Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am also not quite sure what you mean by the balance working at either end of the chart. I would understand that...but then you go on to say the the PH needs to be specifically at 4 for ion transfer.

If you mean that the PH can be .6 or 8 (either end of the scale), but the cell can be balanced...then that is fine...but that seems to make testing the PH in the first place unnecessary.

Bear with me as I am sorting this out. There seems to be some misunderstanding with what you are trying to communicate.

Do you see how I would be confused?

Originally posted by Branch Gordon View Post
    Hi JB,

I do understand all of that. This is all information I already have and understand.

I want be sure you arent misreading what my PH was. Its not 6. Its .6 (point 6). So to get to where you are recommending (4) I need to raise the PH.

If I add more acid to an already acidic mix, its going to lower the PH further.

How do I raise the PH with this battery? What am I missing? Unless you are telling me that adding SO4 is going to raise the PH somehow?

Im not getting sidetracked with these other battery discussions. I will be continuing to work with this conversion of mine until I get it right.

Cheers, and so appreciative of your assistance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Branch Gordon View Post
      Hi JB,

I do understand all of that. This is all information I already have and understand.

I want be sure you arent misreading what my PH was. Its not 6. Its .6 (point 6). So to get to where you are recommending (4) I need to raise the PH.

If I add more acid to an already acidic mix, its going to lower the PH further.

How do I raise the PH with this battery? What am I missing? Unless you are telling me that adding SO4 is going to raise the PH somehow?

Im not getting sidetracked with these other battery discussions. I will be continuing to work with this conversion of mine until I get it right.

Cheers, and so appreciative of your assistance!
      Branch, seriously you can not have a pH of 0.6. That would mean that your mix is almost 100% acidic and would burn through just about anything you have. Think about it, a normal lead acid battery has a pH of around 3.5-4 and is made up of 32% SO4 and 68% water, so unless you added a ton of un-diluted SO4 how could the pH be 0.6?

I strongly suggest you get your pH meter checked and read pH - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John K.

Comment

• Ok...after a brief convo with John K...I've concluded that my PH reader is not giving an accurate reading. I'm gonna re-calibrate again, and test it in some distilled water and also some sulfuric acid to see if it gives me the correct reading for those.

In the meantime, below is my most recent discharge cycle. The red line is after I added the distilled water. The black line is before. So the battery got slightly weaker. So as John said, I need to add more acid and go the other direction. The bad PH reading threw me off.

I'm just gonna add 1ml at a time and run curves until it's right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alum Discharge w- water added.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	44913

Comment

• Branch,
          Do you have PH Tape, and what is the meter used for. Lets start over with this. I can find many different Ph meters. You started with Alum did you add anything else like Sodium Silicate?
          John Bedini
          My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

• This is the model I bought: Hanna Instruments HI 98103B Beer pH Tester,with Replaceable Electrode: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I don't have any tape...but don't mind getting some. What are you using to test PH? I could return mine and get the one you have that way there is some consistency.

I originally added only alum. Later on I added 1ml of sulfuric acid per your direction. Last night I topped all the cells off with distilled water. So that's what is currently in the battery. You can see the curve I just finished in my recent post.

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
            Branch,
            Do you have PH Tape, and what is the meter used for. Lets start over with this. I can find many different Ph meters. You started with Alum did you add anything else like Sodium Silicate?

Comment

• Destined to be converted. Not enough hours in the day! Coffee fix not working.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-11 16.44.00.jpg
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	44914

Comment

• Mr. Bedini,

my cell is number 3 in ph. I will measure very soon the resistance. I just don't want to stop the cell connected to my scope for one more night. It is still running.

Fausto.

Comment

• Hi All,

great results with the latest oscillator recharging..

Makes me wonder, if it would not be best to use all batteries
                  with a pulsed discharge circuit, so always the batteries are
                  discharged using pulses and using BackEMF to recharge them on the fly...

Somehow like this also work the Newman motors and thus the batteries
                  work so long....

Anyway, I wonder why the ALUM converted lead batteries are called alkaline batteries
                  as I have measured the PH level of my last tests to be PH level 4 to 5 from
                  the Alum-Epsonsalt mix...

Have not had the time to measure ALum only, cause I am on vaccation
                  and constantly on the move.... but will do it soon.

Regards, Stefan
                  ---
                  Dipl. Ing. Stefan Hartmann
                  www.overunity.com
                  www.overunity.de
                  www.free-energy.tv
                  facebook.com/groups/overunitydotcom
                  facebook.com/groups/overunitydotde

Comment

• Update on alum battery progress. I run through the PH Meter re-calibration, adding SO4 to my battery, etc.

Comment

• Good work Gordon,

lovely lights very powerful. Your meter seems to be cooked. I bought Click image for larger version

Name:	m1Yly1NYLIdY_iXGN8yoF9A.jpg
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	44915this in ebay and the price is amazing.

Fausto.

Comment

• Just bought some! $3.74 for 100 strips on ebay. Thanks Fausto!

Originally posted by plengo View Post
                        Good work Gordon,

lovely lights very powerful. Your meter seems to be cooked. I bought [ATTACH=CONFIG]899[/ATTACH]this in ebay and the price is amazing.

Fausto.

Comment

• your meter is OK
                          I got a PH501 Mannix
                          Battery Acid 0.2 Fully Charged LA Battery
                          Distilled water 5.2
                          Tap water 7.8
                          50/50 Alum 1.8
                          4/1 water alum 2.7

Comment

• Interesting. Can John K or John B comment on this? I'm throwing my hands up in exasperation here.

I know John K's alum mixture was pretty strong, and then he added acid to that after. So according to these readings the PH should be pretty low. John K...what PH meter did you use? Strips? John B what are you using?

Is there some chemical process that occurs that will raise the PH after the alum forms a crystal? Are you guys testing the PH while charged or discharged?

I realize I'm drawing a lot of attention to this...but this is a real issue that we all have different readings.

Originally posted by machinationus View Post
                            your meter is OK
                            I got a PH501 Mannix
                            Battery Acid 0.2 Fully Charged LA Battery
                            Distilled water 5.2
                            Tap water 7.8
                            50/50 Alum 1.8
                            4/1 water alum 2.7

Comment

• Hey guys, I've been doing more testing with my alum napa car battery. I have it being charged by Lasersaber's Joule Ringer 3.0 circuit and my GoalZero Nomad7 12v panel. Here's a video of it charging up. Seems the circuit definitely helps the battery charge faster.

Comment

• Branch and all,

Distilled water in theory has a PH of 7 (neutral) but it has no buffer(PPM) in it. As you discovered, when you open the bottle, CO2 will change it's PH. Put your finger in it and it's PH will become your skin's PH. Look at it and it's PH will become your eyes PH! (well... you get the point). So checking the PH of distilled water is meaningless.
                                2 points calibration (4 and 7) like you're doing is perfect but you shouldn't use the calibration solution caps to do that as you will contaminate your solutions over time when putting the caps back on the bottles! Use glass. Tequila shots glasses or something similar and throw away the solution when done.

Martin B

Comment

Working...
                                X