Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all, in the spirit of re-opening this discussion, i'm going to be reporting every step of the way in my Lead-Alum builds, even if it looks like a monologue. maybe this will be of use sometime. I have finished building from scratch a small 12V battery, using the same mix described by bedini. i formed it all night using the sg, and now the voltage sits around 12.4V. after 3 discharge/charge cycles, the battery gets better and better both in amp/h and in top voltage. The Vdrop at the first discharge (load is a a 12v fan, drawing 100Ma) was from 12.4 standing to 9.5V discharging. it took 10 mins to reach 2.6V. i stopped there because that's the voltage the fan stopped spinning. then i decided to charge it using the sg in OSCILLATOR MODE, the charge was a lot faster.the stand voltage was 12.6V, and the Voltage dropped to 10.69 upon discharge (a significant improvement.) these cells don't seem to mind an overcharge, as long as i keep a breathe hole open for the gas to come out (the battery is completely sealed) and can be brought down to 0. i do see crystals forming in between the plates, which is a confirmation on the effect bedini described where the sulphate crystalizes, preventing it to stick to the plates...

Ok, on the old 2V cell, i did a test to find out what happens if you charge and discharge at the same time. i used the SG to charge and an SG oscillator to discharge. it ran for nearly 12 hours, and held a steady voltage of 2.0V and after i disconnect everything, the standing V was 1.9V steady, dropping a few millivolts once every minute or so, wich is normal in any case, at least in my cells. These cells don't seem to mind being charged and discharged at the same time! further testing needs to be done to confirm this.... i think this is important based on the statement by Peter L. that says that the normal batteries don't like to have this done... please correct me if i'm wrong. here's some pics of the new 12V:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto0031.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	45437Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto0034.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	45438Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto0036.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	45439Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto0038.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	45440

Comment

• Very cool Carlos! I will be following your progress and hopefully when time permits build some large scale alum batteries for myself. Did you make your plates or remove from a battery?

Nice view out the window. Where is it?

Thanks, Ron

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Chase View Post
        Very cool Carlos! I will be following your progress and hopefully when time permits build some large scale alum batteries for myself. Did you make your plates or remove from a battery?

Nice view out the window. Where is it?

Thanks, Ron

Hi Ron, i made the plates from lead scraps, a few posts early i show the mold i made for the plates, it's best to melt the lead and carefully using a spoon remove all the black solid stuff, it's real easy to do, just be careful. the plates should look silver shiny if the filtering is done right. that's Colombia out the window! cheers

carlos

Comment

• Carlos
          Very nice
          What are you making the containers out of? is that acrylic?
          and how are you glueing them together so they don't leak?
          Thank you
          Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian McNece View Post
            Carlos
            Very nice
            What are you making the containers out of? is that acrylic?
            and how are you glueing them together so they don't leak?
            Thank you
            Brian
            Hi brian, i make the container with acrylic and i use silicone to glue them... at first they leak a little but i keep adding silicone to seal it proper, it works really well. cells are doing great, they keep getting better, the current is not so great though, but with the results i'm seeing it will be worth trying to build a big one for more current so i can run the SG, cheers!

carlos

Comment

• Great build and neat look..
              keeep it up pal!
              Rgds,
              Faraday88.
              'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• I think you want Ammonium Aluminum Sulphate. That's what is usually used in Lead Alum batteries.

Comment

• okay, I found a place in Perth WA selling 500 grams for $61...it seems that it is extremely hard to get..and google searches reveal that many people have had the same searches and trouble finding it. Typical!
                  Chemical, Aluminium Ammonium Sulphate

Comment

• Originally posted by Dion View Post
                    okay, I found a place in Perth WA selling 500 grams for $61...it seems that it is extremely hard to get..and google searches reveal that many people have had the same searches and trouble finding it. Typical!
                    Chemical, Aluminium Ammonium Sulphate
                    Dion, I've had the same issues trying to buy the right Alum in Australia. There are a few places, but as you found they charge through the nose for it. Unfortunately you can't import it either

John K.

Comment

• Thanks John K! and James Milner for the link. I just bought 1 kg of aluminum sulphate (alum) for about $20...and thanks also to BroMikey you were right. I am not going to be using Dion account anymore on here..I did not know how to delete it so have started a new username with my real name. lol.
                      I look forward to advancing in knowledge and understanding of these technologies with your help!! I have only just purchased the 2 manuals today even though I was on the monopole group in 2007. This forum is better I think. Not enough hours in the day and night to read it all...then put it into practice!
                      Dennis

Comment

• Dear John and All,
                        did you use in this Video
                        Conversion Of A Dry-Charge Lead Acid Battery To an Alum Crystal Cell Battery John Bedini - YouTube

Ammonium Aluminum Sulphate
                        or
                        Pottassium Aluminum Sulphate ??

I have been working on a new bought battery maself and have used
                        Pottassium Aluminum Sulphate with it.

You can watch the videos here:
                        How to convert a lead acid car battery to an ALUM Battery Part 1 to 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWbHcW...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBFMSQ...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI5zpw...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hogeX...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41u1n7...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fBVVD...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow5vvV...

First tests with a 300 Watts inverter on the ALUM electrolyte car battery - YouTube
                        Input Current measurement test into the 300 Watts inverter with the ALUM electrolyte car battery - YouTube
                        ALUM Battery test 24th of August and PH-Level of the ALUM Elektrolyte - YouTube

Please let me know, what exact ALUM salt you used.
                        Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.
                        ---
                        Dipl. Ing. Stefan Hartmann
                        www.overunity.com
                        www.overunity.de
                        www.free-energy.tv
                        facebook.com/groups/overunitydotcom
                        facebook.com/groups/overunitydotde

Comment

• Too bad, no one knows and John and Chuck are busy ??

Well anyway,

made 3 new battery update videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1DSqI2jpvg
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzvy0ydMFCw
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J7MhhdXWGs

Enjoy !

Regards, Stefan.
                          ---
                          Dipl. Ing. Stefan Hartmann
                          www.overunity.com
                          www.overunity.de
                          www.free-energy.tv
                          facebook.com/groups/overunitydotcom
                          facebook.com/groups/overunitydotde

Comment

• Hi Branch,
                            I guess Aluminium will work in place of Magnesium..... and is easily available..
                            Rgds,
                            Faraday88.

Comment

• John Bedini has always recommended Ammonium Aluminum Sulphate. The exact chemical formula is in this thread.

John K.

Comment

• I was refering to the Aluminium electrode and not the crystal chemical (Electrolyte)

Faraday88.

Comment

Working...
                                X