Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavily Discounted Quality Amorphous Solar Panels Now Available Down Under! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavily Discounted Quality Amorphous Solar Panels Now Available Down Under! :)

Very recently Jaycar Electronics (Australia) drastically dropped the prices on the 10W & 40W Amorphous Solar Panel Range as originally listed first in their 2012 catalogue:

"In the past, amorphous solar panels have been labelled as the cheap alternative... where long service life is not important - however that is about to change. Recent years have seen vast improvements... which we are now bringing to you with our updated range of amorphous solar panels... they now boast dual junction amorphous silicon with laser edged isolation construction, which means better output efficiency & longer panel life. The ZM9034 carries a 20 year warranty for it to maintain an output power above 80%... also offers tempered glass panelling for ... same protection as our monocrystaline... also fiited with an IP65 rated Junction Box & ... output cables... IP67 rated PV connectors."

Includes protective plastic corners & battery clips.
    Spec's: ZM9034 40W, 12V, 21.7V@ Pmax, -0.19%/degree C above 25 degrees, 1.85A @ Pmax, 2.26A @ s/cct, 30.9Vo/cct, 14.7kg, 1255x645x40mm $229
    ZM9030 10W 12V 17.5V@Pmax, -0.19%/degree C above 25 degrees, 572mA @ Pmax, 950mA @ s/cct, 21Vo/cct, 4.5kg, 923x313x20mm, 5 year warranty $89.95

Now, very recently, these two went on clearance due to stock-take (we prefer to get rid of them than count them). The ZM9034 went down to $110.05 & the ZM9030 was cut to $24.57. At that point I bought my state's supply out. A few days ago, the ZM9034 was again marked down to $61.47. I can tell you that as of today, Tassy, SA & the NT are all out, but the other states all have limited stock of maybe a dozen ZM9034's per state, no more in the warehouse & no transfers possible between stores.

Want some? Call up you nearest Jaycar retail store & quote the catalogue number (eg ZM9034). They will tell you where you need to go to get some & how many each store has. They're easy enough to carry under one arm & fit below line-of-sight on the back seat of my VZV6 Commodore. Ask staff to check for panel scratches, bits missing, etc & the manager of that store is able to discount you further.

Jaycar is also established in New Zealand, UK, USA, etc - would be interesting to see if similar clearances are being offered!

IMPORTANT : None of these are advertised. In most cases, the only way you will ever know is by going into a store that has one in stock, asking for the exact catalogue number & watching the look of shock on the faces of the sales staff as they ring up the purchase!

Originally posted by Barrie Castle View Post
    Very recently Jaycar Electronics (Australia) drastically dropped the prices on the 10W & 40W Amorphous Solar Panel Range as originally listed first in their 2012 catalogue:

"In the past, amorphous solar panels have been labelled as the cheap alternative... where long service life is not important - however that is about to change. Recent years have seen vast improvements... which we are now bringing to you with our updated range of amorphous solar panels... they now boast dual junction amorphous silicon with laser edged isolation construction, which means better output efficiency & longer panel life. The ZM9034 carries a 20 year warranty for it to maintain an output power above 80%... also offers tempered glass panelling for ... same protection as our monocrystaline... also fiited with an IP65 rated Junction Box & ... output cables... IP67 rated PV connectors."

Includes protective plastic corners & battery clips.
    Spec's: ZM9034 40W, 12V, 21.7V@ Pmax, -0.19%/degree C above 25 degrees, 1.85A @ Pmax, 2.26A @ s/cct, 30.9Vo/cct, 14.7kg, 1255x645x40mm $229
    ZM9030 10W 12V 17.5V@Pmax, -0.19%/degree C above 25 degrees, 572mA @ Pmax, 950mA @ s/cct, 21Vo/cct, 4.5kg, 923x313x20mm, 5 year warranty $89.95

Now, very recently, these two went on clearance due to stock-take (we prefer to get rid of them than count them). The ZM9034 went down to $110.05 & the ZM9030 was cut to $24.57. At that point I bought my state's supply out. A few days ago, the ZM9034 was again marked down to $61.47. I can tell you that as of today, Tassy, SA & the NT are all out, but the other states all have limited stock of maybe a dozen ZM9034's per state, no more in the warehouse & no transfers possible between stores.

Want some? Call up you nearest Jaycar retail store & quote the catalogue number (eg ZM9034). They will tell you where you need to go to get some & how many each store has. They're easy enough to carry under one arm & fit below line-of-sight on the back seat of my VZV6 Commodore. Ask staff to check for panel scratches, bits missing, etc & the manager of that store is able to discount you further.

Jaycar is also established in New Zealand, UK, USA, etc - would be interesting to see if similar clearances are being offered!

IMPORTANT : None of these are advertised. In most cases, the only way you will ever know is by going into a store that has one in stock, asking for the exact catalogue number & watching the look of shock on the faces of the sales staff as they ring up the purchase!
    Hi Barrie,

Thanks for the tip.

Is Pmax the same as vmp - max loaded voltage?
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the response. It has been a looonng time since I've posted here. I should be good to start building again in my holidays coming up.

Yes, "21.7V @ Pmax" refers to the loaded voltage for the panels to provide their maximum power output. I'll use your - what's it called? - designator? Just to show we're speaking the same lingo. After reading Peter Linderman's Solar Secrets, it surprised me to see the differing specifications for heat degradation to be quite significant (-0.47%... for monocrystaline!)

Have you given your local Jaycar store a phone call yet just to ask if they have any mark-downs on amorphous panels in the USA? Or is the story somewhat different to here in The States? I heard you guys were trying to get factories making amorphous panels again, but every time one tries to get up, they mysteriously go bankrupt!

Comment

Working...
      X