum and the magnesium starts to dry and with a drop of water to the edge of the paper towel the battery is back to full strength. It usually takes more than 24 hours for this to occur. I have inspected the components of the battery and there is only a dark gray coating on the outside of the magnesium. It does not appear to have changed in thickness and there is no visible deterioration to the magnesium. I have ordered copper hemispheres and larger magnesium disks to more closely duplicate Johns Battery. I will post a complete outline of its construction here. Thank you John, this battery works.

Comment

@ John Bedini

Hi John, I just had a thought about the alum cells. Since they need water, would using colloidal silver water to hydrate them actually lower the impedance over time? As the silver particles dispersed throughout the crystal, maybe it would make it more conductive? I thought I'd get your thoughts on it before I tried it, since you may have already tried it. Thanks!

Comment

Hi John & All,

I was reading through the posts on the old energetic forum & noticed John B posted words to the effect of "the best oscillator is a cable oscillator... 0.9V gives 6V out". I haven't been able to find a mention of it since. Is this oscillator still under test? Wouldn't this work well with the crystal batteries? I'd be very interested in building it & posting my test results here.

I was also interested in what has & has not been tried & tested with the above patented circuit, "Bedini Earth Light The Easy Way". Can it not also be done with a PNP transistor? Have Germanium transistors been tried & wouldn't that mean an even lower input voltage can be used? I can still buy many different types new here, quite cheap. Do you recall the experiments others did with the above circuit & how the placement & proximity of the inductors was critical to achieve maximum light output? I think maximum light output occurred when the inductors were placed one atop the other. Therefore, would not a single centre-tapped inductor (quite cheap here), work best? I looked up the Digikey reference given early on & found that these inductors had a Q of around 50, which is quite high. Is this a critical factor? Are there any other considerations we should watch for, like minimizing DC resistance of the inductors & frequency response?

I'm interested in more discussion on the circuit, as I feel it has been largely & unfairly ignored. People just seemed to go crazy with Joule Thief circuits & the like when, in my opinion, the above circuit works best for the money & simplicity & output.

Cheers

Comment

New Crystal Batteries20 John Bedini and Chuck Hupp

In This video I'm showing some new thing Chuck and I have been working on. First I show the Crystal Batteries that were used during the convention and what they will run after being dried out. The oscillators are based on US patent US 7,990,110 this also covers the Cable oscillator. The conversion process for a lead battery Chuck and I are not ready to disclose the mixture just yet. This is all discussed on Energysciencefourm.
                    This is my home and I will not be posting anything on the other forums. You are welcome to join.

John Bedini
                    John Bedini

Comment

Hi John B,

Great video, thanks for sharing. Chuck said in the video that the battery had never had sulphuric acid in it. Was the battery one that you buy dry and add the acid to it later, but you and Chuck put in your mixture instead of the acid?

John K.

Comment

John K,
                        Chuck had an Idea that he wanted to test. The battery was completely dry never been charged, no acid at all just Chucks mixture. We are going to let the battery keep running charging a cell phone battery right now. Will check it again on Monday. Before we say much more about it.
                        John
                        John Bedini

Comment

Please forgive this post, but I can't see how to post a new thread. Please direct me so I can do so.

Thanks,

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                            John K,
                            Chuck had an Idea that he wanted to test. The battery was completely dry never been charged, no acid at all just Chucks mixture. We are going to let the battery keep running charging a cell phone battery right now. Will check it again on Monday. Before we say much more about it.
                            John
                            Hi John B,

Just want to make sure I understand. Are you saying that the lead acid battery puts out power but was never charged? And are you saying that you expect it to keep putting out power without needing to be recharged just like your other crystal batteries?

Thanks, Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbr00k5 View Post
                              @Prato

Here is a link to Bedini's patent on his oscillator, it should contain parts values. Patent US7990110 - Circuits and related methods for charging a battery - Google Patents
                              Hi John B,

I believe this patent is what you would call your Cable Oscillator? Amazing work! I've been trying to get my head around the latest embodiment as you have shown in your video as well. I'm not sure where in this forum is the best place to discuss this, but I hope you find it. If I may draw your attention to figure 5, which appears to be a tripple cascade of figure three? I'd like you to confirm this diagram is 100% correct to build from. My problem is with two juctions that appear to join the trigger coil right across two out of three of the other coils. This looks nothing like a logical extension or cascade of the circuit in figure 3 & I cannot understand how it would work like this. I'm thinking this sort of thing is what happens when drawing a line through junctions that aren't meant to connect on most circuit design software programs around today, that it automatically joins them up for you. Removing those two junctions joining the top of each base resistor to the collector of the same transistor (except the last one) would make perfect sense, in line with all of your other brilliant designs I have seen thus far. I have re-drawn it in the image below without any wires crossing over each other, using on-page connectors instead. I'd like you to look into this & verify that the top of that trigger coil should not be joined to the collectors of those two transistors in figure 5, but only to the base resistors of all three transistors.

Many Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sample.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	44687

Comment

Working...
                              X