Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picaxe or adruino programming

bluestix, that is why you should try the self-oscillator circuit. Study this patent, figure 4 is the circuit I'm talking about:

Patent US7990110 - Circuits and related methods for charging a battery - Google Patents

you can then adjust the main base resistor for different sized batteries. If you get real clever with the chip you could switch different resistors in and out.

To monitor the battery voltage you will need to learn how to use the ADC inputs on the PIC.

John K.

Hi John K.

I am interested to learn more about the use of PICaxe. Could a tread be started for newbies like me? I would like to design a circuit that will control the 20 run charge and discharge cycles of the monopole energizer. Arduino seems like another way of getting there but the costs are a little too prohibitive for me at the moment to indulge in that.

cheers,

teej_seeker

Quote Originally Posted by teej_seeker View Post
    Hi John K.

I am interested to learn more about the use of PICaxe. Could a tread be started for newbies like me? I would like to design a circuit that will control the 20 run charge and discharge cycles of the monopole energizer. Arduino seems like another way of getting there but the costs are a little too prohibitive for me at the moment to indulge in that.

cheers,

teej_seeker
    t_s, sure. I'll start a thread and attach some reading material to start off.

John K.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Koorn View Post
    t_s, sure. I'll start a thread and attach some reading material to start off.

John K.
    Hi John,

Did you manage to start the thread on PICaxe?

teej

Quote Originally Posted by John_Koorn View Post

To monitor the battery voltage you will need to learn how to use the ADC inputs on the PIC.

John K.

I have voltage sensors I can wire to the controller but I don't know enough about battery charging to know when to stop charging and when to trickle charge.

Any advice?

Study the battery bible. Google "Bedini battery bible"

John K.

Hi John,

What is the system that you are using to monitor the charge and discharge battery voltages in the "Bike Wheel Kit Preview" video?

Wei

Hi Wei, we are only using meters. The chart was done manually by recording the voltages every minute and charting them.

John K.

I have made a arduino based charge discharge cycler. So far I am some issue turning on the charging, sometimes the ss ssg does not start oscillating when the relay switch the powers on when i set it to charge at higher amp draw.

Wei, you could try putting the relay on the trigger circuit instead of the power rail.

John K.