No announcement yet.

Dr Robert Beck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some photos of my crocodile electrodes as I promised and some of my finished brain tuner:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	45581Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 28.jpg
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	45582Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 22.jpg
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	45583Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 25.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	45584Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 31.jpg
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	45585

Comment

• Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
      I'm not sure if you're referring to my device or the protoboard circuit posted by fractalprism. Could you clarify so I can answer your question accordingly?

Vtech
      was actually referring to the PDF of Dr becks on the first few posts (post 9 i believe of yours) . I have had the pdf for a bit before I found this site. I am curently trying to build the one on page 20 as i have the materials bought already. however, on this schematic ( i am very new to this but super interested ), I am a little confused on the dpdt relay ( the switch ). Not sure how that works.

but main question is the difference from page 20 and page 17

Comment

• Originally posted by psykopanther View Post
        was actually referring to the PDF of Dr becks on the first few posts (post 9 i believe of yours) . I have had the pdf for a bit before I found this site. I am curently trying to build the one on page 20 as i have the materials bought already. however, on this schematic ( i am very new to this but super interested ), I am a little confused on the dpdt relay ( the switch ). Not sure how that works.

but main question is the difference from page 20 and page 17
        This is double row switch which means it have two separate sections (or two switches inside). One section is used to direct 30V from voltage multiplier to either BE or CS. Other section is switching 9V. I did this because my enclosure wouldn't accommodate potentiometer with switch to turn everything off, including voltage multiplier. Also, to disconnect the timer when using Electrifier option. You may skip my timer option to simplify your circuit. Once you use such potentiometer w switch another one isn't necessary anymore. Just run positive from battery to the board through pot switch.

Vtech

Comment

• I used this switch from jameco :

MS-306-R: JAMECO VALUEPRO: Electromechanical

hopefully that long link will work. is this the correct one as i could not find the switch part number listed in the pdf (sr15p207d1)

Comment

I used this switch from jameco :

MS-306-R: JAMECO VALUEPRO: Electromechanical

hopefully that long link will work. is this the correct one as i could not find the switch part number listed in the pdf (sr15p207d1)
            If you're using potentiometer with switch to cut the power from battery this will work. Actually, you don't need a switch at all. CS circuit doesn't draw any power without silver electrodes submerged in water but if you want to use a timer than you need to switch between BE and CS, when timer only works with CS. That's the purpose of a diode on my pcb layout. I used toggle since they're easier to mount - round hole instead of rectangular. However, if you want to replicate my circuit and use regular potentiometer without switch you'll need On-OFF-ON, like this - T203T1B1A1QN: JAMECO VALUEPRO: Electromechanical

Vtech

Comment

• thanks for the quick reply. I am wanting to first try the schematic as it is, as I am very new to this. then i will look into changing things when i know I have one working lol. The switch i bought and linked in the above post is still confusing to me. what i do not understand is the connections to the switch.

The coil is connected to the 6 volt "upper" part of the schematic. This upper i assume is the CS side? The coil on the particular switch i bought should be located on the center 2 pins. One side for positive and other for negative. on that schematic though, i do not understand the connection of the 27 volts to the one side of the switch, And the power going out to the other side. i do not understand this because i do not understand how i would connected another ground to the 27 volt side since there is not another place to connect it.

to make things a bit clearer, i will try to show on this diagram ---

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	45589

1 is power going to the diodes. 2 is both power and ground from the 27 volt source ( this is where i am confused ). and 3 is the switch on/off. there are 6 pins on the switch. 2 will be on the coil (one power, one ground). 2 more will be going out to the diodes and then out to the electrodes. this leave 2 pins. yet i am still needing to provide power and ground to the switch from the 27 volts.

1 -- | -- 4
              2 -- | -- 5
              3 -- | -- 6

2 and 5 are my coil, 2 could be power and 5 could be the ground for it. 1 and 4 are one side of the switch. 1 could be the "1" side of the diagram i marked up above. 4 would have to be "2" on my diagram (where both power and ground are on the schematic?) and pretty much the same for 3 and 6. this confuses me and i know its simply because i am not that familiar with relay setups, but i am wanting to learn.

does this make any sense lol?

sorry so small of a image. just zoom in some

Comment

• Now you got me lost. Where did you get this diagram? There are no circuits on the page 20
                This diagram has errors. Zener diodes suppose to be in series with anodes facing and also in series with bi-color LED, not shorted like that. You must be referring to the old Beck circuit with relay which was updated years later. I never bothered with older circuit but used the newer one and later added voltage multiplier to eliminate the need for three batteries and timer.
                I can help you build the newer one which will work 100% either with 3 batteries or just one.

Vtech
                Last edited by blackchisel97; 05-17-2013, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Hi Mike, Yes it was posted before but I'll refresh these circuits - this is updated original Bob Beck schematics for 3x9V batteries and voltage multiplier which boosts 9V to >30V allowing use of single 9V. Click image for larger version

Name:	BeckSchematic.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	45590Click image for larger version

Name:	7660 VM.JPG
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	45591
                  This one is my mod. with constant current limiter instead of small bulb as per original.

Name:	BeckSchematic w CC Rev1.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	45592

Vtech

Comment

• i got it from one of the documents posted in previous posts. since there are a few and i dont remember which one it was, here is the document from a DB account.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pp7v61gf4m...dated-Beck.pdf

its page 20 on the pdf, but 25 on my document reader. I assume know that this was the older version.

If the reposted schematic is the newest, and works the same, i will use that one instead. looks easier anyways. Although i am still curious as to the correctly wiring on the original schematic just for future reference and wiring knowledge.
                    Last edited by psykopanther; 05-17-2013, 10:26 PM.

Comment

i got it from one of the documents posted in previous posts. since there are a few and i dont remember which one it was, here is the document from a DB account.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pp7v61gf4m...dated-Beck.pdf

its page 20 on the pdf, but 25 on my document reader. I assume know that this was the older version.

If the reposted schematic is the newest, and works the same, i will use that one instead. looks easier anyways. Although i am still curious as to the correctly wiring on the original schematic just for future reference and wiring knowledge.
                      Yes, this is an updated and tested diagram which will work without any problems. I wouldn't bother with the older one. There may be more errors beside the one I spotted.
                      This updated circuit can be done as is - for 27V or with voltage multiplier - for 9V supply. Both were tested and work.

Vtech

Comment

• Mr.blackchisel ,local shop in my area don't have 20k resister ,if I use 2 10k resisters behalf of 20k will it do the same job.I have all the parts except the mouser transformer and the 20k resister.there is a branch of mouser electronics in India also but in defferent city.I try to contact for the transformer because I have checked my local area stores along with the big market but they don't have the transformer nor the transformer of that specifications.I dont know when the transformer will arive,if there is a defferent transformer that can be used for BT please tell me.
                        Last edited by sunshiner434; 05-22-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunshiner434 View Post
                          Mr.blackchisel ,local shop in my area don't have 20k resister ,if I use 2 10k resisters behalf of 20k will it do the same job.I have all the parts except the mouser transformer and the 20k resister.there is a branch of mouser electronics in India also but in defferent city.I try to contact for the transformer because I have checked my local area stores along with the big market but they don't have the transformer nor the transformer of that specifications.I dont know when the transformer will arive,if there is a defferent transformer that can be used for BT please tell me.
                          Yes, two 10k in series will result in 20k combined resistance. I ordered transformer from Mouser (in different country) and don't know of any substitute which could be used instead.

Vtech

Comment

• Ok sir,then I will have contact the mouser electronics branch in my country.let see what they say.

Comment

• I have ordered 42TM006 RC.The mouser electronics branch in my cuntry said it will take one week to reach my home.I will post the pics when I finish the BT v2.Thank very much Mr.blackchisel and Mr.algorythm for helping me.I am also interested in making other bob beck devices.I will try to contact with you guies if face any problem making them.I hope you guies will check this thread regularly for the comments of new members because this thread is the only way for me to contact you guies.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO MR.BLACKCHISEL AND MR.ALGORYTHM FOR HELPING ME.

Comment

Working...
                              X