X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, you have the circuit, Solid State SG Oscillator as posted by me

Originally posted by Cam Geddes View Post
    John,

Is this the circuit potted inside the light I bought at the conference or is that something different? I did successfully build the circuit you show here to run off my Cu-Alum cells.

Thanks,
    Cam
    John Bedini
    My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

Yes, This was a great help! This video filled in several gaps on this.
      I bought a Motorcycle battery 14ah to try this with last year. I thought it did not work but only because it was resting at about 10 volts. I am going to bring it out and try charging it again with either the SSG or the SS SSG I just made.
      I have a tracker 20amp but that might cook the goose out of it.....
      I have always wondered if your 1600ah Glass batteries hooked to the 10 coil were Alum or Acid.

Concerning the oscillator circuit your using to run the led you posted, I have had a lot of thought about that. About six months before you originally posted that circuit, I had one of those big million candle power flashlights that went bad.
      I pulled it apart and what I discovered was that there was a fairly extensive amount of circuitry inside the handle.
      Then using my original little SSG I was able to get the little six volt 4 AH battery back up and running.
      It was odd because I hooked the battery directly to the light and it was very dim, and the battery went dead after just a minute or so.
      I ran into information on the joule thief and thought that must have been what the circuitry was. Now with I have learned given all the information you have posted I am convinced that is what it was. So if that is true then the circuitry inside that flashlight was not only extending the battery, it was making that bulb with the filament run way beyond it's normal output, to reach the million candlepower. Now they make them with a lot more candle power.

So My question is this, Can we not expand the led circuit to power a 12v dc halogen bulb like this in the same way?
      http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/490425/GE-MR16-12-Volt-Indoor-Floodlight/?Channel=Google&mr:trackingCode=AB520D1B-EC81-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA&mr:ad=19949230196&mr :filter=45755046596&mr:keyword={keyword}&cm_mmc=Me rcent-_-Googlepla-_-Office_Supplies+Desk_Accessories_Dcor_Lighting-_-490425&mr:adType=pla&mr:match={matchtype}

In other words can we get the same light with maybe 1/10th the power?

Les

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
      LesK,
      The most important thing is the forming of the plates otherwise it will take a very long time. If you are going to use a car battery which I suggest then it's important to know the condition of the battery because old storage batteries do the same thing as Ni-Cads when the cells short. I did not go into this in the video because of the danger. But it has been done where people have dried the battery out that had a bad cell that was shorted and applied extreme voltage to that one cell snapping the bridging short across the insulators, right the lead acid battery grows lead dendrites and it is possible to fix the shorted cells. If your going to do the Alum conversion then it best to get a new battery and then dump the acid out, but again charge it first so you know that the forming is good. Anyway hope this has helped those that did not understand how this is done.

Comment

LesK,
        Today I will up load another Video on using the tracker and solar switch for night time lighting.
        As I think it is important everybody understands this technology. Hopefully everybody will get it. Your tracker will work fine for doing this.
        John Bedini

Comment

Look Forward to it. I was thinking of tying into the blue LED.

Les

Comment

The Alum Battery And The Solar Switch John Bedini

The Alum Battery And The Solar Switch John Bedini

In this video I’m going over the alum battery and showing a Solar Switch to control Led Lighting.
            I’m also showing the dis-charge curves and charge curves of converted Lead Acid batteries.
            This discussion is taking place at the Energy Science Forum at: http://www.energyscienceforum.com
            Thank you
            John Bedini
            John Bedini

Comment

This video shows what can be done with the Bedini solar switch and a rechargeable battery. This switch was designed at Energenx by John Bedini for the Lead Alum battery. The Lead Alum battery recharges much faster then a Lead acid (Sulfuric Acid) battery and can be taken to 0 volts. Don't try that with your Lead Acid battery. The Lead Alum battery does not suffer from sulffation as does the Lead Acid Battery (Yes its the same Alum you make pickles with). The Alum battery makes a great deep cycle battery and does not corrode like Lead acid. In this video we show that the solar switch can be used from 1 volt to 3 volts. The switch will work from 1-24 volts. Maximum 6 amps at 12 volt and 3 amps at 24 volt. We all know you can't run a LED less then 1.7 volts. To really get useful light you need 3+ volts. But, with the solar switch and the Bedini oscillator you can use any 1.2v rechargeable battery or make your own Lead Alum battery that is rechargeable for use with this system. This discussion is at the energyscienceforum.com if you would like to purchase any of our products please visit energenx.com or call and leave a message for Gary Bedini at 208-772-3303 Thanks for watching.

Chuck Hupp
              http://www.teslaaudio.com
              Last edited by Chuck Hupp; 09-06-2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Wow, John, Chuck, Thank you for so much time on this. I hadn't seen the switch before that is great.
                You know that is going to be running my Ferris wheel soon.....

Les

Comment

The Alum Video And The Solar Switch.

@ All,
                  In the video, The Alum Video And The Solar Switch.
                  The most important thing you will ever see, and I mean important. At 38.00 to 41.02 you see the charge curve that curve is liner Lead acid batteries do not do that, and to charge a 5 AmpHr battery if it were lead acid you would be charging all day long. But the Alum battery can and does change it's impedance to allow for quick charging. Then dis-charging it lowers it's impedance to supply current to the load, very important for energy researchers in this field. It's almost as if everything you learned about batteries is backwards. Now, Peter L has pointed out to me tonight that the cooking alum is the aluminum type so this makes the chemistry different once again. Taking a Lead Acid battery off the shelf dry and just adding this chemical you should really have nothing, but you do and you have an energy that has current to it. I leave this to the Researchers in this field as I have seen what and where the energy is coming from. This is an experiment that you in this forum should study, very important with the curves. This video took about 8 Hrs to do just to get an understanding of what is going on.
                  John Bedini

Comment

No I'm not saying that. You need to recharge the Lead Battery, that is what were saying.
                    Ok Thank you John B.

In that case I think a clear distinction or explanation is needed between those "crystal cells" that need to be charged and those that do not. When I watched one of your past videos about the lead crystal battery I thought you were talking about a battery that like the magnesium cell does not need to be charged.

Is it just a case of: "those crystal cells that use lead need to be charged and those that use magnesium and copper do not need to be charged?" or can a crystal mix be introduced into a lead battery so that it too does not need to be charged?

And "the advantages of a Lead Alum Crystal Battery are that: it does not use acid; and that it charges faster?

Alex.

Comment

Alex,
                      If you were making a copper magnesium cell then you would just add water to recharge, but a lead crystal battery needs to be recharged. The reason for using lead oxides is so no metals are corroding away. We can find many ways to get energy from metals and chemicals. The lead Acid battery already has the two different oxides and lead plates do not have galvanic action like magnesium and copper. You can see that I make a very thick solution to form the crystal in the battery it must be kept wet so the Alum does not grow. The ideal crystal battery locks it's water inside of the crystal, but that does not mean you can not recharge it. Either way it works, one dissolves the metals and the other continues to charge and discharge for years. Hope this helps.
                      John Bedini

Comment

Alex,
                        If you were making a copper magnesium cell then you would just add water to recharge, but a lead crystal battery needs to be recharged. The reason for using lead oxides is so no metals are corroding away. We can find many ways to get energy from metals and chemicals. The lead Acid battery already has the two different oxides and lead plates do not have galvanic action like magnesium and copper. You can see that I make a very thick solution to form the crystal in the battery it must be kept wet so the Alum does not grow. The ideal crystal battery locks it's water inside of the crystal, but that does not mean you can not recharge it. Either way it works, one dissolves the metals and the other continues to charge and discharge for years. Hope this helps.
                        OK thank you John that is very helpful.

The mixture you used in the lead battery in your last 2 videos is not the same as the mixture you used in this video is it? 2:40 onwards: New Crystal Batteries20 John Bedini and Chuck Hupp - YouTube
                        The idea in this video IS to create a lead crystal bettery that does not need to be recharged is that right? But as you said in this video, you are not ready to release this particular formula just yet.

Thank you.

Alex.

Comment

Hey John B and Chuck, thanks for posting the videos. Makes me wonder why I've been messing around with acid batteries for all these years and also why aren't there any alum batteries on the market.

That charge curve on the alum battery was pretty impressive. Can you tell us the ration of alum to distilled water you used for the "coffee cup" alum cell? It looked like it was about 1:2, 1 cup alum to 2 cups distilled water.

Hope Gary forgives you for taking his coffee cup

John K.

Comment

John K, Hey so here is where the voodoo is!

John B, I have some McCormick Alum is that the right stuff to use? I have two brand new 800cca batteries but won't dare use them for this unless I know I am using the right Alum.

I have watched the curve of the charge on my Trojan 6volt L-16's for years. It was always the norm to see about 80amps for the first hour, then drop to about 20 for the next eight. then it would drop to about 2 amps for the last few hrs. Using the cap dump on this made some challenges. I can see very clearly the value of the Alum for the cap dump.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2239.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	44732

Les

Comment

LesK, Alex
                              That is the correct Alum, the difference between mine is I bought it from a spice house.
                              Chuck and I have used nothing else. Chuck an I have tried adding a pinch of Tartar but that was only to coat the Magnesium in the Copper Magnesium Crystal Cells. So this answers Alex's question too. I have not converted my L16's yet as I use them for testing solar chargers and rejuvenators. I'm looking for a dry 900 cold cranking car battery but they all come filled. I can run on a used one that I pointed out in the video if you want.
                              Again The Copper Magnesium cells you add water to re-charge them. The Lead conversions you must re-charge them with a charger/ solar.
                              John Bedini

Comment

Thanks again John,
                                This is incredible information. Thanks you so much for sharing.

Since I cannot get these dry as far as I know, Then if I understand correctly from the videos, this would be my procedure.
                                Step -1 Fully charge the new battery.
                                Step -2 Empty the acid
                                Step -3 rinse several times with distilled water (Nothing else!)
                                Step -4 Let dry thoroughly
                                Step -5 mix the Alum and distilled water to get a slimy slippery kind of texture somewhat thick about like syrup.
                                Step -6 Heat slightly to get it to mix.
                                Step -7 fill the battery and start charging....

Does that sound about right?
                                Les

P.S. I got my L16's in snowflake AZ. At the time I could order them dry if I wanted. I think the place was called Arizona solar or something.

LesK, Alex
                                That is the correct Alum, the difference between mine is I bought it from a spice house.
                                Chuck and I have used nothing else. Chuck an I have tried adding a pinch of Tartar but that was only to coat the Magnesium in the Copper Magnesium Crystal Cells. So this answers Alex's question too. I have not converted my L16's yet as I use them for testing solar chargers and rejuvenators. I'm looking for a dry 900 cold cranking car battery but they all come filled. I can run on a used one that I pointed out in the video if you want.
                                Again The Copper Magnesium cells you add water to re-charge them. The Lead conversions you must re-charge them with a charger/ solar.

Comment

Working...
                                X