No announcement yet.

BobZilla's Custom Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heya Patrick,,,Yea the primary chart looks crazy. Those are two 100AH in series on the front(remember folks that when in series you are doubling voltage but not gaining any capacity). All of these batteries are several years old and they are AGM so I'm sure they are not sill working as advertised but they do run real loads very well still.

I only made one adjustment throughout the run, about half way through. Other than that all the fluctuations are natural, either the batteries or the magnetic fields being disturbed by people proximity.

By the way I am starting to play with a different style right now which looks promising. I have my draw down to 900ma with a 1 and a quarter dump cycle and it seems to be doing well. I could also go the other extream and hammer the crap out of the cap. All about trying different things at this point in time. I can run the machine up to about three amps on the input before she starts growling back so you can imagine there are many ways I can approach it.
    Last edited by BobZilla; 02-22-2015, 11:12 AM.

Comment

you should post your charts with the same voltage divisions if you can, as it can be misleading at first glance

Comment

Charts are auto scale, nothing I can do about that.

Look what I received today folks,,,

Click image for larger version

Name:	normalpole.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	46941

With this I can run regular poles.

Comment

This machine will keep you busy for a long time, nice smooth running, thx for sharing.

Comment

Good too hear from you Aln,, I hope your doing well.

You know I am looking at all my parts and thinking,,,, hmm maybe build another one lol.

I have a bunch of coils from my previous machines and now an extra wheel. I have been kicking around the idea to make a 2 coiler with a smaller frame.

Comment

Isn't that how things go, don't get too many irons in the fire now we are learning with you w/ this build, I personally can't wait to see some generator coils. Gonna post a question for you or Patrick on the phototherapy-grow light thread about the soldid state CPD mod, trying not to muck up your thread with unrelated stuff. Aln

Comment

I have tried out some genny stuff on it but I will e honest,, it was not all to spectacular. That is actually one reason I want to get this new regualr pole wheel on there. I'm pretty sure I can get the RPM's much higher with it and I think that is what I need to really get some good juice from a genny.

All along the genny was just an added bonus in my view. I would love to get it working good but this machine is a beast for output even without it.

Comment

Greetings,

I did a cap-dump run on a garden battery, results below.

This was again series on the front and 12v on the back. The fronts were my 75AH.

The dump was set to 1300ms off,, 200ms on.

Name:	4C_run3_c.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	46947

Name:	4C_run3_p.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	46948

And a video:
                  https://files.secureserver.net/0svb4VqZmabXdm

Comment

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
                    Greetings,

I did a cap-dump run on a garden battery, results below.

This was again series on the front and 12v on the back. The fronts were my 75AH.

The dump was set to 1300ms off,, 200ms on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4499[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4500[/ATTACH]

And a video:
                    https://files.secureserver.net/0svb4VqZmabXdm
                    Hi Bob,

your cap dump circuit seems to be working very nicely! Are you satisfied with the cap you are using or would you tweak it out/change it out for something smaller and dump more often?

The tall spikes on the charge side are interesting, are we not seeing all of them because your meter is not catching them or is that actually a behavior of the charging battery or the cap dumping at different voltages or...?

Do you ever shunt the meters out on your runs or are the always inline?
                    Thanks - Patrick

Comment

Hi Patrick,

For this machine I would say the cap is just about perfect. I used to run this same one on a two coiler 12v system and had a little bit of a hard time filling it fast enough. In the vid I just posted I am running just over 1A but at 24v, that is almost as low as I can go with this machine, a little lower when the primaries are lower but that is basically it. So if I wanted to fill it faster and dump faster I can run the machine a little harder and easily fill it up. The machine can run between 1 - 3 amps smoothly, then if I want too I can go up into 4 -5 A but that is a bit much for it. I like to keep my off period on the cap at least 1 second for a few reasons but mostly because the FET's don't heat up as much as they do with like a half second pulse. The other reason is Mr. Bedini has said on a few videos that you want a "rest" period between pulses. This machine does not run so well on gen mode, I think it is because of the super pole magnets so I do not use my "cap dancing" method on it which uses very fast dumps. You only get an advantage from that I think when in gen mode as you saw back on that SS video awhile ago. So for this machine in mode 1 I like somewhere around 1 - 2 second normal dump cycles.

Now as far as the chart, yes primarily it looks choppy like that because the meters only sample once per second and the dumps are 1.5 seconds so it catches it at slightly different values when it records, sort of a phasing issue with the meter. With that said you can observe something else however. Notice when we start out the green spikey area is much less and it increases as the charge battery climbs. This is because the battery is not as thirsty and the potential is not as wide so less current is flowing and the voltage is rising with nowhere else to go. When watching the cycle in the early part of the charge the cap was dumping around 30v but towards the end it was closer to 40 because the charge was not as willing to accept it. I also think that the primary was starting to get a little back spike towards the end, I mean geez it only dropped about half a volt over the whole run, granted it was a small target but still. One other thing I remember from my experiments a long time ago, higher voltage dumps produce some very interesting spike behavior from a cap, a secondary dipole event which is similar to the cap dance deal. Remember when I showed if I dumped at 40v I could pick up a 400v spike, if not it was somewhere in that old thread when I first started talking about the cap dance.

Oh and no I leave the meters hooked up all the time, at least lately. I am experimenting mostly with this machine right now so I need them. Later on when I know how I like to set things and I am just charging to use the batteries I usually remove all the meters.

Thanks for your interest in my work, I love talking about this stuff and you guys are probably the only people who understand any of it ;-)

*EDIT*
                      This is a link to that old thread section that I mentioned about the 400v spikes on a cap dump. Of course My understanding of things has improved since then but the basic information is still true.
                      http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...ll=1#post10845
                      Last edited by BobZilla; 02-26-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                        @Patrick,

I am telling you only what was given me, so from the very beginning I have built a certain way. matched trannies, matched coils, big wire to the batteries, matched magnets, never matched the number of rods!! for solid state shottky diodes too. my biggest problem has always been timing, getting the coils to line up so they fire at exactly the same time. I had a lot of trouble with this at first as my problem was accurate magnet spacing. I am really glad you are building Patrick we all have things to share do not stop. and you are right it is in the battery. there are other factors here also when it comes to Charging... there are probably a ton of things I am still not doing right, and I can honestly say I have not tested it any other way than how it was shown to me to do it.

I will go back and watch number 2 again....

Tom C
                        Here's a single shot of the dancing h waves on John B's 10 coiler:

Name:	10coil-h-wave1.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	46949
                        When you watch the vid you can see the wave moving slightly. My 3PM doesn't do that. My bike wheel does, precisely because the magnets and or coil's are off a bit.

Bob is right though, this will not effect when the transistor fires. Bob, I think you mentioned before that some of the things I was noting would not cause the transistors to fire at different times as long as they were all controlled by a single trigger coil. I can't remember if you have a scope or not, but have you placed a Pot in place where a "branched resistor" would go yet? Even with an led across each of the coils you can see that the moment the transistor shuts OFF can be controlled by the pot and you can have one coil shutting off at a different time than the other. I think you used the word amplitude, but would you accept that you can also change the duty with the resistance to the base? I think you can follow where that leads...

Sorry in advance - I tried to let it go couldn't do it :-)

I still contend, and no one addressed this, there is something very basic that goes on in a single coil that will not take place from one coil to another and that is the reason we want the transistors on one coil to all be matched. if we can get them matched across all coils, this is icing on the cake, however coil to coil we can control via the branch resistor.

Kind regards,
                        Patrick A

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Sorry I do not have a scope, always wanted one but I have done ok so far without it.

Even with an led across each of the coils you can see that the moment the transistor shuts OFF can be controlled by the pot and you can have one coil shutting off at a different time than the other. I think you used the word amplitude, but would you accept that you can also change the duty with the resistance to the base?
                          I quoted that part just because this potion of the response is directly to that. So I think what your saying may be possible but let me explain what I think could be the cause. You are focusing on timing of the collapse or the spike, however we want to look at it. In my view this could be manipulated as you say by more and less resistance but it is a by product of the amplitude of the signal. Let me put it this way, take coil A and lets say it's base has 100 Ohm and coil B has 200 Ohm. Lets pretend here we are only talking about single wires not a "coil" with 4. So if we are hitting both with the same trigger they obviously get the same input voltage and current from the trigger but once we hit the base resistor things change. Coil A will open the base of the transistor more because the resistor is less and the current is more from the trigger signal,, this in turn allows the coil to charge a bit faster and fuller than the same input on coil B would. So now we are talking about amplitude and capacitance in the coil. Coil A would basically be stronger than B. Now when the magnet passes and the trigger (same on both) stops feeding the base then I would guess coil B to close faster because the coil did not "charge" capacitance as much,,say under saturated if you will. It collapses faster hence a perception of quicker switching time. Coil A would seem slower but that is only because it had more capacity/amplitude because of the base resistance allowing more current to flow from E to C. In short coil A would seem slower but would yeild a larger spike while coil B would seem quicker but have less to collapse and produce a little weaker spike.

Of course this is all just theory but looking at it this way I could see Patrick how the "time" could be affected by variable base resistances. Does this make any sense, or align with what your saying?

I still contend, and no one addressed this, there is something very basic that goes on in a single coil that will not take place from one coil to another and that is the reason we want the transistors on one coil to all be matched. if we can get them matched across all coils, this is icing on the cake, however coil to coil we can control via the branch resistor.
                          I can say with certainty that the trigger on my master coil recieves a lot of energy from cross induction with the power windings. This can easily be seen on any of my slave coils where the unused trigger is dangling in the wind. I can get serious voltages if I connect a meter to one of them but as soon as the machine is cut off it drops dramatically and then it is only the natural generator action from the wheel spin.

Note to all:
                          I don't want to sound like a know it all, I don't. I'm not even sure about things I think I know sometimes but I think through discussing these things with others we all benefit from each others point of view and that is why I try to explain things as I see them. Take it all with a grain of salt, I do.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Sorry I do not have a scope, always wanted one but I have done ok so far without it.

I quoted that part just because this potion of the response is directly to that. So I think what your saying may be possible but let me explain what I think could be the cause. You are focusing on timing of the collapse or the spike, however we want to look at it. In my view this could be manipulated as you say by more and less resistance but it is a by product of the amplitude of the signal. Let me put it this way, take coil A and lets say it's base has 100 Ohm and coil B has 200 Ohm. Lets pretend here we are only talking about single wires not a "coil" with 4. So if we are hitting both with the same trigger they obviously get the same input voltage and current from the trigger but once we hit the base resistor things change. Coil A will open the base of the transistor more because the resistor is less and the current is more from the trigger signal,, this in turn allows the coil to charge a bit faster and fuller than the same input on coil B would. So now we are talking about amplitude and capacitance in the coil. Coil A would basically be stronger than B. Now when the magnet passes and the trigger (same on both) stops feeding the base then I would guess coil B to close faster because the coil did not "charge" capacitance as much,,say under saturated if you will. It collapses faster hence a perception of quicker switching time. Coil A would seem slower but that is only because it had more capacity/amplitude because of the base resistance allowing more current to flow from E to C. In short coil A would seem slower but would yeild a larger spike while coil B would seem quicker but have less to collapse and produce a little weaker spike.

Of course this is all just theory but looking at it this way I could see Patrick how the "time" could be affected by variable base resistances. Does this make any sense, or align with what your saying?

I can say with certainty that the trigger on my master coil recieves a lot of energy from cross induction with the power windings. This can easily be seen on any of my slave coils where the unused trigger is dangling in the wind. I can get serious voltages if I connect a meter to one of them but as soon as the machine is cut off it drops dramatically and then it is only the natural generator action from the wheel spin.

Note to all:
                            I don't want to sound like a know it all, I don't. I'm not even sure about things I think I know sometimes but I think through discussing these things with others we all benefit from each others point of view and that is why I try to explain things as I see them. Take it all with a grain of salt, I do.
                            Hey Bob,
                            I think this is a good conversation and perhaps others can learn from it. I could easily put this to rest with a simple video showing scope shot of two h waves being controlled as I describe. I don’t have such a big ego to say you have to take my word for it. So for a moment, forget about the amplitude, that only serves to change the subject. Let’s focus on the duty.

All I ask is for those who want to put the subject to rest, place an led+protective resistor across coil1 – do the same to coil2, place the reflective/white tape on the wheel that will show the led, you will see you can control the duty (time that the transistor is ON) by increasing or lowering the resistance.

This is the point; if the transistors are turning off at different times then we are not taking advantage of the one big kick. This is ONE of the purposes of matching the transistors so they shut off at the same time. I only want to focus on that one subject, the time of shut off. This is when the spike happens.

I could say more on amplitude, time the transistor turns on, time it takes the transistor to fully open etc... but let's at least put the subject to rest that from coil to coil we can control the time the transistor turns off by other means than matching the transistors across a 10 coil 40 transistor build. Again, I'm not saying that is not a good thing. I'm not saying JB did not do that. All I'm saying is we can control the time we shut it off by other means, we can also delay the time it turns on
                            KR - Patrick A.
                            Last edited by min2oly; 03-01-2015, 09:32 AM. Reason: removed the word "wire", as this will only work on two separate coils!

Comment

Ok Patrick I will rustle up a few LED's and setup as your describing.

On my machine I have 4 power windings to each board and the boards are fed trigger through resistors and bulbs. If I put led's across one power winding on two different boards and change the resistance at the bulb/resistor junction on one of the boards would this demonstrate what your saying? What I mean is we would be basically changing the trigger resistance on two boards, not individual windings but boards.

Comment

Ok Patrick I will rustle up a few LED's and setup as your describing.

On my machine I have 4 power windings to each board and the boards are fed trigger through resistors and bulbs. If I put led's across one power winding on two different boards and change the resistance at the bulb/resistor junction on one of the boards would this demonstrate what your saying? What I mean is we would be basically changing the trigger resistance on two boards, not individual windings but boards.
                                yes :-)
                                if I'm understanding you correctly... as long as you are making the resistance going to one board different than the resistance going to another board. If you have an extra POT that would be best so you can start it from zero then increase gradually. If you do not have an extra POT large enough use a 10 ohm resistor to start... And, you should have two separate led's one for each coil. Just point them to the same piece of tape.

Comment

Working...
                                X