Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures worth a thousand words.....quad coil build and setup to charge L-16 batterys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigmotherwhale View Post
    i dont have a ground adapter, i tested rise and fall using high current LV when i built the circuit and found it to be more than adequate, now im using lower current it will be better
    if you want to see pics of my stuff look at my thread and there is a vid on there, its pretty basic stuff, im not chasing high voltage because im not getting results, my low volt designs can push a 200ah battery up to 15 volts no problem even with cheap BD243 transistors.
    I dont want to limit the freedom of my coils so i can now adjust from 0 to 320, i usually run about 100 - 120 but it depends on coil impedance, mosfets work better with higher voltages and the lower the current the faster the switching.
    Its a BD243C not a db243 by the way - getting quite confusing now.

I didnt advise you to do that once again you are confusing me with someone else. ***(Pronoun 'that', which, what advice, if I did it twice, sorry then)***

here is the gate driver i use now, if you want better just buy one ready made.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3766[/ATTACH]

no one has a problem with switching speed thats why there is no information, if you want faster than mosfet can provide - goto rotary spark gaps or klystron tubes.

why dont you ask the your lord?

I asked the creator once and he provided me with a circuit diagram turned out to be a good one.

***(So you are using this Gate Driver, provided by Him somehow, so that the BC550 you are using is not operating in Saturation, because operating in saturation affects the switching speed, which 'no one cares about since no one sees issues with it, am I missing something? I am more confused than you are.)***

goodluck man
    You also asked me about what you saw in these pictures, now here again with arrows. Yes I ask "My" God, Jesus Christ, in the flesh and Spirit every day for help, to fix what is wrong with me. Sorry of I wear on you. I really cannot change much better than this so far. I'm 50 and have tried my whole life to be different and better for others.

Thank you for showing your circuit and telling me how to see your stuff.

Until next time, your friend Ward, who loves the Lord Jesus! :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	JB's Tesla Switch Diagram shared by John Koorn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	46515Click image for larger version

Name:	Sg3524 Relay Switching Setup for SS SSG  or Tesla Switch  or  MEG  or  DC2DC Converter or SGBHBp.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	46516

Comment

Thank you Gary,

If you find that Babcock patent, please alert me or link for me. A few nanoseconds fall-time is nice. Here is what I get with Beginner's Handbook circuit, and is same with an IRF250 FET as well. When opto drives a resistor, the fall time is unchanged, but there is a Turn-Off Delay you can see in these Scope shots.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	H11D1 Woes Blue H11D1 to 10K Red MJL21194 Out Vs BD243 Out-LowRes.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	46517Click image for larger version

Name:	H11D1 Woes_Yellow_SG3524 Blue H11D1 to 10K OUt Vs Red MJL21194 Out-LowRes.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	46518

I heard Paul and his co-inventor mention that they are using coil shorting techniques, but on a transformer. I found Luc and Hob's 'Luc Reactive...' vid's and stopped reading or seeking what Paul was saying.

Thank you for teaching me of his progress!

Your friend Ward, who loves the Lord! :-)

Comment

I asked before whether you were using an electrolytic cap over the diode, you you cannot use one, change it for a non electrolytic of differing values suggest 0.5 - 2.5uf 400v high quality, and post some rise and fall times, also try the other modifications i have suggested.

you are running on a breadboard, a very high capacity and resistance there, bedini recommends RF style for a reason, it only needs to be on the power electronics side.

the BC550 that is pictured is a pnp, not sure if bc550 is correct i am using a bc556, it is not run in saturation mode because all its doing is clamping the gate source when the input goes low.

your relay switching wont last long unfortunately.

the more you drive your bjt into saturation the longer the turn off time will be, you want to very slightly under saturate the base junction, for fast fall.

the reason im confused is that you have a mosfet on the diagram on the bit of paper its an N type device yet you have the load on the ground side and the junction reverse biased and you are driving it with a BJT capacitor diode speed up circuit, there is not a single thing right about the diagram to me i dont even see it working at all.
        Last edited by bigmotherwhale; 09-07-2014, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Controllable Universal Supply with Reactive Power Management
          US 20110157942 A1
          http://www.google.com/patents/US20110157942

Comment

"In the depicted example, the switches 130 a, 130 b, 175 are implemented with a gated unidirectional current element connected in series with a controlled semiconductor switch. In some embodiments, each switch may be controlled to provide zero current turn on for the controlled semiconductor switch (e.g., IGBT) and/or controlled turn-off for the gated unidirectional current element (e.g., SCR). In an illustrative example, which is not meant to be limiting, any of the switches 130 a, 130 b, 175 may be turned on by supplying an enabling signal to a control terminal (e.g., gate, base) of the controlled semiconductor switch; after the controlled semiconductor switch has had sufficient time to substantially transition to a substantially high conductance state, a fast turn-on time gated unidirectional current element may be controlled to turn on. The relative timing of the enabling signal to the controlled semiconductor switch and to the gated unidirectional current element may depend, at least in part, on the turn-on transition times of the devices. In various embodiments, the enabling signals to the controlled semiconductor switch and to the gated unidirectional current element may be generated in response to one signal (e.g., substantially simultaneous), or the signals may be separated in time by a controlled delay (e.g., based on hardware or software timers, based on events as determined by a processor executing instructions, and/or analog delay circuit, or the like). In some embodiments, enabling signals from the controller 115 may be coupled to one or more of the devices, for example, via suitable gate supply circuits, some of which may include, but are not limited to, optical, magnetic (e.g., pulse transformer) circuits. In various embodiments, the gated unidirectional current switch may include, but is not limited to, an SCR (silicon controlled rectifier), DIAC, TRIAC, flash tube, or the like. In various embodiments, the semiconductor switch may include one or more series and/or parallel combinations of IGBTs (insulated gate bipolar transistors), MOSFETs (metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistors), BJTs (bipolar junction transistors), Darlington pairs, JFETs (junction field effect transistors), vacuum tubes, or the like."

I think you get the picture, turn a mosfet on or off and an scr on, turn an scr off with a mosfet, in series and parrallel at the same time.

Comment

Hi Ward,

Originally posted by Volty View Post
              Thank you Gary,

If you find that Babcock patent, please alert me or link for me. A few nanoseconds fall-time is nice. Here is what I get with Beginner's Handbook circuit, and is same with an IRF250 FET as well. When opto drives a resistor, the fall time is unchanged, but there is a Turn-Off Delay you can see in these Scope shots.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3774[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3775[/ATTACH]

I heard Paul and his co-inventor mention that they are using coil shorting techniques, but on a transformer. I found Luc and Hob's 'Luc Reactive...' vid's and stopped reading or seeking what Paul was saying.

Thank you for teaching me of his progress!

Your friend Ward, who loves the Lord! :-)
              I just did a google search for patents by Paul M Babcock and the linked page came up. https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts&gws_...aul+M.+Babcock

And I already gave you the link to his companies website but here it is again. http://www.flybackenergy.com/

Comment

Hi,
                Re' last 3 posts.

Yes 1uF electrolytic, and also tried Tantilum 1uF. What kind should it be? Stating right off saves me from asking you more and more questions.

Yes it does work at all, and with no biasing components used (to be tried more later). Switching is just as slow on crumby Breadboard as on solder pad prototyping Bd. It is just as slow with all connections very very very short. The photo shows one channel's H11D1 / DB243 driving an IRFP250.

Piece of paper was pointing to place where Tesla Switch schematic points to place the 1uF Cap type? in parallel with a 1N4001 Diode. If I drew it wrong, I photographed it right. What you see on the Breadboard is driving an IRFP250 N-Channel FET with a DB243, and other channel driving an MJL2193 with DB243. I got that circuit from JB's 741 Op-Amp Cap Dump. When I put speed up mod in series, it has no effect, the way I did it, with electrolytic 1uF and 1N4004 (Vs. 1N4001).

Are you saying the Load Resistor should only be on the Drain and not on the Source? How is my IRFP250 reverse biased and still working (Slow like as MJL21194)? If just about Post-It, ignore question, as I am dyslexia afflicted so bad I still hook red to black at times. If about what is on my breadboard, please answer how is it reverse biased and should not work, but does?

I am not clear yet about Paul's Patented Switching method. Sketchy is the word. I can see the series FET and SCR's, but the parallel eludes me with a brief look I can afford right now. This IS the BABCOCK Patent Gary H. could not find again with nano-second fall times. Thank you for pointing to it. Thank you for spending any of your time on me. Grateful I am.

Is anyone replicating Paul's electronics successfully?

Anyway, the Genesis of my concern; *RadiantNrg group has seen John's 10-Coiler details and indeed it is just 10X the SG Monopole one-trani' circuit, with one trigger wire feeding the other 9 cols, and all are same Energizer pulse coils with same circuit as SG Monopole. Slow or not, it is "Good enough". John Bedini says at past conference videos that wanting to change it is The Problem. So I won't try fast switching until I finish it his way.

Future Fast Switching Tests for SG Monopole:
                The Relays are the fastest way to test the potential benefit of fast switching for the SG. A new relay sounds able to switch at similar frequency to a rotored SG, BUT the Break Vs. Make time will make pulse width less controllable maybe, idk yet. The tests and comparisons will take more time than I have for that right now, so for the SG application, I wait a spell to employ. To save time, when I test, I will use Cap Dump dumping Hz to judge performance. These 20A relays will last long enough for that, IF the pulse width is manageable enough. Trigger wire will still run the show, but using the one-trani to pass its switching to a relay, just to see IF the BEMP is gloriously bigger or not.

Thank you for your time here,

Your friend Ward, who loves the Lord ! :-)
                Last edited by Volty; 09-07-2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Hi Gary,

See BMW's link to it 3 posts before your. Help me understand it as you are able please.
                  http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...ll=1#post16996

Thank you,

Comment

for driving the BJT you should be using something like Poly Non Polarized capacitors and a high speed switching diode like a 1n4148

if you are using a high side driver on the mosfet you need to be running a different gate power supply that the one powering the load.

build the circuit i posted from krill to drive the mosfet, forget about the BC243 driver with a pull down resistor its not good enough i have tried it.
                    and once again it it a bd243 not a db!

If you want any more help you will have to post diagrams so i can see what's going on, at the moment its guesswork based on what you said ans an incorrect schematic.
                    First thing i would do is build that mosfet driver circuit, or google to see how to drive mosfets and / or high speed switching.

the patent doesn't show how the switching is done entirely, that is for him to know and for you to guess, the write up gives clues.

gooodluck man, i need to work on my own stuff now, i have alot of neatening up and tuning to do on my build.

Comment

Hi Ward,

Hi Gary,

See BMW's link to it 3 posts before your. Help me understand it as you are able please.
                      http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...ll=1#post16996

Thank you,

Paul Babcock and his associates have at least 13 patents issued. What BMW referenced was the patent application which was later issued as US8638074. The issued patent was included in the google link I gave you. Here's a new link directly to the issued patent. http://www.google.com/patents/US8638074

I don't pretend to understand the circuit, let alone explain it. I have no desire to try replicating it, but I am interested in buying some of the devices produced by Flyback Energy.

Comment

John Bedini says here: "Here is the fix for the SG 3524N," However, Rt should be 1M Pot, and Ct should be 0.1uF up to as high as 0.5 to 0.6uF before it starts stalling. 33K to 43K in series with Duty-Cycle Pot prevents < 1% d-cycle from making signal disappear.
                        I am probably late here... But could you, please, explain about additional resistor in series with Duty Cycle? What is the schematic? I am unable to get steady working sg3524n on low frequency (from 1 to 10 Hz). The best solution I found is to power sg3524 from stabilized 5V with pin 15 and 16 short. But sometimes signal from one of the outputs still disappears.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanuhi View Post
                          I am probably late here... But could you, please, explain about additional resistor in series with Duty Cycle? What is the schematic? I am unable to get steady working sg3524n on low frequency (from 1 to 10 Hz). The best solution I found is to power sg3524 from stabilized 5V with pin 15 and 16 short. But sometimes signal from one of the outputs still disappears.

Thank you in advance.
                          Hi Nanuhi --

I don't know where you got the John Bedini Quote from but all those values are not what is on the Tesla Switch DVD. If you don't
                          own a copy of the DVD which has all the schematic information on Video. You will need to buy the Tesla Switch DVD from
                          www.TeslaGenX.com. We are not allowed to give out the schematic information here in the forum due to John Bedini makes some
                          of his living from the DVD sales all well as others that help him sell his knowledge online.

http://www.teslagenx.com/dvds/eftv_3...?category=dvds

James McDonald

Comment

Thanks James,
                            I never knew about the DVD. Frankly, I am trying to replicate Bedini's device from his Patent US2003/0117111 (not a Tesla Switch). There is also mentioned sg3524n chip. But it does not work a way it is pictured. As I said I've already made it work almost fine, but I do not like this "almost". That is where this question comes from. I do not ask about any specific or secret technologies or any new principles, that cost John almost all of his life. Ok, I do not ask for schematic of Bedini's TS. The question is how to make a sg3524 work stable on low frequency. If it is also a part of a secret, then sorry guys. No offense or negative.
                            Last edited by Nanuhi; 11-28-2015, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks John,
                              I never knew about the DVD. Frankly, I am trying to replicate Bedini's device from his Patent US2003/0117111 (not a Tesla Switch). There is also mentioned sg3524n chip. But it does not work a way it is pictured. As I said I've already made it work almost fine, but I do not like this "almost". That is where this question comes from. I do not ask about any specific or secret technologies or any new principles, that cost John almost all of his life. Ok, I do not ask for schematic of Bedini's TS. The question is how to make a sg3524 work stable on low frequency. If it is also a part of a secret, then sorry guys. No offense or negative.
                              Hi Nanuhi --

The same chip is used in the Tesla Switch which also uses a low frequency. The data sheet states the information below.

"Practical values of CT fall between 0.001 μF and 0.1 μF. Practical values of RT fall between 1.8 kΩ and 100 kΩ.This results in
                              a frequency range typically from 130 Hz to 722 kHz."

To get the low frequencies you need put a 1.8 K ohm resistor in series with a POT value of 100K ohms. Then you need to
                              use a bigger capacitor. The data sheet states maximum capacitor value to be 0.1 ufd. If you use a bigger capacitor there is no
                              stated specification in the data sheet that claims the chip will work. The data sheet does not state any frequencies below 130 Hz.
                              If you happen to get the chip to run lower than 130 Hz by using a bigger capacitor then you got lucky and purchased a HOT chip.
                              The SG3524 chip is made by many manufactures and its main use is in Voltage Inverters. The formula for calculating the frequency
                              is below. The formulas vary a bit depending on which manufactures data sheet you look at. The formula below is from the Texas
                              Instruments Data Sheet. My recommendation is to get the chip to work by the maximum and minimum values of Rt and Ct listed in
                              the data sheet. Then increase the values of Ct to see how low the chip will go.

f (Hz) = 1.30/(Rt * Ct)

John Bedini's patent US20030117111 is a scaled down version of the Tesla Switch. I believe you would get more detailed
                              information from the Tesla Switch DVD.

James McDonald

Comment

Thank you in advance.
                                Hi Nanuhi --

One major detail that I did not see till I reread your post is the SG2534N chip does not run below 8 volts VCC.
                                You stated in your post you are using 5 volts this may be why the circuit is not working. The data sheet also states
                                this is for all manufactures that the operating VCC voltage is from 8 volts up to 40 volts. This is what makes this chip
                                work well with solar battery powered applications.

James McDonald

Comment

Working...
                                X