No announcement yet.

BobZilla's Custom Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom, you're giving RF too much credit - this coast of his was NOT sending anything back to the primary as S2 disconnected the primary from the ckt completely so S1 could dump back to the primary.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Self-runner1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	46958
    The only way to do this is as I have shown on my vid and have explained in this thread. I'll give him this... at least RF had a DPDT switch on the trigger to help prevent blown transistors. Although that's not what he used it for, many people did.

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
    Hi guys,
    Well from what Patrick and Tom have said it sounds like this idea is worth at least a little experimenting with. I tell you what, I did notice this effect the other day in a small way. I had setup with a 15k cap in parallel with my primary. I was trying to recreate the cap dancing that I did awhile ago on the SS and that system had caps on both ends so that's why I put that on. Well at some point I had shut off and unhooked the primary because it was down to like 11 something under load. I sort of forgot about the cap but when I glanced at my chart I had 13.7 volts on the primary meter, I thought for a second like WTF because I knew I had just unhooked the battery. Obviously it was the cap but the interesting thing is that it was well over the voltage of the primary. I assume it got a little charge as the wheel spun down.
    Now Imagine doing this with the trigger disconnected :-)

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
    Anyway guys I just got home and I am going to setup a run. The lightsthing will have to wait if I ever get too it. I did give it a try but I blew one out I had 300 Ohm on it but I guess it wasn't enough so I will have to put more resistance on. I mainly want to just get into a run instead of wasting time on that at the moment.

This run will be like nothing I have shown so far. It will be a GEN mode under a heavy load. This machine is very freaking powerful and I want to show that off a bit ;-)

I may even post back again tonight with the run data. ..

Thanks again for all of the feedback!
    Don't worry about the leds, take my word for it, you can change the length of the on time. You also only need one led to show this. I'm glad you have it up and running - so quickly to-boot...
    KR - Patrick

Comment

• Last nights run did not turn out well. I fell asleep and let her go way too long. I am going to do another gen mode run and try to post it though, I have not shown the machine running in that mode yet.

Yea Patrick I am getting pretty fast at changing out transistors. The thing that sucks is it is not the machines fault. Many people blow them out because of the way the machine is tuned or whatever but my problem has always just been myself and that darn switch. This last time I did mess up one of the traces a little, the circle conductor area on the bottom where the transistor leg goes through pulled off. I was able to scratch the surface of the trace and extend solder over on to it to make the connection though. If I do it again I may have to get another board though.

For everyone reading along i tell you what makes it a lot easier to de-solder. Get a good solder pump. I tried the little bulb kind, I tried copper braid but didn't have nearlyas much sucsess until I got this pump.

http://www.radioshack.com/radioshack...solder&start=4

So I had another thought here about utilizing the mechanical and genny type action. I have not tried it to compare yet but I am thinking,, what about if I were to disconnect the trigger on one or two of my boards and run in gen mode. It seems to me that would produce juice on those power windings without pumping them from the primary. The diodes on C would rectify the signal into a half wave and since gen mode places the back in parallel it seems to me that it would be like running those coils as genny's would it not?

Comment

• Patrick,

thanks for posting that circuit! I was running from memory and could not find it anywhere....

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• [QUOTE=BobZilla;19630]Hi guys,
          Well at some point I had shut off and unhooked the primary because it was down to like 11 something under load. I sort of forgot about the cap but when I glanced at my chart I had 13.7 volts on the primary meter, I thought for a second like WTF because I knew I had just unhooked the battery.

this happen to people in the old yahoo ''it fires when i disconnect
          run batt. either a cap across ft end or its closed which led to this
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlO8UDsc-Fc
          i ran 3 air coils on a V ssg this way 1 coil to drive the wheel 3 coils completely independent [no batt ft side ,ft closed] in what i called a force fire/'//// it is through back thursday
          guy

Comment

• Hi Guy,
            Thanks for posting that video. So if I am understanding what was being shown that was a normal ssg circuit and the mechanical input was driving everything? So if I were to just put in a pulse drive I could get some output through the circuit simply from the mechanical in between power pulses?

I MUST set this up now to see what happens.

I will be posting a gen mode run as soon as I get the video processed. I did a few runs back to back on a garden battery just to show how the machine handles it. I will be back soon to post that.

Comment

• 1.yes
              i did it with 2 trigger
              1 trigger for 1 v ssg [the driver of wheel]
              1 trigger to force fire 3 coils ft end shunted [no bat] the only shared is out up batt
              total of 4 trans

between pulses dos not apply as i see it as the drive coil is a separate trigger and you can time 3 force fire coils as you wish
              did the trigger a few ways on the 3 = separate or wound with ,it is inductive trigger
              my 3 force fire coils were C shape windings[air core] that wrapped around wheel getting as much as i can on south side with out hitting spokes . it had to run a min rpm to fire because no iron core . no iron core to stop drag. the drive coil is a stock ssg

Comment

• Ok so here is that run I spoke of.

I did two disharge/charge cycles on a little garden battery. The machine was running at about 5A in GEN mode and the discharges were done at 5A as well.

I say it in the video also but keep in mind that 5A is way over a c20 for such a small battery so the meter readings are not very helpful. This was mostly just to show some gen mode action on the machine.

Here are he charts:

Name:	4C_run4gen_c.jpg
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	46959

Name:	4C_run4gen_p.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	46960

Name:	CBA_discharge_run4.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	46961

And a video:
                https://files.secureserver.net/0sRLzIBZefqwar

Comment

• 1.yes
                  i did it with 2 trigger
                  1 trigger to force fire 3 coils ft end shunted [no bat] the only shared is out up batt
                  total of 4 trans

between pulses dos not apply as i see it as the drive coil is a separate trigger and you can time 3 force fire coils as you wish
                  did the trigger a few ways on the 3 = separate or wound with ,it is inductive trigger
                  my 3 force fire coils were C shape windings[air core] that wrapped around wheel getting as much as i can on south side with out hitting spokes . it had to run a min rpm to fire because no iron core . no iron core to stop drag. the drive coil is a stock ssg
                  Excellent! Thanks for sharing this info guy. I am going to start out just getting a pulse system for my primary, something I think I can easily hookup withy FET board. Later I will experiment with the detached coils and the shunting etc..

Comment

• Originally posted by guyzzemf View Post
                    1.yes
                    i did it with 2 trigger
                    total of 4 trans

I like this explanation of what you were doing in your vid Guy.

What you were doing and what Dadhav was doing are different than the "back-charging" I describe earlier in this thread however.

what you both were doing was this:

Although I never knew what you were doing until you described it here just now... you found it first with your C shaped coils Dadhav found it because of his T shaped stators.

Bob, you're not going to find that with your setup unless you understand what the 3 of us are doing. Luckily you have us here to ask anything you like.
                    Cheers,
                    Patrick

Comment

• Thanks for the vid Patrick. Yea I know we are talking about two different things, thats why I said I was going to experiment with what I described previously,, pulsing the primary. Iintend to pulse the primary and put a cap ahead of it with a diode between to act as a check valve for the back charge. It's basically a cap dump circuit but instaed of cap dumping I will be primary dumping if you will. The machine will be like the target battery on a regular cap dump and the primary is like the cap.

This other thing will come later.

Comment

• yes sir that is it // the C coils tried to get the magnet to pass as deep in the C Click image for larger version

Name:	magnet+deep+as+possable+i+c+of+windings.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	46962 as possible
                        Last edited by guyzzemf; 03-05-2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
                          Thanks for the vid Patrick. Yea I know we are talking about two different things, thats why I said I was going to experiment with what I described previously,, pulsing the primary. Iintend to pulse the primary and put a cap ahead of it with a diode between to act as a check valve for the back charge. It's basically a cap dump circuit but instaed of cap dumping I will be primary dumping if you will. The machine will be like the target battery on a regular cap dump and the primary is like the cap.

This other thing will come later.
                          Yup, that's what I'm talk'n bout :-)
                          like I mentioned earlier, i've done all that. what I'll find interesting when YOU do it is your use of a microcontroller to regulate the on/off time... find out if there is something that your machine likes. Some other cool effects are what you get with the charging when the power is constantly turned on and off. So there is an optimal point that the charging side will prefer as well.
                          Always the balance Eh
                          Patrick

Comment

• Aye,,, sometimes communications get fuzzy. It's kind of like passing notes back in school rather than a real conversation ehh.

All good though. So I hooked my stuff up as described and it is working. I have only had it running a short time but with the micro I can set however. So far I have tried 1 second on, one off,, and half second on, half off,,, basically trying a 50/50 cycle to start out with. I will post some examples after I get a little familiar with it...

Comment

• if you have a vanilla ssg an old signal transistor thats where i did most testing as to know what to scale up
                              by shunting [closing] input you should be able to fire the trane by a spinning wheel by hand the trick is to play with it till
                              you get most out .i got tired of spinning by hand and added simple ssg drive coil [ at one point to be really stingy on input i ran drive coil
                              with a bedini/ cole 1/2 wave
                              it is a magneto kinda
                              guy
                              ps the non sp setup works well its seems better than super pole
                              pss i ck my mail 2 times during your vid it was your cpu
                              Last edited by guyzzemf; 03-06-2015, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• Just a little update:
                                So I was playing with the new setup with the pulsing primary and I tried it without the cap. I immediately noticed that on the off times my neons were lighting up just a little. It shows me that there is energy there that needs to go somewhere, in other words without the cap to absorb it the neons had to burn it off. I may not have it all figured out as this was just a quick observation but as soon as I put a cap between the primary and the machine with the diode (check valve) they stopped lighting.

I am thinking that I can perhaps setup something along the lines of what Patrick and Guy are talking about with that small wheel I have in the front of the machine. I will work at that later though,for now I am really digging the results I am getting just from the mods I made to the front end.

Thanks again for all the advice...

Comment

Working...
                                X