need help making my own magnets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bradley Malone View Post
    Thats what I mean...what is the difference in using one coil with a massive pulse that creates the blotch wall that allows the flow like the pmh but also has the universe on its crackshaft to re-establish the poles making it "permanant" so if we made magnets in the pmh way using little energy but find a way to create the blotch wall that way instead of a 10,000 amp pulse. Am i making sense and does anyone get what im saying hard to get it into words sometimes.

why does a large pulse create a blotch wall and how can we do that using normal coils instead of god-awe full powerful ones. The way I see it that is a brute force "do it cause we said to" i want to find the difference...i believe there has to be some way to charge powerful magnets with smaller amounts of energy.

nature obviously does not use copper wire coils to keep the energy going so how can we use coils to mimick the blotch wall.
    Hi Bradley,

Magnetic Dipole is inherent of Blotch wall, it is the neutral zone that splits the two pole, even a solenoid carrying an electric current has a Bloch wall, the Field exist as long as the current flows (between the terminals of a battery / electric dipole) in a solenod, (Energy can be stored but not Power the former being Static and the later being Dynamic)...here is the point of distiction, a Magnet can be viewed as a streched Rubberband with the Energy stored along the streach , the strain at the centre is the Bloch wall. hope this answers your doubt..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Faraday. Thanks for the explanation...I understand most of it, but what i am trying to find a way to say is ... is it just the fact that a magnetizer pumps so much flux into a core that it "pressurizes" it into a permanant magnet because with a coil on a core you can make a very powerfull magnet but only when powering the coil on the core. magnetizers are also coils that set up the same field in the same kind of core but when you use that much power it makes it permanant. So what im looking for is...is there a way to "pressurize" the magnetism from a normal strong solonoid so when the coil is turned off the magnetism remains.

maybe like this...Leedskalnins PMH is set up so you put the keeper on and touch the coils to a batt causing the magnetic flow that locks it in place. then most people hook up an led to the coil and pull off the bar causing electric in the coil lighting the bulb. instead of using an led could you connect the coils to themselves and pull the bar off causing the coils to "retain the electricity in the closed loop coil circuit possibly causing a permanent magnet effect....just purely brainstorming to get this idea bug ou of my head

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley Malone View Post
        Faraday. Thanks for the explanation...I understand most of it, but what i am trying to find a way to say is ... is it just the fact that a magnetizer pumps so much flux into a core that it "pressurizes" it into a permanant magnet because with a coil on a core you can make a very powerfull magnet but only when powering the coil on the core. magnetizers are also coils that set up the same field in the same kind of core but when you use that much power it makes it permanant. So what im looking for is...is there a way to "pressurize" the magnetism from a normal strong solonoid so when the coil is turned off the magnetism remains.

maybe like this...Leedskalnins PMH is set up so you put the keeper on and touch the coils to a batt causing the magnetic flow that locks it in place. then most people hook up an led to the coil and pull off the bar causing electric in the coil lighting the bulb. instead of using an led could you connect the coils to themselves and pull the bar off causing the coils to "retain the electricity in the closed loop coil circuit possibly causing a permanent magnet effect....just purely brainstorming to get this idea bug ou of my head
        Your first part of the question: A ferromagnetic material will retain the Magnetisim based on its B-H Charateristics, these are called Hard Ferromagnetics.
        and are used to make Permanant Magnets, Magnets made using normal Power supplies will require very high Ampere-turns of coils, and secondly the removal of the Source field is crutial here,as you need to Physically remove the Magnetized core form the coil yoke, Since in the Pulsed mode, the Capacitor Charge auto consumes in the Coil, Appearing as the Charged Magnet in the core.
        your second part of the leedskalnin, i'm yet to get a feel of the device in detail..so pardon me on that...
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        Last edited by Faraday88; 02-23-2015, 01:55 AM.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pmh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	46939 This is a simple picture of it...the bar accross the top is not attached. the idea is if you set the bar near the ends...one small tap on a battery creates "perpetual motion" because once you start the magnetic flow in a loop it just keeps going untill you disrupt it by pulling the bar off. Its just stuck in my head that a permanent magnet you take that bar off and the magnetism goes back to normal....in the pmh when you take it off you have to pulse it again if you want it to stick.

I don't think the answer i am looking for exist yet ....im trying to find what causes the flux in the core to "get stuck". in a coil/core magnetism can flow .....in a magnetizer magnetism can flow i understand one is a far larger flow...but a river and a creek can both run a water wheel. so what is it that is the difference. is there just a certain point of flux that is reached and pow its permanant....or is it the starting from nothing and jumping to the flow causes by 10,000 amps that makes it stick. you said it was simply the characteristics of the core. so the deal is a coil can make magnetic flow in a core but if you want a permanent magnet from that core you would have to shove so much flux in that the core overloads itself and becomes a radiating permanent magnet?

this is Bradley BTW. Every time my wife is on facebook i make a dang post in her name....
          Last edited by Ashlee Anne Malone; 02-23-2015, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X