Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

ONLY 150 118 90 2 SEATS AVAILABLE! - 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Bedini Tesla Switch DvD Questions.

Hi James,

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgray3rd View Post
    Hi Gary

I looked at that...and...SWEET! I gota' have me one! Please share the specs on your sniffer coil!
    I unwound about 50 turns of #23 and #26 from the very first coil (900 bifilar turns) I got from Rick a few years back. I wound it up on a 3" long piece of 3/4" pvc pipe which was about half the diameter of the coil I was unwinding. So it has maybe 100 turns of #23 and #26 wound together but not twisted. I hooked the two wires in series for a combined total of maybe 200 turns and taped over it to keep it coiled so I could use it as a sniffer coil. It's really pretty crude, but it works well.

DSC07609.jpg

DSC07610.jpg

DSC07615.jpg

In the bottom photo, channel 1 is across one of the main coil windings and channel 2 is across the sniffer coil. The leads to the charging battery are parallel to the sniffer coil windings. You can also run a lead through the center of the sniffer coil, but the signal is much weaker that way.

Notice that the voltage spike across the transistor is a good 20 volts above the battery voltage and the amplitude of the ringing in the sniffer coil is 48.31 volts at 853.66 KHZ.
    Last edited by Gary Hammond; 11-23-2015 at 02:56 PM.
    Gary Hammond,

Gary

Nice! Thank you. I'll bet you, with enough experience, one could judge the condition of the battery, and see how well it is de-sulfiding with that method!
    Best regards

James, somewhere in Idaho

“So this is how liberty dies…with thunderous applause.”

~ Padmé Amidala ~

John K & Nityesh

John. Assuming next, I then hook my scope lead to one end and the ground to the other, and then place the core close to the cable?

Thank you both.
    Yes, the sniffer coil core next to the wire. You can also experiment using a hall sensor, next to the wire too.

Just an idea, how about using a play/record head from an old tape deck as a sniffer. I bet that would work good.

kind
    regards
    Nityesh Schnaderbeck
    Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 11-23-2015 at 04:01 PM.

I watched "The Bedini Tesla Switch" DVD Disk2 again, saw how John Bedini connected, the extra 4 LEDs, 2 red and 2 yellow, (not shown on the white board) on his working demonstration. The LEDs are bypassing, the diodes on the negatives of the batteries and the reverse biased LED. I have added those LEDs in my 4 Battery Bedini Tesla Switch. Shown below.

The 4 LEDs are flashing like on John Bedini's demonstration. Now I can see the switch switching, from the indicator LEDs.

Here are some results so far. Running without a load.

B1 B2 B3 B4 Time
    4.85V 4.98V 4.98V 5.01V 3:00am
    4.86V 5.01V 4.99V 5.01V 3:24am
    4.86V 5.07V 5.01V 4.95V 9:05am
    4.85V 5.08V 5.01V 4.94V 10:08am
    4.86V 5.08V 5.01V 4.95V 10:50am
    4.87V 5.08V 5.01V 4.96V 11:57am
    4.88V 5.03V 5.01V 4.96V 1:56pm
    4.84V 5.06V 5.01V 4.96V 2:22pm

Now I can see all 4 batteries changing voltages. That is a very good sign.

If or when I get this 4 Battery Bedini Tesla Switch working, then I can apply the same, mods to the " Tri-Symmetrical 3 battery Tesla switch"

Most
    Kindest
    Regards
    Nityesh Schnaderbeck
    Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 11-24-2015 at 08:32 PM.

Hi Nityesh

Very nice...The symmetry of your layout always amazes me...very intuitive. Again, the batteries seem to want to seek a balance...very good work!
    Best regards

~ Padmé Amidala ~

Hi Nityesh

Very nice...The symmetry of your layout always amazes me...very intuitive. Again, the batteries seem to want to seek a balance...very good work!
    Thankyou, Both sides of the circuit are mirror images of each other. Yes you are right the batteries are balancing out, not just the voltages, but the impedance of the battery pack's would be equalizing too.

jamesgray3rd
    Nice coil winding machine.

Kind
    Regards
    Nityesh Schanderbeck

Hi Nityesh

Thank you. It really does a satisfactory job on coils.

The ongoing result of you switch is very interesting, and encouraging.
    Best regards

~ Padmé Amidala ~

Hi guys,
    This has been a great discussion thread. I shall order the TS DVD in the new year. I shall be travelling for a while and do not want post sitting on my doorstep while I am away. I cannot seem to find out the method of international shipping.

Anyway, I seem to remember JB stating on another forum that the circuit using the Tandy audio transformers should work! I had trouble getting these so I substituted the 3055's with IRFP460's and used first tc4427 gate drives pulsed from the 3524. As the 3524 has a 5% built in safety feature to prevent pulse crossover, I eventually changed to tc4426 - inverted pulses which enables the ability to obtain a 50-50 pulse outcome. Diverting for a moment, I refer to Stanley Meyers' voltage intensifier circuit. The relevant components here for me are the Choke and flyback diode. To my mind, this is the source of energy that charges the water capacitor. So how does Meyers' fit in? Like JB, he uses a current free source to charge his capacitor. But, he was doing it before the TS.

To my mind the key to understanding how the TS operated was understanding as much as can be deduced from the reaction of the batteries. This is where all the action is taking place. As with Meyers' capacitor. There is a sensitive sequence occurring that will eventually condition the battery. But, more importantly, the sequence creates a surfeit of current between the alternating sets of batteries. The sequence that I worked out, which had to be load dependent, was voltage pulse to battery immediately prior to transition of parallel to series. Therefore, using 12v batteries we get the flyback from an 18v charge through a charged inductor = no current. As the batteries are preparing to discharge, this has the effect of pulsing the sulfate ions causing them to think that they should in fact be moving in the charging direction. However, electrons travel 100 times faster than the sulfate ions, and the current starts to appear at the negative pole ready to be used. Stuck in the system is the current stored in the inductor which is already preparing to discharge into the circuit. This discharge repels or restricts that initial surge from battery swapping from parallel to series. So we now have a situation where as the inductor/load current is reversing and simultaneously into the battery, the current in the battery is being repelled back and in conjunction with the ions commences a charging cycle within the battery and, the reversing current into the series batteries, now becomes the charging current into the inductor/load! The process becomes cyclical - back and forth!! This is why JB has stated that a power flow pervades across the Tesla Switch. There would appear to always be current flowing in the circuit but not into or out of the battery!! Consequently, battery voltages can rise substantially if no controller or load matching output exists. It should be now easy to see why Tom Beardon was talking in nanoseconds to achieve switching success.

This is just my 10 cents worth, and I give it in the hope that it will help some of the subscribers' to this thread focus on understanding some of the physics involved during the switching process that seems to be holding some people back. Allowing them to concentrate on their switching accuracy.

Thanks for reading, cheers

Dwane
    Last edited by Dwane Dibley; 12-08-2015 at 06:00 AM.

Hi Dwane, interesting analysis. Thanks for sharing.

John K.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Hi Dwane, interesting analysis. Thanks for sharing.

John K.
    Its my pleasure. When I first started looking at the Tesla Switch a few years back, I spent a lot of time trying to get the switching correct for what the "original" circuit suggested. I spent some long hours analysing Tom Beardon's comment, and coupled to the raw facts regarding the difference in speed within the lead acid battery of electrons and ions, it just became a matter of logically tracing what I presumed to be the most likely outcome given the facts.

I have moved away from the TS somewhat and I am developing a non mechanical outcome from the "Free Energy Generator" which in its prototype form will charge 200,000uf of capacitors within a second up to 50volts. That has a dangerously high joule rating on discharge at 100 us!! I am also looking to convert this improved FEG into a plasma driven drive.

Anyway, too many hours have been lost by people stressing over the switching. By tracing the operation at its fundamental level, this should assist with understanding the switch requirements, if not the actual switching techniques or components. To my mind the most useful applications for the TS are those that require a steady state/fixed load. There are plenty of those around.

I suppose it is sunny in Melbourne today?

Cheers

Dwane