Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has done ANYTHING with success along this topic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have gotten a Toyota 22R to stumble along for about a half hour 6-7 years ago. I was using 4 of the Ozzy Freedom cells with four electrodes instead of 2 in each. Lye for electrolyte. Had a 10amp fuse on the cells. Started on gasoline then turned off the fuel pump. Was bubbling air through the cells and feeding into the intake through a vacuum port. I was expecting to retard the timing as the gasoline ran out but ended up advancing to 25degrees BTDC for the best stumble. The experiment ended when the electrodes melted!!
    Its gonna be about a month before I get back to it but am going to attempt to run a propane camp stove next so I can actually observe the flame.

Comment

I did. I made this hydrolysis device some years ago:

Its a lead-acid battery in construction except its group of plates are all 316L stainless steel. It was my first ever venture into the HHO quest. It runs even better on 24 volts. It produced at least around 5 lpm of gas iirc. In my observation, that design is more efficient than the amp hog cells with lots of neutral plates in between the positive and negative plates. I had no knowledge of electronics back then, and it can work without the ordinary PWM, and the person I followed said that the particular 12v PWM he and others made doesn't affect gas output and now I can believe that. Its amps can be controlled with the concentration of the electrolyte. I used NaOH.

Anyway, I used it in my Hilux diesel truck (with clamps, a bubbler, tubings, fat wires, amp gauge, switch, and all) until 2011 when I had to take it out for engine repairs. It used to give me around 25% of fuel economy at my personally observed sweet spot of 10 - 13 amps. More than 10 - 13 amps start to make significant impact and the alternator starts drawing proportional amounts of engine power to output those amps, more gas is produced but the alternator's drag nearly cancels out the effect. The mileage improvement was the same around 25% even at 30 amps. 30 or more amps makes things less practical / more expensive so I didn't try for more. I learned that by damaging the alternator by giving it 50-55 amps once, and even at 50 it didn't really blow up my skirt, so to speak.

I did not feel enough compulsion to spend days and install it back again. I've got a wife and kids now and the economy is circling the drain so I have to spend all the time earning money to survive and doing so many chores all day, you know. I still have the apparatus and I've cleaned it up and tested it last month. I intend to install it to augment my biogas supply for the generator power system at home to make the engine run even more smoothly because I believe HHO in biogas will negate the retardant effects of the CO2 and the moisture in the biogas.

The gas is highly explosive and a bit dangerous because it is quite likely to "flash back" after ignition and destroy the electrolysis chamber and that is why bubblers are always used with it and not the generic flash back arrestors. I know as the first hydrolyzer I made got destroyed due to a flashback by the end of the first test drive in my truck and I had to build a new clear PVC container to continue.

Now my two cents worth speculations on the future of this tech? I've been following along off and on and read various stuff on HHO. One thing is definite, that the frequency and waveform of the current has an impact on production. My device does not work with 25 volts of alternating current but rig in a diode bridge and it'll immediately fill up the chamber with foam. This is what lead me to research the effect of the form of electricity. High pressure DC pulsing at high frequencies, I'd give that a try, and with that I could try to hit the elusive sweet spot of resonance, as some people would show on youtube. As for the electrolysis chamber design thats another thing thats open to improvement and research. I would definitely give the tubes-within-tubes Joe cell design a try before anything else. Plates like battery plates indeed have leakage currents that can waste energy. Besides, some resonance of water theories now floating around the web would require a Joe cell to work anyway. Last but not least, some people swear by the electrode material they use for hho generation. A photocatalyst effect is what they call it but I feel they fail to explain it really. Some are even offering TiO2 coating services for electrodes (youtube). Some use carbon electrodes / carbon fiber plates to demonstrate how they can manage to get electrolysis going with negligible amounts of electricity and with pure water as the electrolyte (which is something I find fascinating).

I would also like to feed it the radiant energy / cold electricity coming out from my monopole SSG and observe. My SG is currently disassembled because I needed a better wheel to make it go faster. Thats the only way for me to be certain and share info if and how it will affect hho generation.

If I get around to pursue hho tweakings and improvement any further, and if I find anything, I'll be sure to spread it in a hurry and make it open source asap. Personally, I feel I should buy a percheron horse, two thoroughbreds and other beasts of burden and forget about this entirely. I live in the countryside and I have a farm so..
      Last edited by Quigon10101; 12-25-2013, 08:53 PM. Reason: % sign and typos

Comment

people continue to invest on hho cells for have bad results.. there are inventors around the world that are working from years on hho cells without any good result. What you have to understand is .. I want make an different energy source but actually if you want substitute carbon you need to use nitrogen.. make ammonia on demand can be an great solution... But all peoples are oriented to ONLY make HHO .. But how many peoples know that hho cell produce a lot of carbon monoxide thanks to the steel interaction?? Apart make hho cells you must consider to unsderstand how these effectively work and what these produce. You can check simply if my words are an fake buying an low cost monoxide carbon instrument on internet and you found that you make more than >1500ppm of CO. That in all hho cells present on market. In this way you produce not only H2 O2 but also CO as output gas.

Comment

No sense to spent money and energy for make hho. HHO is just an energy consumer. HHO business is stopped. There are other solutions for make new independent fuel.

Comment

Depends on what you call succes.
            On a 1999 turbo diesel I was able to increase fuel efficiency with 6% measured over approx. 30.000 miles. Also the emission cleaned up to the extend that the MOT thought it had a gen 4 cat.
            Same pattern on a 2006 VW/Audi 2,5 TDI. Approx 6% improvement in fuel efficiency and emission so clean that it could pass a Euro 5a eventhough it is a Euro3 spec engine. I got the car at 189,000 km. Now 385,000 km and counting.
            When you cover something like 45.000 miles per year even 6% savings on the fuel begins to add up, but just as important is the emissions. I am not even close to run in to problems at the inspection. My biggest concern is that the car will soon be banned in larger German cities due to the fact that on paper it is only a Euro3.
            Both cars had increased power. The 1999 TDI was tested at 267,000 km. to 127 hp & 270 Nm. At 502,000 it was tested again and showed 136 hp and 285 Nm.
            The 2,5 TDI was tested at 190,000 km to 189 hp and 385 Nm. Got a new pump at 345,000 was tested again with the new pump and with the HHO on, and pulled 204 hp/400 Nm. Same day we tested it with Vpower diesel and HHO and got 212 hp and 410 Nm. I did not test it without the cell.

The advertised 20-30% I never got even remotely close to, but I also did not modify the sensor signals apart from 10% on the Nr. 1 O2 sensor.

T

Comment

The few times I've met with George Wiseman of Eagle Research, he has encouraged me to extend my fuel efficiency gains with water injection. Water injection before HHO is what he encouraged me to try, but I haven't yet gotten to it. I can't say why, when I was (and am!) clearly willing to buy an electrolyzer from him, but he is quiet to the point of cryptic in sharing what he knows which I interpret as encouragement to study more and learn more so that you can be on his level in a discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by AMPPMEUPP View Post
                Stan Meyer took his secrets with him and I once read that the Arab Oil Producers offered 1 BILLION in cash for his patents(s) and that tells you that it did what he said. Of course he refused and was most likely taken out after that with the heart attack device they tried to use on Tom Bearden.

I think the Meyer invention had a small window of opportunity and was complicated to get it right and I also believe this about the John Searle device. It seems that Mr. John Bedini has given us a much larger window for success and a less complicated learning curve, that can also help those interested in building a Brown's Gas generator that is way over 1 COP or even burning water as Stan Meyer did. Last time I checked a car still has a primary and secondary coil system to fire the spark plugs!!!

We shall be finding out as we all progress forward.

Richard.
                You are correct Richard, look its like this what if all these invention have one common drive to their respective performance? I think that is what it is. Compare Stan's work and John Bedini's work they are all the same except their receiveing 'Loads' are different and specific to what they do there. Stan indeed did not mention all in the patent and left the real working device either dismantled or hidden somewhere.
                For example if you see in the pictres where he shows the EPG set-up, the patent clearly mentions the fact that the EPG Tube is NON-MAGNETIC & NON-CONDUCTING for obvious resaons. However, in the pictures he released or those device that are in possesion of others have a copper tubing, also a standard transformer seems to be used instead of a specilazed one in the actula functioning.
                Im sure JB or even Peter lindeman would certainly be knowing the underlying functioning of these contraptions.
                Rgds,
                Faraday88.
                'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by heysoundude View Post
                  The few times I've met with George Wiseman of Eagle Research, he has encouraged me to extend my fuel efficiency gains with water injection. Water injection before HHO is what he encouraged me to try, but I haven't yet gotten to it. I can't say why, when I was (and am!) clearly willing to buy an electrolyzer from him, but he is quiet to the point of cryptic in sharing what he knows which I interpret as encouragement to study more and learn more so that you can be on his level in a discussion.
                  In his book BG2 read about the jimmy reeds experiment and the #8 Electrolyser and what he emphasizes about the Hyper gas generation and active cooing taking place either in the electrolyser. Yes , Gorge too knows more than what is allowed to claim.
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88.
                  'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Faraday88, pls tell me what you know about h2ge.com I understand that it uses 95% air and 5% gasoline. how about on diesel engines? It was mentioned in Engr. Murakami's thread. I am intrigued by h2ge and plasma ignition. tnx
                    Last edited by nuvisys; 08-28-2019, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X