Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSG tuning details

Hi,

I want to solve this problem for once and for all. I have three differnt ssg's running in all sorts and sizes. I have varied almost
    everything wheel size weight number of magnets, magnet size thick wire thin wire more wires more transistors fast wheel slow
    wheel but it comes all to the same numbers the only diference is place where the sweet spot is. this can be at different input currents.

I want to know what is the right spot to tune A, B, C or D. I find that at A it will automaticly stay
    between C and A because at A it will fall back a little in speed but than it gets some extra pulses and more current and speed increases a little again forming a sort of phase locked loop at this point the charging is very good.

If I tune it at B It uses the least input current but the charging is not so fast. At point D it uses more current and is charging almost as much as between A and C.

I also see that when charging with to much current the capacity of the battery is getting smaller and with less current the the battery charges better and it absorbes more energy but it takes a very long time to charge.

I understand that for small batteries you should not use more than 120 mA primary but I Also thought it was OK to use more as long as you use not more input than C20 however the capacity will not increase if you use C20 input current.

Hope someone can finaly make this crystal clear

Karel
    Attached Files

Karel,

I thought you solved your problem already in this thread:
    http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be...kes-sence.html

John K.

Comment

John,

I tought so too but in every machine I see the best charging at the point between A and C but I understood from your last reply that
      it should be more like point B but It It could be also more to point D.

Thats why I made this graphic so that there can be absolutly no misunderstanding.
      Just give me the multiple choice answer (A,B,C or D) and I will never ever bring it up again.

Since I am around 100mA input current I have seen my capacty going up from 5 hours to 7 hours discharging time but I stil have
      doubts or it is the amount of input current or the tuning point that is responsible for that.

Karel

Comment

Karel,

1 pulse per magnet pass, fastest RPM. The draw current will be whatever the machine wants to run at.

Get to 1 pulse and slowly reduce the base resistance until the machine stops going faster. This is where I run all my machines. You want to be at the top of the bell curve.

John K.

Comment

John,
          I've heard John B say on one of the DVDs the same thing about top of the bell curve. Can you say more about that Bell curve; what's on the x-axis and what's on the y?
          thanks,
          h

Comment

Howard, the way I see it is that draw current Amps is on the X-axis and RPM is on the Y-axis. Draw the axes out and draw a bell in the middle of the X-axis, you will see what I mean.

John K.

Comment

John,

Thanks for your fast reaction, if I understand it right it should be even above point D depending on the RPM.

I didn't have any equipment to measure the RPM but solved this today I found a software
              frequenty meter that uses the mic input and I connected a little coil without core to the mic
              input and constructed it near the magnets and it seems to work OK.

Hope I can realy tune it perfectly now.

Karel

Comment

Thanks John,
                I've taken apart my bike wheel to replace magnets with superpoles. I'll try plotting that out as part of the process.
                h

Comment

Working...
                X