Open Sourced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Sourced

Although it may not be of interest it is news worthy. Over on Keely.Net,Jerry's site he has posted an open source brick making machine. Earth Bricks....make the machine and make GREEN building material in and from your own back yard. Check it out. From my experience alot easier than buckets and a track hoe not to mention the cost of material that HAS to be scrapped just to make an EARTH WALL the way most "green contactors" do it.

John, there are many of us that are interested in this.

I'm not sure what is on Keelynet these days, but compressed earth bricks have been open sourced since the 50's in Columbia to build low cost homes.

With the right clay dirt and a bit of Portland Cement, you can make great bricks for building in the hand presses. But this has been advanced quite a bit. I'll start a thread on it known as stabilized earth bricks. A few of us are interested in starting a home building company making off the grid homes using SEB's as the foundational building material for the homes.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

I have been looking at the super adobe at Cal-Earth - The California Institute of Earth Art and Architecture It seems there is a lot of material available on it.
      They have done some great work.

Les

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
      John, there are many of us that are interested in this.

I'm not sure what is on Keelynet these days, but compressed earth bricks have been open sourced since the 50's in Columbia to build low cost homes.

With the right clay dirt and a bit of Portland Cement, you can make great bricks for building in the hand presses. But this has been advanced quite a bit. I'll start a thread on it known as stabilized earth bricks. A few of us are interested in starting a home building company making off the grid homes using SEB's as the foundational building material for the homes.

Comment

I've considered building something along the HydraForm lines. ( http://www.locosthousing.com/pdf/hydraformbrochure.pdf )

A press could be made using parts from a wood splitter.

Seems like the brick die could be made at a local vocational center ....

I saw something about bagged gravel, sand, or clay somewhere .... (Bags were stacked, then mortored over, I think.)

glen

Comment

Working...
        X