A Strange Bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Strange Bird

I have made a video of this and will look to try and post it this week. I finished some work I was doing and decided to do a little fun hobby work. Whew! I have a strange and very strange bird on my hands. This will make much more sense with the video but I will try to describe and also likely steal all the thunder from the video at the same time. So some time back in an EFTV video I heard a tale about some fella that said as a teenager he saw an alien ship in an Army base and he saw a power source that consisted of two coils intertwined at right angles. This struck me as a wierd thing so I took a "base" air coil (like you would get from Radioshack) and wound a hundred or so winds into/around it. My plan was to pulse the base (40 wind air coil) per Ardiuno, capture the inductive spike then see what I got off the pickup coil. Not much, but I noticed my hands changed things a lot depending on where they were so I found a good place to add an earth ground and this improved things a bit (0.2->I don't know 1.8V) from the pickup coil. Then I connected the pickup coil directly to the "base coil", i.e. one coil. This shot the voltage to maybe 8V. I began disconnecting things and found a voltage of 30-45V disconnecting wires from the BR. Next something happened, I don't remember whether accidentally or messing around but I disconnected the + to the base coil ( well as they were both linked together it is one coil now). The voltage from the "pick-up" coil went up to 55 volts. The measured amp draw (there was still some amps flowing as discussed later) went from 0.02 to 0.00 and I thought "this is a strange bird." There is no + connection to the circuit yet power is drawn off the pick-up coil. It is one-wire power, something I had always seen as a curiosity now showed a COP of 0.5 -1 on this random set-up. To say it again this is a single coil anyone can wind, you can pulse it with Arduino or similar function generator and in pulsing it you only hook the negative to the coil. Somehow there is an amp draw, (don't tell me the Arduino bleeds through because it has no where to bleed to with only a negative connection to the coil), somehow the coil generates power.

Give me a little time to post the vid. The middle third of the video got lost, wouldn't play back, I think this is because I was dealing with one-wire power and it messed with the phone, sorry. While I don't hope for a lot of comments on a machine that runs only off the negative, I'm happy at this time to answer questions. It's pretty weird.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Can you also post a detailed diagram of the setup?
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
      Looking forward to seeing it.

Can you also post a detailed diagram of the setup?
      Hi Aaron,

Give me a little bit of time on this one. I am going to reshoot the vid as it was 30+ min and now that I understand it better it can be done quicker. Second I have proceeded a bit further and this is something odd. It is strange enough I wanted to delay but I have built it a half dozen times or so now. With my lack of formal education or training it is still possible I am missing something stupid, but the thing has become so simple that I don't think so. Next was whether this was some sort of parlour trick type finding or something interesting/useful, it looks to be the latter. I said I proceeded further I looked at this with just a regular old coil, any old inductor, air coil, iron core both work. You can pulse that coil from an Aruindo to 3055, coil loaded between emitter and circuit ground, capture spike with backwards diode to one lead of cap and other end of coil to other lead of cap. I will just come out and say it, you can remove the positive line to the coil and replace it with an Earth ground and the thing runs just fine. Draws about the same amps charges a little slower. My working hypothesis, though I really don't know, is that somehow the circuit ground becomes positive to the Earth ground and allows a flow from circuit - -> coil -> earth ground, only a guess, it certainly looks funny.

Where this gets even more interesting, at least to me, is that the right angle wound coil behaves differently. What you have here is a coil wound first one way then at right angles. One connection is a center tap where the wire changes angles (heck I'll just show it in the video). With this set-up, a) there is a lot of one wire type stuff going on, i.e. my monitor is 'fritzing" as I write and am charging batteries with this set-up, there are lots of small filamentous "sparkler" type sparks when you make and break connections that I associate with one wire power. b) in this case when you replace the + connection with Earth ground, amp draw plummets and charging rate drops modestly. With just my first completely random set-up I am getting maybe 90% energy back to a cap. It behaves beautifully with lead acid batteries. Haven't had a chance to see if it was only a surface charge but if not over one 1/2 hour test run battery-> charge battery I am seeing very conservatively COP 3-4 not counting the switching costs for the Arduino. I am going to look at different coil windings going forward, as I don't know how this works don't know what to change except by trial and error but there may be room for improvement. It it improves a lot I'll probably shut up about it, I mean you are just not "supposed" to be able to do this with an Arduino a 3055 and an old coil of wire you have lying around. It still could be nothing, probably not but maybe, or maybe interesting but with a lot of problems/limitations arising, if not I am sort of stunned, I am almost offended, it shouldn't be that easy, it is almost like a glitch in creation a toddler could throw it together accidentally. Again possibly nothing but I don't think so.

Will try and get you a video and circuit diagram by the week-end if not sooner. Oh and as for the whole thing being "alien flying saucer" tech. Where are they gonna put the Earth Ground on the "flying saucer" morans ... some people are so gullible. Bit of a joke there, I don't know what the hell the thing is, its freaky

Ciao,

Paul
      Last edited by ZPDM; 05-27-2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Appended below please find Strange Bird 1, 2, still need to get out 3, takes so darn long to upload.

Had trouble posting second video so here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SuawtWrexQ

I think this is a nothing burger. I am ruminating like a cow on this one. A very good chance I have something complicated but stupid, possible chance I have something interesting. Oh and the charge battery didn't hold up well over night so I was a bit premature on my optimistic COP with batteries. I investigated a bit more today. So (and as to Strange Bird, when the power line fell off and the thing kept drawing amps and putting out radiant I thought "that is a strange bird", also why I said a toddler could stumble into this) considering the set-up in vid 1, basically pulsing a coil with an aurduino but the positive line is replaced by earth ground, I have at least an idea for what is going on. If I set things up correctly, which is a good question, when I opto isolated the arduino and ran the thing opto -> Mosfet, the effect disappeared. Likewise opto -> 3055, nothing. So what seems to be happening is the coil is set up between earth ground/power supply ground. The positive of the power supply "must" be returning to the arduino ground (there are three separate grounds). Somehow, at least how I view it, the power supply ground must now be a positive line in relation to the earth ground and this allows the coil to pulse, that's my guess, though it may be one-wire in that there is only one wire, the circuit negative, actually going to the circuit. At the least I understand there can be multiple grounds now, I recall, though I don’t recall his name some fellow from I think Eastern Europe who had a Tesla based machine with two grounds spaced at least 30 feet apart.

The more interesting question is whether something is going on with the right angled coil in vids 2 and 3. To try and look at this today I just tried to repeat the set-up and use a center tap between two separate coils. This got confusing as I found a bit of a node effect in the unpowered coil, but I didn't see anything influencing amp draw from a separate coil, the coils seemed completely independent of each other. I think I may have a nothing burger here despite the end of vid 3. The reason being, it is possible that when the power line was hooked up the power flowed through the 40 wind coil and so showed large amp draw. When the power line was disconnected the circuit negative line now became the power line and flowed to the earth ground through the 120 wind secondary coil, hence decreased amp draw. Could be wrong need to look at it more.

With all these different grounds floating around and seeing so many odd things I am cutting myself some slack on this one. I have no idea what's going on. I really suspect from fiddling with gyroscopes, right hand rule that there is some interesting stuff that can be done with coils wound at right angles, I don't know whether I have found any of it. At the same time I am just really starting to enjoy pulsing air coils and will look at that more whether I find anything with the right angled coils or not.

When I wrap this up I should probably go back to circular motion to try to contribute. Others may have said it, but it is entirely denied at this time and there are just such obvious things there that don’t fit conventional physics and you can feel with your fingers.

So, and I am not being coy here I would either not mention something or say what it is, I don’t think I probably found much here. Strange bird is strange but maybe doesn’t fly. I’ll post vid 3 when I can, shows the dramatic dropoff in amp draw, which I think (I think) is just me switching from the 40 wind coil to the 120 wind coil. Will post schematics if people still want them.

You know and this is a guess, but I bet there is something to a right angle wound coil. I don’t have either the education or experience, neither have I yet built a window motor but it is driven by a right angled pulse to a rotor and it is apparently OU. I am just throwing it out there, is there any way to harness such a right angle pulse not to a rotor but to something solid state?
        Last edited by ZPDM; 05-30-2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Hi Paul,
          I tried to follow you through your writing and video but I m not sure I really understand what all you have going on there. I will offer a few comments but not sure if they are relevant.

First I believe you may be powering that primary coil, the one with earth ground and circuit ground by what is known as a grounding loop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_...electricity%29

Also when you consider the nature of pulsed circuits you will have bidirectional polarity, getting a pulse in the first place from only ground may be because of the ground loop with it's difference in potentials and then off to the secondary coil you could pick up some induction (like a transformer). The secondary coil will now also create bidirectional polarity, one side of that being the normal current and then the collapse we all know and love which gets you the high voltage.

I did a lot of experiments with pulsing a single coil from an aurduino and found a lot could be done from the induction field. You can even pick off either from the neg or pos polarity depending on how you take from it. What I mean by that is I could see it drawing from my "charge" potential in a mode 1 type circuit, or flip it around and see it take from the primary side. One thing was always clear however, it had too come from somewhere and I would "pay" for it. If I got too greedy on the charge side no charging would occour and I basically had a three potential system sitting there distributing from the third output which was induction coupled to the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
            Hi Paul,
            I tried to follow you through your writing and video but I m not sure I really understand what all you have going on there. I will offer a few comments but not sure if they are relevant.

First I believe you may be powering that primary coil, the one with earth ground and circuit ground by what is known as a grounding loop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_...electricity%29

Also when you consider the nature of pulsed circuits you will have bidirectional polarity, getting a pulse in the first place from only ground may be because of the ground loop with it's difference in potentials and then off to the secondary coil you could pick up some induction (like a transformer). The secondary coil will now also create bidirectional polarity, one side of that being the normal current and then the collapse we all know and love which gets you the high voltage.

I did a lot of experiments with pulsing a single coil from an aurduino and found a lot could be done from the induction field. You can even pick off either from the neg or pos polarity depending on how you take from it. What I mean by that is I could see it drawing from my "charge" potential in a mode 1 type circuit, or flip it around and see it take from the primary side. One thing was always clear however, it had too come from somewhere and I would "pay" for it. If I got too greedy on the charge side no charging would occour and I basically had a three potential system sitting there distributing from the third output which was induction coupled to the other two.
            Bobzilla,

Many many thanks. that almost certainly explains it ... I discovered a ground loop. I am going to make a tactical retreat for a time back to just pulsing coils with Arduino, then at some point I have two things to look at going forward, coils wound at right angles and ground loops. Will try and post video three and schematic for ground loop circuit sometime next week. Again, appreciate the help.

Comment

Glad I could help.

The right angle coil sounds interesting. I wonder if you could get the effect by putting a normal coil in the middle of a big toroid? Sure would make it easier to construct if you could get a pre-wound toriod anyway.

Comment

Well I started winding another right angle coil so I might as well continued on. I also thought of the same thing and wouldn't you then have something starting to look like a Tesla Coil? I've put 800 winds 24 gauge on a plastic spool, there is a splice at around 500 and I left it accessible so I'll have two different numbers of winds to look at. Gathered a fair amount of baseline data on how this coil behaves being pulsed with arduino/radiant spike. Wrapped a lot of 32 gauge on a small screw drive and I'll see how many secondary winds I can thread on, it's not so bad, sort of like knitting I suppose. The I'll see what I get and if behavior of first coil has changed or not as well.

Going back real quick to the ground loop. I realize now what I was doing was either pulsing the primary 40 wind coil, then when I disconnected the positive it set up a ground loop across the secondary 120 wind coil. So I was seeing this big drop off in amp draw and still getting radiant and thought it might be something interesting. I went ahead and just pulsed the secondary conventionally and got nearly same results as with ground loop. So something complicated but stupid, or at least not useful that I can think of.

Comment

I'm an idiot. I realized as I started to wind the "lots of winds has to be great coil" that I was thinking back to the ground loop set up where I unwound a 40 wind primary to 10 with no changes at all, but that was with the whole ground loop problem, the primary coil wasn't even in that circuit any longer. That's the first thing to look at. Again I got no idea on all this, but if I had to guess there is at least a chance this might be a cousin to a Tesla coil. I really need to stop fing around and read his patents some day soon. If this isn't something boring and if it has at least a bit in common with a Tesla coil I would guess, though I don't understand why, you would want a thick few wind primary. Jesus willing I hope to get back to "sling shots and gyroscopes" at some point. There is enough there to spend time on and I just have a feeling if you got a bit of a handle on it, it is interesting and might for what it's worth possibly also extrapolate to EM. Anyways I am going to unwind the primary on one of my wound coils and see what I get from the secondary.

Comment

Started on a variant approach, though still the same idea. This time I am taking basically what would look like a window motor coil and am putting a single wrap of thin wire around it. It shows some promise. There is also a lot of unexpected, for me, behavior and the circuit isn't entirely intuitive, have one diode that I threw in from just poking around and it probably doubles output and I have no clue as to why. There are enough odd things that I won't try to cover them here. Bobzilla's point about winding the coil is now well taken but I have sort of gotten into the whole Avengers movies thing, so put one on and knit some coil sort of thing. Will likely make a video soon as this continues to progress and this may possibly be worth a circuit diagram, I want to put on a "few" more windings first.

Comment

Alright, enough! I wound maybe 1500 winds on a 6 inch diameter 50 wind window motor style coil. I was getting maybe 50% back one wire. That was impressive to me as I hardly ever see anything one wire especially at 6V. Couldn't do anything more with it, if you want to try more winds on a larger coil be my guest. It doesn't seem real linear. Can't seem to get more from radiant from primary+ pickup.

Will say the diode I mentioned changed things from maybe 20-25% back to 50% back. It is like this, off the BR (hooked to pickup coil) (it can be either + or - but let's use +) place an additional (backward) diode between the + of BR and + of cap. The thing takes off. This is a pretty robust finding as it showed up in almost every variation I tried. Don't understand it, maybe somehow the one wire circulates though the cap and an additional diode stops this but that doesn't make sense and really I got nothing but that it is there.

I think Bobzilla's approach of one coil inside the other is a good way to go. I read somewhere (Energetic Forum?) of someone who was doing something along these lines. So I will take a break order a little wire and eventually go to the hardware store, there I will get PVC piping of different diameters. I am hoping maybe 1/2 to 5/8, 2 1/2 to 2/5/8, etc. Then I can just wind different coils slide them around and see how they behave. Again I should read more because I worry I am being like Edison and just trying everything where if I read and thought a bit it would be much more clear but heck it is always fun to see one wire power.

Comment

Working...
                      X