Bedini motor science project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini motor science project

Hello everyone! My name is Anthony and im a gradute student on electrotehnical collage in one city in Croatia. I was given a task for science project of one course to construct and build a Bedini SG. I discovered this forum and some other web pages that helped me with that and i successfully built one and its working, or so i think. My mentor professor now want me to conduct complete analysis in terms of energy flow, an input/output ratio using math and known physics formulas like Maxwells, Faradays and Teslas. So i hoped that i will find help here if anyone of you tried to do anything similarly or have any materials that would help and have will to help me i would be very grateful. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry for (if) bad english

Hi Anthony,

Welcolme to the forum.

There are several modes of operation for the SSG as outlined in the E-books "Bedini SG - The Complete Handbook Series" with a link at the top of the page. When running in the regular (radiant) mode and you measure (with meters) the input current and voltage compared to the output current and voltage it will only appear to be around 30 percent efficient. When you do the same measurements in common ground (generator) mode, it will appear to be about 60 percent efficient.

But if you remove a given number of amp hours from a fully charged battery and then recharge it with the SSG to 15.3 volts (fully charged), you will get a coefficience of performance (COP) of about .6 to .8 in radiant mode and about 1.0 to 1.25 in generator mode. And this doesn't take into consideration the mechanical work being done on the wheel , which is about 25 to 29 percent of the input energy as measured with a dynamometer.

The magic is what the SSG does to the battery and how it fully recharges itself with less measured energy taken from the run battery than what you removed from the secondary (charge) battery.

Keep this in mind as you do your project. Best wishes for success and your English is fine!

Here's a link to an old post where I listed the results I got with mine running in generator mode.

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...ll=1#post13237
    Last edited by Gary Hammond; 01-27-2015, 07:17 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

I did an experiment with a solid state SSG. I used two identical 156F ultracapacitors.

I charged one to a set voltage and then used it to power the SSG. The SSG was used to charge the second ultracapacitor.

I was able to charge the second capacitor to a higher voltage than the first capacitor before the first capacitor could no longer power the circuit.

Not a super scientific experiment but was pretty interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestix View Post
        I did an experiment with a solid state SSG. I used two identical 156F ultracapacitors.

I charged one to a set voltage and then used it to power the SSG. The SSG was used to charge the second ultracapacitor.

I was able to charge the second capacitor to a higher voltage than the first capacitor before the first capacitor could no longer power the circuit.

SWEET!

Patrick A.

Comment

Sounds pretty scientific to me... did you swap the caps after that? again? and again and again? Regular SS SSG? How many power windings?

Alvaro

Comment

Thank you all, that was quite helpful. I have one more question. Could anyone tell me what is difference in schematics when circuit have one coil and two coils. I would like to add one more coil in my ssg set which now has one bifilar coil. Should my second coil be also bifilar or unifilar? Should I make completely separated circuit and connect it in parallel with charge batery and first circuit or just add one more tranzistor? if someone have schematic or advice it would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Not an answer to your last question but this might be useful. It is the spreadsheet for testing battery input and output. You have to measure the input current and time the machine is running and also run a load with a known amp draw and measure the time to get the output. It's not what your prof asked for but it might be interesting even if you don't use it in your paper. Mine showed more power in the battery than measured by amp meter.

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/at...8&d=1358053442

Comment

Originally posted by bluestix View Post

Hi Blue stix,

Using UltraCapacitor for the SSG the way you did is quite an Interesting step since an Ultracapacitor serves both the properties of a Pure Capacitor and a Pure Battery.
                the fact that you could charge the second Cap to higher Voltage than the first is a confirmatory test to SSG principle..
                Rgds,
                Faraday88
                'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by aferhato View Post
                  Hello everyone! My name is Anthony and im a gradute student on electrotehnical collage in one city in Croatia. I was given a task for science project of one course to construct and build a Bedini SG. I discovered this forum and some other web pages that helped me with that and i successfully built one and its working, or so i think. My mentor professor now want me to conduct complete analysis in terms of energy flow, an input/output ratio using math and known physics formulas like Maxwells, Faradays and Teslas. So i hoped that i will find help here if anyone of you tried to do anything similarly or have any materials that would help and have will to help me i would be very grateful. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry for (if) bad english
                  Hi Anthony,

This is great news! I am not certain whether there is a single graduate professor in all the U.S. who has the academic freedom (or perhaps freedom of mind) and scientific curiosity to assign some research in this area. I am sorry I am not someone who can help much with the details of a proper build but I believe you are at the right place. I am a physician, I can say that I noticed as I progressed in my medical career, that it is not so much that the textbooks are wrong, they are incredibly useful, neccessary and 90% correct, but the 5% that is wrong I find as important as the other 90%, the other 5% that seems oddly missing is likewise as important as the rest. When I stumbled into this topic, after realizing that there were a number of people here, right or wrong, that were honest, diligent and not to mention patient with me, that I realized, my gosh the same pattern may hold true even in the hard sciences, that was like being shot out of a cannon.

I can say I've thought about some of this science for some time now and, at least for me at this time, if there were one question in electromagnetics I would like to know more about it is exactly what the hell is induction? I suspect it is a bit more complicated and hairy than is presented in the textbook chapter. Now please pardon me on the rest, because I realize I am outside my area of education, but to be selfish, I was thinking just the other day, if there were a University lab that could look into this particulat question, they would know in an afternoon. So here is just some silliness I will throw out there, if I am wrong on basic postulates, hey I'm a doctor go take two aspirin and call me in the morning. What is the nature of the resistance from back EMF? We know from Heinrich Lenz that Faraday induction always leads to a counter current induction in any adjacent magnetic material, are there resistive losses with this counter current? If a resistive element is used the element heats up, may grow red hot as in an Edison light bulb, with Lenz counter EMF, well again I'm outside my element but do torroidal magnetic chokes tend to heat up? or is the back emf just a pure resistance without dissapative losses? So here is the experiment then I will shut up. If you take two fast discharging (hence small) modest voltage capacitors say 50 volts, have one charged at 50V and one empty. When you discharge the 50V cap into the empty cap you can rectify the voltage from the induced magnetic field along the lines of connection. If you place a small air coil between the full and empty caps there will be a more pronounced and focused changing magnetic field in the air coil to rectify, there will also then be Lenz resistance between each adjacent wire in the coil. So if we neglect in our thinking the resistance in the wire, does the Lenz resistance itself change the amount of energy delivered to the empty cap or does it only change the rate at which current flows between the caps? If one had a high impedance volt meter it would probably be pretty easy to look into.

Thank you for your patience Anthony, by all means you have your hands full with what at least in the U.S. might be looked at as a pretty avant garde and interesting project. For Heavens's sake don't risk any of this from B.S. from someone with no engineering courses from the other side of the world! But yeah, if you are studying electromagnetics I stand by, you want to give some thought to induction, and I do suspect it is more interesting then is generally presented in textbooks.

Comment

Working...
                  X