need help making my own magnets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help making my own magnets

Hi. I have been waiting on my order from amazon to get back into building mode...but while im waiting on that I had a thought about something. i need weird shaped magnets for some of the things i would like to do. suck as horse shoe magnets with certain sizes and things like that. So ... how hard is it to make a permanent magnet and does anyone know of a good direction to head for information. Google seems to be failing me because all i can find is people heating up a piece of iron and rubbing another magnet on it. and I seriously doubt that's how it should be done for good results. Would it be just a high current pulse into the material leaving a north and south where you connect the electrodes. If anyone has a good page about it or even better a schematic so i can see how it works, i would greatly appreciate it. back to google to try some more.

yes the materials (ceramic or samarium cobalt or neodymnium) after being pressed and dried in a kiln a placed onto a magnetron, it is then pulse with a huge amount of electricity to align the fields in the material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noGGcyPHtdI

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Thanks tom. The machine at the end though...thats what I am interested in. I know you can put a small magnetization into something by rubbing it or passing high current near it. But the machine at the end that adds the "large charge" what is it. are those plate extremly strong magnets. Or are they another low voltage high amperage surge into the piece (instead of through a pice of copper near it) ?

Comment

its a pair of big coils, north on one side south on the other. imagine a pair of electromagnets north and south. that is what aligns the molecules.

http://www.ndfeb-magnet.cn/magnetizer1.htm

Tom C
        Last edited by Tom C; 02-12-2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

so the idea is basically the same as rubbing the material with a magnet but instead you just use a very powerfull electro-magnet to send enough "flux" through the piece to set in the north and south?

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley Malone View Post
            so the idea is basically the same as rubbing the material with a magnet but instead you just use a very powerfull electro-magnet to send enough "flux" through the piece to set in the north and south?

Hi Folks,

Time to think not just to make the Magnet with the Magnetizer but to make the Bedini Monople magnets...! way to go..
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.
            'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

well i have always believed how walter russell talked about magnets. because if north and south seek each other why would they go to opposite ends of the bar unless a reverse polarity is set up in the middle...so it would be north south/north south that allows each polarity to have its equal opposite. to be a "monopole" magnet I believe the only way to do this would be a sphere with one pole in the center and the entire outside surface charged the other. or maybe some other way to "hide the other pole" not make something without it.

Comment

I think people are getting off track by wanting a one pole magnet instead of trying to get rid of one half of something we all need to figure out how to use the halves together. I believe the key to all of this will be a machine that is equal and opposite in every aspect. when one thing charges one simultaneously discharges to make the charge along with voltage current impedance and everything. everything needs to be balanced then we will see magic! thats happening in the bedini machine the discharging magnetism from the rotor magnet is met by a charging in the pulse coil causing the sharp gradient "spike"...at least thats what I see.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	magnetism1small_0069.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	46918
                  https://archive.org/stream/magnetism...ge/n0/mode/1up
                  https://archive.org/stream/magnetism...e/n68/mode/1up
                  i have read this 4 times and still refer to almost daily
                  KEN L WHEELER
                  Last edited by guyzzemf; 02-17-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley Malone View Post
                    I think people are getting off track by wanting a one pole magnet instead of trying to get rid of one half of something we all need to figure out how to use the halves together. I believe the key to all of this will be a machine that is equal and opposite in every aspect. when one thing charges one simultaneously discharges to make the charge along with voltage current impedance and everything. everything needs to be balanced then we will see magic! thats happening in the bedini machine the discharging magnetism from the rotor magnet is met by a charging in the pulse coil causing the sharp gradient "spike"...at least thats what I see.
                    Hi Bradley,

The Monopole concept has been wrongly understood by many, there can be no Monopole in the true sense, as it is only the Dipolarity that breaks the Symmetry. the essesnce to the Monopole view is that something or things ar meeting at a point (node) (mono) and accompalishing the function of all those things at this point (node)
                    now conditioning a Magnet to do this is the real secret to the monopole idea, Sweet did the conditioning to the Magnet to acheive the same. Bedini, Bearden's MEG again uses the same conditioned special Magnets.
                    I even feel Stanley Meyer used a modified Alternator windings to get the Monopole Field that Energised the Water cell.
                    more later...
                    Rgds,
                    Faraday88.

Comment

Originally posted by guyzzemf View Post
                      https://archive.org/stream/magnetism...ge/n0/mode/1up
                      https://archive.org/stream/magnetism...e/n68/mode/1up
                      i have read this 4 times and still refer to almost daily
                      KEN L WHEELER
                      Well, he's a little too dogmatic for me.. okay his constant repetitive assertions that he, and maybe only he, knows the true nature of magnetism, and apparently every thing else, is just a little too over the top.

It is some what amusing to read his critique on how establishment science will fill a hundred of pages of text to give you maybe ten pages worth of information, as he goes on and on and on about how he is going to give you the straight skinny concisely and succinctly...

Had to give up when I hit his iron clad statement that there is no matter involved with electricity... Yes, I know even most people who are willing to consider that an aether exists accede to the belief that the aether consists of mass-less objects; however, simply because something has an extremely small mass, too small to be measured by our crude instruments, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If aether particles are to what we consider a proton, as a proton is to the sun, then what are the odds we will ever be able to measure such a thing? It's not very likely but that is no reason to then take the position that if it can't be measured it doesn't exist. That sort of murky thinking is what gave us the cat in the box joke and the whole sorry structure of what passes for scientific thought today.

What is also humorous is the author's heavy reliance on quotes from Tesla to support his views. Because Tesla stated very clearly that all we know about energy is that it causes particles of matter to move, and that without matter there can be no expression of energy, and without energy there would be no movement. So, just where does this leave the author's contention about matter-less electro-magnetic forces being the foundation of all space? It leaves him hanging out in limbo just like Einstein and his nothingness.

Ghosts do not a material universe make, and if the author thinks we live in a non-material universe then, as captain tight pants once seriously expounded on to Jayne, let him go breathe some vacuum and then come back and tell us about it.

Comment

a halbach array stunts one pole

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halbach_array

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by ckurtz View Post
                          Well, he's a little too dogmatic for me.. okay his constant repetitive assertions that he, and maybe only he, knows the true nature of magnetism, and apparently every thing else, is just a little too over the top.

It is some what amusing to read his critique on how establishment science will fill a hundred of pages of text to give you maybe ten pages worth of information, as he goes on and on and on about how he is going to give you the straight skinny concisely and succinctly...

Had to give up when I hit his iron clad statement that there is no matter involved with electricity... Yes, I know even most people who are willing to consider that an aether exists accede to the belief that the aether consists of mass-less objects; however, simply because something has an extremely small mass, too small to be measured by our crude instruments, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If aether particles are to what we consider a proton, as a proton is to the sun, then what are the odds we will ever be able to measure such a thing? It's not very likely but that is no reason to then take the position that if it can't be measured it doesn't exist. That sort of murky thinking is what gave us the cat in the box joke and the whole sorry structure of what passes for scientific thought today.

What is also humorous is the author's heavy reliance on quotes from Tesla to support his views. Because Tesla stated very clearly that all we know about energy is that it causes particles of matter to move, and that without matter there can be no expression of energy, and without energy there would be no movement. So, just where does this leave the author's contention about matter-less electro-magnetic forces being the foundation of all space? It leaves him hanging out in limbo just like Einstein and his nothingness.

Ghosts do not a material universe make, and if the author thinks we live in a non-material universe then, as captain tight pants once seriously expounded on to Jayne, let him go breathe some vacuum and then come back and tell us about it.

You said it correct... an electric Dipole does really 'breathe' the Vacuum and hence it beaars a broken symmetry with it.
                          Rgds,
                          Faraday88.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                            a halbach array stunts one pole

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halbach_array

Tom C
                            Thanks Tom for that little insight on the halbach array.. very close application to Bedini monopole as well
                            Rgds,
                            Faraday88.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                              its a pair of big coils, north on one side south on the other. imagine a pair of electromagnets north and south. that is what aligns the molecules.

http://www.ndfeb-magnet.cn/magnetizer1.htm

Tom C
                              Is this achievable at home?

If so, we could build a wheel and be magnetising and demagnetising "on the fly". No problem with sticky spots. Everything depends on the energy consumed in the mag/demag processes.
                              Last edited by wrtner; 02-18-2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X