Dr Robert Beck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
    Here are the new boards for Bob Beck BE/CS generator with timer. I'll assemble one today to make sure everything works ok.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1551[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1552[/ATTACH]

Vtech
    Hi Vtech,

Nice boards. Please send me a tested unit. I will help with your expenses.

sincerely,
    teej_seeker

Comment

• Originally posted by teej_seeker View Post
      Hi Vtech,

Nice boards. Please send me a tested unit. I will help with your expenses.

sincerely,
      teej_seeker
      Teej_seeker. Could you specify what would you like to have? Do you want only assembled and tested pcb? The way it was designed, pcb board is connected to the power socket with a diode preventing reversed polarity damage. On the front panel are two female sockets; 2.5 and 3.5mm for cables (silver colloid and wrist electrodes). To eliminate some wires going to and from the board 22uF capacitor is soldered directly to one of the sockets. His other leg is soldered directly to bi-color LED. There is also one wire going from the socket to the potentiometer. Double switch is connecting 30V on one side to either BE or CS and 9V on the other side, so BE will not work from power supply and CS will not work from battery. Since CS can be only made while powered from the wall adapter, internal timer also operates only in this mode. Summarizing, battery powers only BE unit. Of course, you can customize everything as you wish. Also, I believe you have 220VAC in your country, not 110VAC so my power adapter will be useless.
      Tell me exactly which parts you need and which you don't and how comfortable you're with the assembly (switch, potentiometer, sockets, LED's).
      I just discovered few more 358's so I'll be able to assemble and test one board after all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beck Kit.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	45329

Thank you
      Vtech
      Last edited by blackchisel97; 02-27-2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
        Teej_seeker. Could you specify what would you like to have? Do you want only assembled and tested pcb? The way it was designed, pcb board is connected to the power socket with a diode preventing reversed polarity damage. On the front panel are two female sockets; 2.5 and 3.5mm for cables (silver colloid and wrist electrodes). To eliminate some wires going to and from the board 22uF capacitor is soldered directly to one of the sockets. His other leg is soldered directly to bi-color LED. There is also one wire going from the socket to the potentiometer. Double switch is connecting 30V on one side to either BE or CS and 9V on the other side, so BE will not work from power supply and CS will not work from battery. Since CS can be only made while powered from the wall adapter, internal timer also operates only in this mode. Summarizing, battery powers only BE unit. Of course, you can customize everything as you wish. Also, I believe you have 220VAC in your country, not 110VAC so my power adapter will be useless.
        Tell me exactly which parts you need and which you don't and how comfortable you're with the assembly (switch, potentiometer, sockets, LED's).
        I just discovered few more 358's so I'll be able to assemble and test one board after all.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1555[/ATTACH]

Thank you
        Vtech
        hi Vtech,

I would need the entire kit as per your design, I can assemble and solder the parts my self. Yes you are right, mains AC in Malaysia is 240V, hence i would need to source one locally.

I appreciate what you are doing.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

sincerely,

teej_seeker

Comment

• Ok. So you want assembled and tested pcb plus all components - jacks, pot, switch, Also: enclosure, cover with sockets, cables and silver wire. Is that correct? I could as well send you one fully assembled unit. The only difference between what you're asking for and fully assembled one is drilling seven holes and fixing jacks, pot, switch and LED's in. An hour more work for me. However, it is entirely up to you.
          I'll need your address to estimate shipping cost. You can PM me and I'll let you know the cost and my PayPal account#.

Thank you
          Vtech

Comment

• I assembled and tested couple boards and except one missing pad (for positive wire from switch to pin 8 of 358) everything works fine.
            Here is a parts list:
            IC's: - LM 358, TL7660, CD4060,
            Transistors: - 2x BC547, 1x 2N2222 or equivalent
            Zener Diodes: - 1N4746 (18V) x2
            Shottky Diodes: - 1N5819 x6
            LED's: bicolor x1, low power red x1. CD4060 has pin 7 for LED + 1k to "+" for timer monitor option but there is no pad on pcb.
            Optional diode 1N4001 for battery polarity reversal protection,
            There is also another 1N4001 diode which can be soldered on pcb or at the switch. It prevents timer from running when blood electrifier is selected - see the layout below.
            Capacitors: 10uF/50V electrolytic x6
            22uF/50V electrolytic x1
            100nF (0.1uF) x2
            10nF (0.01uF) x1
            Potentiometer: 100k linear + knob
            Resistors: all can be rated at 0.125W
            2.4M
            1.5M
            1M
            100k x2
            820Ω
            Double row switch - On-Off-On - http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271130896651?...84.m1439.l2649
            Active buzzer - http://www.ebay.ca/itm/220954677107?...84.m1439.l2649
            3.5mm female audio socket w/switch,
            2.5mm female audio socket,
            Two sets of cables for wrist electrodes (3.5mm male plug) and CS (2.5mm male plug)
            DC socket w/battery disconnect switch and matching AC/DC adapter.

Those sockets I got disconnect neg. and I had to change few of my first models. Later, I swapped output wires inside the adapter to have neg. in the center of a plug so the socket switch is disconnecting positive of a battery.

22uF capacitor can be soldered directly at 3.5mm socket and connect to bicolor LED. This save running extra wires to the board. One terminal of potentiometer is also connected directly to the socket on the front panel.
            PCB below is the earlier version but layout of components is the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BECK layout Rev1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	45333Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0694.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	45332

I can provide either bare or populated and tested pcb's with remaining electronic components to be assembled. The cost of bare pcb is $25 (shipping included) and populated/tested pcb + pot, 22uF cap, led's and sockets $80.
            Vtech
            Last edited by blackchisel97; 03-13-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Hello.

Couple important things regarding magnetic pulser design. The main capacitor needs to have very low ESR (equivalent series resistance) in order to reduce the stress. An average (decent) capacior can have rating of 0.4 - 0.7 Ohm, while the one used by SOTA in their pulser has only 0.076 Ohm. With a cap charged to 300V there will be about 4A current going through.
              Now, with higher ESR this current gets pretty serious and will contribute to heating > shorting capacitor life. An average photoflash capacitor from camera is rated at 5-10 thousand pulses only. The one used in Sota pulser is rated at 30 million.
              One more thing is the reversed current from inductive collapse of pulsing coil. This can also damage capacitor prematurely. We can prevent this by placing good size (at least 6A 600 - 1000V) diode across the cap (reversed polarity, of course).
              Pulse duration should be around 2-2.5ms and coil should measure at least 2.5mH. This should produce strong enough pulse (100-150A peak) to induce 50 - 100uA current in the tissue in order to be effective. Same idea as blood electrifier.

Vtech

Comment

• Hello.
                I've been working lately on different design for Magnetic Pulser. After reading hundreds of pages of publications regarding positive effect of fluctuating magnetic field not only for lymph nodes but variety of conditions I came to the conclusion that:
                -such unit should be made portable,
                -it should allow for variable pulse varying from 1 - 30pps. Similar mechanism as seen in Red Light Therapy where most important variable (beside red light wavelength) is the frequency of pulse repetition. Out tissue. bones, joints and organs will respond better when exposed to certain frequency. I see this being more important than magnetic flux density. It is not necessary to pulse with 1T field to obtain desirable effect. 50-60G will allow penetration up to 12" deep into our body.
                -it should allow to use a stylus with encapsulated coil as well as other therapy transducer such as a cuff or a mat.
                Our feet have large number of points which could be stimulated in such way.
                What I observed is improved blood circulation in extremities after each session. Also, analgesic effect.
                What I'm trying to change in my design is the way the device is being powered. I did ask for an advice (Thank you Carroll) and the idea of feeding capacitors via half way bridge directly from mains is far from optimal. I have my device made in such way and so far I didn't notice any signs of capacitor failing or heat being generated (other than current limiting resistors and pulsing coil).
                I decide on different approach by stepping 110VAC mains down to 24VAC by means of transformer and using voltage doubler to step voltage up. I measured 67VDC on main storage bank (20,000uF). This way I was able to separate entirely from mains and operate in much safer range.
                My prototype pulse oscillator is based on LM555 with variable pulse (from 1-30pps) running at 10% duty cycle and the pulse width of 2.5ms.
                Challenging part appears to be the switch capable of discharging into 8-10mH aircoil. I got it running with SCR but he is latching even with snubber attached. Few hundred uF isn't a problem but increasing capacitor bank over 1000uF doesn't work.
                I will order some Mosfets and try to bridge 4 in parallel. I'm also thinking of using gate drivers to assure they're switching well. Seems like another delay and waiting for parts. I also need at least 150W toroidal transformer (the one I have is 40W and it gets warm at higher pulsing rate, even with small capacitors) and figure out how to wind such coil so it will fit inside the handset which I already have. They have beautiful air inductors at Allparts but they're about 3" in dia. Too much for me.

Will update when I solve all of the above issues.
                Thanks
                Vtech

Comment

• Hi Vtech

From this side I am just quietly admiring your work on the different posts, you are working on projects I that is quite close to me, something that I wanted to get built some years ago but did not have the know how or the energy to see it through.

Big mag pulsars are of great benefit to Lyme disease sufferers and there are many who suffer from this disease in one from or another. Would be great if this project could end up in this direction.

I see what the other systems have is by using different capacitor for different frequencies inline or series with the coil, I think it was to get the coil to resonate with the different frequencies.

Will get you more info if you want to look at it, just ask, (I need to dig it up here).

thanks for all your work

Theunis
                  Last edited by Prinsloo; 03-12-2013, 11:52 PM.
                  Hey !
                  WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !
                  JUST THINK ABOUT IT . . .

Comment

• Thank you Theunis. It would be great if you could find some more info regarding this subject. I'll appreciate that.

Vtech

Comment

• This is a prototype of Magnetic Pulser I'm working on. Gate driver has two separate units which have joined inputs 2&4. The outputs 5,7 can drive two Mosfets. I'm thinking of adding one more driver so I can run 4 Mosfets in parallel. I got couple IRF640 running a.t.m but they need to be replaced for something better, perhaps STPNF10. I'm testing with 30V power supply without a voltage doubler but it should run from 24VAC as per schematics. LM555 based oscillator runs fine and provides what's needed. I have full range from 1 to 28Hz at my disposal but Mosfets will need heatsinks with faster pulse.
                      More testing ahead. Will post an update.

Thanks
                      Vtech
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by blackchisel97; 03-23-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• After reading my previous posts I realized that additional clarification should be offered. What I'm working on is relatively high power pulse device however, this pulse will be comparable with Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) technology. The idea behind is the same as per Robert Beck design but without the need to build a coil gun. This isn't necessary, in my opinion.
                        I calculated approx. 60A pulse is being discharged into 0.4Ohm coil right now, with lower input. When finalized, this unit should produce magnetic flux of 50 - 60G within 1/4" from the coil surface. I like the idea of variable pulse rate but it might not be necessary to crank it all the way up to 30Hz. Probably, range from 1 - 10 will be efficient.
                        The second idea, also based on fluctuating magnetic field will have a different purpose. I want to have full range of frequencies from 1 - 30Hz but I would reduce the flux way down to 100 -500uT range. The idea behind this is stimulating and tuning our body with subtle magnetic fields. They should mimic what nature does and on the same level. One may question such approach with argument that nature already provides us with such, so why bother? The reason I see it is the fact that many of us live totally isolated from beneficial influence of Earth. Take for example dirty EMF smog from wireless devices, cellular towers, transmission lines etc. Trying to tune with subtle energies in such environment could be proven just as successful as trying to listen to the crystal radio inside the dance club. Possibility to ground yourself by walking on the grass covered with dew could be just as complicated as the above. We need four elements in order to stay alive - air (clean), water (as previous), sleep and food. I believe this fifth element - The Earth and her magnetic field is just as important for us. Nature used to provide us with everything but many of those blessings are getting either short in supply or not readily available. I need to get more work done towards this part but it can be done, even with tuning being synchronized with our biological clock - there is no point of getting relaxed first thing in the morning but rather stimulated and energized.

Will post further thoughts and progress.
                        Thanks
                        Vtech

Thanks
                        Vtech

Comment

• Hello.
                          I've been working this weekend on pcb for Dr Beck tuner and finally got it done after long night. Finished at 6am, double checked and sent to the processing. It will have dimensions of 60x41mm, FR4 one sided laminate. I should have them done in about a week or so since I'm working on another pcb for Red Light Therapy device and Magnetic Pulser at the same time.
                          Will assemble them upon arrival and test before offering as a bare pcb or a kit. This version is based on Dr Beck design with only slight mod's in order to get frequencies right. Schematic diagram was posted earlier.

Thanks
                          Vtech

Comment

• Vetch
                            Please let us know the price of these units parts and kits I know myself and others are interested in them
                            Thank you for ur hard work
                            Kevin

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin View Post
                              Vetch
                              Please let us know the price of these units parts and kits I know myself and others are interested in them
                              Thank you for ur hard work
                              Kevin
                              Thank you Kevin. I think it will be the same as other Beck device; $25 bare pcb (worldwide shipping included), $80 assembled/tested board with all peripheral components (enclosure can be also included) + actual shipping. I didn't estimate the cost of ready to use unit with ear electrodes yet. I should know once I'll have one assembled and will provide the info here.

Vtech

Comment

• Magnetic Pulser

Hi Blackchizel97

I am Kostas, from Greece, I am a retired 65 years old graphic designer and my hobby is electronics but as an amateur. I show your remarkable presence at energyscienceforum and I have to say that PEOPLE LIKE YOU that HELP other people without a reward IS HARD TO FIND IN THE EARTH. Anyway keep doing what you do. For some years I am searching for a good Magnetic Pulser circuit, hopping that building it will help me solve some health problems. I show your prototype mag. pulser schematic that you are working now at the forum and I have to tell you that it looks like a patented by Charles Bratton (Patent US20110263925 - Pulsed Magnetic Therapy Device - Google Patents) MP, but no more in the market. There was a site The Ultimate Magnetic Pulser that you could order and buy it, but now refer that They are sold out of their products and nothing more.
                                The fact is that I tried to build this PM with no success. I have also collect some more MP circuits but only one works. It has two 1K aluminum clad resistors connected in parallel that are getting very hot after a while. Some times works OK, sometimes no.
                                I don't know if you want me to send you all of the MPs sch. to get an idea or help. Some of them are with PCBs in PDF format ready to be printed. Let me know.

Thank you again for your offer to other people. I appreciate what your are doing.

Waiting to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Kostas

metaxa1948@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X