Bedini Tesla Switch DvD Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Bro d

I was wanting to ask, where is the short spike that is required for radiant to come in when we have a near 50 percent duty cycle..
    Now I know.
    Am I correct that you mean that you use for example 1 percent duty cycle for the spike, or is there another signal output when you configure it to work on the edge where pulsing starts?

Thx for sharing the pot value you used, I will get one saturday so I can see what you mean.

Comment

Hi Bruno,
      I bread boarded the SG3524 with 2 optos and 2 mjl trannys with small 12v lights powered by 2 batts.
      I connected the scope like Thorsten said:
      Two probes to neg of power supply and pin 1 of optos.
      Same switching waveforms that we have been looking at.
      I'll put up some pics.

Comment

Hi all,
        I had errors in my post number 88 and I apologize.
        I deleted the Duty Cycle adj portion and will have corrections in this post.
        It was 3 in the AM and I didn't see the pins on the bread brd correctly.
        There is a way to adjust the Duty Cycle and get wave forms that are a little cleaner than I had seen.
        Below is the corrected and improved arrangement:

I can adjust the duty cycle over the complete range from 1 percent to 50 percent.
        Power supply is 7.1v form bench PS and no VR.
        I have 1M pot from pin 5 to ground and the three, 4.7k R's are the same as video. I decreased the R on the pot until it stopped switching and then slowly increase resistance until switching begins again.
        When it first begins again i see very low Duty cycle and can watch it move up (on the scope) unto full 50 percent.
        The resistance on the pot is at about 40k at 50 percent duty cycle so one should be able to do this with a smaller than 1M pot.
        I was wanting to ask, where is the short spike that is required for radiant to come in when we have a near 50 percent duty cycle..
        Now I know.
        bro d
        Last edited by brodonh; 01-12-2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Pics of Duty Cycle adjustment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.5 percent.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	46845Click image for larger version

Name:	12.5 percent.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	46846Click image for larger version

Name:	21 percent.jpg
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	46847Click image for larger version

Name:	32.5 percent.jpg
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	46848Click image for larger version

Name:	50 percent.jpg
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	46849

Comment

Hey bro d,
            that looks as you can work with this. How about the dead zone?
            Has anyone already tried to connect 12V batteries to a switch equiped with the components from the DVD? Don't want to get my circuit smoked but when I read the volts and amps from the parts I use, I think this should work...
            Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten View Post
              Hey bro d,
              that looks as you can work with this. How about the dead zone?
              Has anyone already tried to connect 12V batteries to a switch equiped with the components from the DVD? Don't want to get my circuit smoked but when I read the volts and amps from the parts I use, I think this should work...
              Thorsten
              Hi Thorsten,

The dead zone in the 1st pic is about 95 percent greater than the on time.
              I always want to scale up before I'm qualified.
              Would the LED's blow without resistance, we might need to change to standard diodes on scale up.

I hooked the pot to pin 5 and ground on my 2nd build. It seems to be functional. A pulse can be reduced to less than 5 ms.
              At the same frequency a 50 percent duty cycle pulse is about 70ms.

bro d
              Last edited by brodonh; 01-12-2015, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Hello Bro d,
                Thank you for the pics, now I have a reference to see if we got the same results.
                I have to wait until friday for testing but really looking forward to test your setup.

Hello Thorsten,
                Yesterday when I was experimenting I changed the capacitor to 470pF so the frequency whas 16khz and then I saw that the deadzone whas only 2 micro seconds instead of 10. So the deadzone can be influenced by lowering the capacitor. I couldn't understand why John in the dvd says that the capacitor value needs to be so low as possibe if you want very low frequency, but now I understand that it's possible because of the deadzone, offcourse I can be totally wrong it's just an experience I had with the testing.
                Please keep in mind that the transistors also cause a delay in the switching. I experienced this when I put 2N2222 transistors on the output while I had problems with the em polution resulting in falls firing of the transistors. Now I know this could all be solved by using higher resistors on pin 12 and 13. But I learned that the 2N2222 give approx 10 micro sec delay. So I would be totally surprised if the opto and MJL transistor don't cause a delay. So maybe the deadzone created by the SG should even be longer (smaller duty precentage) to get a final puls on the transistors switching at the right moment. How to measure that with a scope is something I have to find out because of the 2 different grounds, or does somebody know how this can be measured? Thus a measurement on SG output and one on MJL transistor output and see how much delay the opto and MJL create.
                I use 12V 7Ah batteries in one setup and 4 x (8 x 1,2V ni cd ) in second setup. I placed fuses of 5A in line with the 12V batteries just to be sure
                Last edited by bruno; 01-12-2015, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Hi Thorsten and Bruno,
                  Guess we are carrying this thread.
                  Decided to use 12v Garden tractor batts on my 2nd build.
                  For safety's sake I chose 20 percent duty cycle, and 680ohm resistance on the blinking LED's and 100 Ohm R on the output LED.
                  I went with 16 awg wire and one clip lead on each batt to make it easy to disconnect.

It is functioning with no smoke on lowest frequency. No heat on the tranny's and the output LED is very bright. The meter says 7.8v at the output
                  Terminals with the LED connected. The blinking LED's are not bright.

I've etched a board with much larger traces and connectors so will be continuing to scale up.
                  Mjl's can handle 200mil traces. I use 3oz copper boards.

Thorsten, how did you handle all those jumper wires on your board?

keep'in on ,
                  bro d

Comment

Hi Bro d
                    I wish you good charging
                    Are the batteries new or already used with radiant energy?
                    I orderd new 12V 7Ah because there are no changes with the old ones, they just refuse to charge.
                    At the moment I'm going to study that paper of Tom Bearden about the John Bedini negative resistors in batteries and hope to understand what we need to look for in the switching to make it charge as good as possible.

Comment

• Hi Bruno,
                      The batteries have been charged with only JB technology. They are U1-7's.
                      I decided to power the chip with a 9v battery and send the output (10.7v no load)back to the 9v battery.
                      John said in the video that we can use the ouptput to run it.
                      Letting it run over night. Looks promising.
                      bro d

Comment

• Very cool bro d!
                        I'm curious for your measurements of the 12V Setup, especially when you'll loop the TSs output to the switching circuits input. Perhaps you can track the voltage of the Bs on a list like I did in the video? Just a suggestion...
                        What do you mean asking me for the jumper wires? There are only the wires to the Bats on my board. If you are asking for the soldering bridges, I've used the cutted Ends from the resistors to build these connections on the top side of the board.
                        I'll try to follow you to 12V as soon as time is available.
                        Thorsten

Comment

• Hi Bro d,
                          I will try it also with the 9V battery to power the sg, thx for the tip.

Comment

• Hi Thorsten,
                            Yes I was asking about the soldering bridges. I've been calling them jumpers wires.
                            You have given the answer.

With the 680ohm R's on the LED's, the output to a 9v batt that is running the TS without a VR, and 12v batts with no other load, the 9v alcaline stays at 9.4v.
                            I've run it for about 10 hours, still at 9.4v.
                            The 12v batts are not charging. 3 out of 4 have gone down. The one was up .001v.
                            If a load is added to the output the 9v batt is drawn down because it is in parallel with the output.
                            This is not a good way to self run the TS.

I'm thinking about removing the LED's with the resistance and running it only with a substantial load to see how much power we have. Then maybe a voltage divider for the run batt.
                            My setup will run on 7v, so I could make one smaller than 9v.
                            Doubt if we want the run batt in parallel with the load.

JB worked it out and talked about adding a transistor.
                            In the 1984 schematic you can see how the 5v run batt is connected.
                            I suspect that JB wants to pulse the run batt from one side shortly after the voltage is up from the last pulse......Stealing the surface charge.
                            I need to review the video again.
                            He said that there wasn't time to cover this matter and that it is complicated.

bro d
                            Last edited by brodonh; 01-14-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• There is another way to Self power the TS.
                              Matt Jones showed this and it works with video cct.
                              I'm running a minimal bike wheel SG for a load and it seems to be a little slower than running from a 12v batt.
                              I'm using the attached powering method.
                              bro d

Name:	SP 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	46852
                              Last edited by brodonh; 01-15-2015, 03:08 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys,
                                I've also switched my setup to 12V. No smoke
                                Let's run through the night.

Name:	image1.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	46851

Comment

Working...
                                X