Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Litz the trigger, or no?

Hey y'all,

I've seen two opinions on the litzing of the trigger wire into the master coil. One says don't litz the trigger in with the power windings, and the other says DO litz the trigger winding in with the power windings. Both ways seem to produce working systems, so I wonder, does it really matter at all? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Woody
    "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Hey Woody, from what i understand, if you wind the trigger wire together with the power windings you can't use the charge batteries to run the ssg, but if your trigger wire is separate eg: wind circuit you then can use the charged battery to run the same system, so if you had 5 batteries charging you could use one of them once the other run battery runs flat.

George N.

Comment

John Bedini has always twisted the trigger winding with the power windings, so that's what I do.

John K.

Comment

I agree, I've done it both ways and some mixing of winding some on the core then twisting the rest. I had strange anomalies that I could not control, so I stick with keeping the trigger along side the power coils. This gives the best transfer of energy. It is kind of neat to experiment if you have the time and wire though...

Patrick

Comment

Litz the trigger or not..?

Hi Woody,

If you study the Tesla Patent on Coils for Electromagnet, you will catch it.
          the Patent depicts a flat spiral configuration of Bifilar coil.
          this geometry of winding carrries a unique feature of the bifilar coupling.
          however, we deal with what is termed as helix geometry when we wind the SSG coils.
          take it this way, if you follow the Flat spiral configuartion, you need not Litz the trigger in the tri-filar set-up, but you do'nt , then it is required that you litz any two wires in the tri-filar coils.
          hope you are clear.
          Rgds,
          Faraday88.
          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Working...
          X