Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO SMOKE

Comment

• Hi Thorsten nice setup, I wish you good charging of the batteries.
      Hopefully I have time tomorrow for further experimenting.

@ Bro D,
      Thx for letting me know your experience with the self powering, now I know I can use my time for other experiments then the one with 9V batterie.
      Last edited by bruno; 01-15-2015, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Hi All,
        When I look at the 1984 Schematic from the Bedini/Meuller book which is also shown on the video, I see that the diodes which are located in the same place as the LED's, are opposite of what JB drew in the video.
        Thorsten, can you verify in your build, that the LED's and the diodes pointing away from the batt negative, are Kathode to Kathode.
        Or check your build with the '84 schematic.
        There has to be an explanation for the apparent difference.
        Sleuthin',
        bro d

Comment

• Hi bro d,
          in both drawings and in my build all Diodes from the negative of the bats are having their kathodes leading towards the collector of the trannie on the other side (Switches 5 and 6 from the DVD). Sure, that means they are pointing with their kathodes agains each other on each side, but the electrons flow from them across the LEDs to the collectors.
          Thorsten

Comment

• Hi Thorsten,
            This file is my confusion.
            It is not shown on the video.
            One with LED's that are Kathode to Kathode is shown.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A-john-bedini-experiments-with-a-kromrey-and-a-brandttesla-converter-by-eike-mueller-8-728-A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	46853

Comment

• Ah, now I see...
              Yes, this should be the LED in the schematic from the DVD. In my setup i buildt it Kathode to Kathode like it was shown in the DVD. But we can try to flip the two LEDs to see what'll happen. Perhaps I have the time this evening. Interesting point bro d, I didn't recognize this before!
              By the way, charging with my 12V Setup is behind expectations, system still holds its voltage up to now. Seems like the bats are levelling to each other.
              Thorsten

Comment

• Hi Thorsten,
                I have a 10amp Bedini battery charger and when I charged the 4, TS 12v batteries with it (it puts out about 2-3A in that situation) they all
                rose to 15v in seconds. They were fully charged even though they were testing at 12.4-12.5v while running.

"Seems like the bats are leveling to each other."

I'm thinking about an intermittent rather heavy load. Large enough to cause the LED's to get a little brighter.
                This should draw the batts down and then we can see if the TS brings them back and how fast.
                I'll put a load on where I can adjust the amp draw with a pot.

Got to scale one up for a go-Kart. Keep the TS running all the time and drive it around the house once every 1/2hr
                to start with and see what we can get for consistent range. The "Gas" pedal might operate the pot that is located between pin 5 and grn.
                A guitar volume pedal with the right pot will do. I've got a stereo volume pedal..............Hmmmm......a TS for each wheel.

Back to the bench and present setup.

bro d

Comment

• [QUOTE=brodonh;18837]Hi Thorsten,
                  I have a 10amp Bedini battery charger and when I charged the 4, TS 12v batteries with it (it puts out about 2-3A in that situation) they all
                  rose to 15v in seconds. They were fully charged even though they were testing at 12.4-12.5v while running.

Hi Thorsten,
                  I looked at the batt charging situation again and found that even though the 10amp charger would bring them up to 15v in seconds the 2 amp bedini charger took up to an hour to bring them up to 15v, So it is not correct to say that they were fully charged. Also my batts are not in perfect condition. Cheap and not long lasting.
                  I have a pair of new 35Ah SLA batts, maybe get 2 more. The possible loads with 35Ah batts surely will exceed the limits of the present TS.

Presently I'm running a window motor with 250ma draw.

bro d

Comment

• Don,

perhaps you could get some batteries maybe some SLA in the 3 to 5 amp hour range, that are new with known good capacity. It will be easier to create a load and charge cycle for them I think. I have 4 7 A werker SLA I am going to use for now. I do have 2 of the Dakota Lithiums also but need 2 more. I just started stuffing my board, got the i.c. sockets installed, realized I missed a trace going to pin 2 of the 3524, so need to do some review with erik and do another board with the traces fixed. jumper for now!
                    Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Hi Tom,

Originally posted by Tom C View Post

........ so need to do some review with erik and do another board with the traces fixed. jumper for now!
                      Tom C
                      Are these boards going to become available from Teslagenix ?

Comment

• That is the plan, its a matter of getting it prototyped, all the components sourced in quantity, and of course the blessing from JB. I would like to do a picaxe version of this also. we will see if it will happen before the conference.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                          , all the components sourced in quantity, and of course the blessing from JB.

Tom C
                          Hey Tom,
                          The community is waiting for someone to step up and spend the $400 for the video diodes. I was tempted to and sell on ebay. But now we have TeslagenX.
                          You can probably get a break also as a registered business.
                          Go for it!
                          bro d

Comment

• Hey Thorsten,
                            In my scale up thinking, it seems that we are going to have to go to mosfets.
                            I shopped for low V turn on power mosfets and found these:

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...22291400001582

I'll test and see if they can be turned on with the H11D1.
                            The D sheet says:
                            Vgs(th) (Max) @ Id 2.5V @ 250µA
                            Power - Max 370W

bro d
                            Last edited by brodonh; 01-16-2015, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Hi all,
                              I flipped the LEDs now and switched back to 5V. First run under load with a small motor looks very promissing. Bigest voltage drop at one Bat (Pos 2) was from 5.40 to 5.36 after 15min runtime. 10min after disconneting the motor the Bat is back up to 5.38 still climbing.
                              The 12V Bats are charging on the SG so I can start the next test fully charged.
                              Time to sleep now...

Comment

• Hey bro,
                                keep us in sight, don't run away 😄
                                I'm still fighting with the basics...

Comment

Working...
                                X